Ranking
For the people saying Team Fortress 2, can you explain to me why the game is so fun? I downloaded it last week and it seems to be almost completely dead.
Originally Posted by Pidgenere View Post
For the people saying Team Fortress 2, can you explain to me why the game is so fun? I downloaded it last week and it seems to be almost completely dead.

It's thriving in terms of its player to player market.
But not much else.
Counter Strike Source is my favorite valve game. It beats CS: GO in every aspect because it's not a fuckfest of trading dumbass skins.
Valterain1 was defeated by hermaphrodite on Oct 17, 2015.
Originally Posted by Pidgenere View Post

I haven't actually played since the last big update (bandwidth issues) but I've never ever had trouble finding a full server running a map I like, and the competitive scene was pretty active when I was considering getting into it. Have player numbers dropped significantly or something? I can't really imagine that having happened so quickly.
Originally Posted by ImmortalPig View Post
I don't think that's true. All 3 of them were mods that valve then ported. CS and TF were both Half-Life mods, dota was a wc3 mod.

As far as I know the only original games they ended up making were Portal and Half-life.

whats your deal trying to find debate where there is none? dota 2 and dota classic are entirely different. Valve MADE dota 2. valve MADE team fortress 2, and also made the IP entirely their own. CS is the only one they left pretty much unchanged. the op said valve games, not IP's. jesus

if you ask me what my favorite Software Records release is i'm going to say Replica even though Lopatin's on Warp Records now.
Last edited by boStaff; Nov 17, 2015 at 11:29 PM.
shmevin eats smegma
Originally Posted by boStaff View Post
whats your deal trying to find debate where there is none? dota 2 and dota classic are entirely different. Valve MADE dota 2. valve MADE team fortress 2, and also made the IP entirely their own. CS is the only one they left pretty much unchanged. the op said valve games, not IP's. jesus

well I disagree, does volvo even make games?

If you think dota2 and allstars are entirely different... then you are tripping mate it's literally just a reskin (and not even a good one since it's STILL missing heroes).
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
Originally Posted by ImmortalPig View Post
If you think dota2 and allstars are entirely different... then you are tripping mate it's literally just a reskin (and not even a good one since it's STILL missing heroes).

and it's been off beta for like 2 years
a new hero comes out like once a year, only time we got 2 at once (aside from beta heroes, i believe) was 3 spirits update