Originally Posted by Valterain1 View Post
Here's my favorite thing to do.
Get your weight limit as high as possible
take off all your clothes
get the darkwood grain ring
somersault around boss rings
hit the bosses with heavy weapons
and never get hit

Well that needs a lot of practice though. Even like smough and ornsetin on how to defeat them
Last edited by Sumoro; Sep 1, 2015 at 09:59 AM.
Do not treat people the way u want to be treated
~Sumoro
I wouldn't say practice, just good reaction times & remembering to roll the right way is enough to get you through most of it. Even the 4 dongs can be rolled, never understood why people insist on tanking them.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
I wouldn't say practice, just good reaction times & remembering to roll the right way is enough to get you through most of it. Even the 4 dongs can be rolled, never understood why people insist on tanking them.

there are 1-2 sword attacks that are wonky to roll and when they shoot projectiles,

however done em naked with rapier under pw and had to use black hand for blocking projectiles, as it was no shields sl3 run, i guess i cheated ; )
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15
The projectiles are fun, move back, roll forward, lol at them. I dunno, I play a lot of stupid characters with tiny weapons cos fun, so rolling around things and poking just became second nature.

It's basic shit like parrying I'm terrible at Except that knight on the Anno Londo ledge, I nail that one every time.

<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Parrying isn't really necessary in the game, I would say 99% of the time (at least) it's faster to just roll and hit.

After the first few clears I don't think I blocked or parried anything, it's just easier to roll and hit once you are even semi-familiar with timings. Especially if you are playing glass cannon since most things die one hit anyway, but I can see why people want to parry or block for stam conservation or if they don't understand the timings (eg on first playthrough when you don't know any patterns).
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
Well, im going to the depths also how do u defeat the boss there ik theres a guy who likes dances with his staff, please tell me how to kill him, there is like 3 rats thats guarding them that he buffs, it tell me how to kill it please.
~Sumoro
Depends on how you want to do it. Channelers can be stunlocked if you shoot them in the face with a bow, or you can kill the rats and roll the magic... Probably best if you lame it with the bow for now.

As for the dragon, it's an easy boss. Stand infront of it with a bit of distance so it slams it's body down, run in & whack it in the head a couple of times then get out it's way. After it charges forward prod it in the ass. Cut it's tail off for a free axe and even easier fight. Just keep your distance from it's front and you'll be fine; oh and run when it pukes.
Like all dragons it's weak to lightning, there's a merchant that sells pine resin before the boss for added easy. There's also 2 NPC summons outside the fog door providing you've talked to Solaire & rescued (+ not killed) Lautrec. They're pretty useless, but it's funny watching them fail.

<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Originally Posted by Sumoro View Post
Well, im going to the depths also how do u defeat the boss there ik theres a guy who likes dances with his staff, please tell me how to kill him, there is like 3 rats thats guarding them that he buffs, it tell me how to kill it please.

You can always use the master key to skip the depths, and save your frame rate.
That's what most people do every playthrough.
But if you didn't get the master key.
then you fucked up
Valterain1 was defeated by hermaphrodite on Oct 17, 2015.
Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
Depends on how you want to do it. Channelers can be stunlocked if you shoot them in the face with a bow, or you can kill the rats and roll the magic... Probably best if you lame it with the bow for now.

As for the dragon, it's an easy boss. Stand infront of it with a bit of distance so it slams it's body down, run in & whack it in the head a couple of times then get out it's way. After it charges forward prod it in the ass. Cut it's tail off for a free axe and even easier fight. Just keep your distance from it's front and you'll be fine; oh and run when it pukes.
Like all dragons it's weak to lightning, there's a merchant that sells pine resin before the boss for added easy. There's also 2 NPC summons outside the fog door providing you've talked to Solaire & rescued (+ not killed) Lautrec. They're pretty useless, but it's funny watching them fail.

Oh so i need distance but what happens when it jumps. Also this bugs me those nasty scary frogs, they cursed me and i know theres a bird that u can trade it with items when u get back at the asylum but idk what item for it to exchange with the item to redo the curse

Originally Posted by Valterain1 View Post
You can always use the master key to skip the depths, and save your frame rate.
That's what most people do every playthrough.
But if you didn't get the master key.
then you fucked up

Ik theres a door for it but u cant open it with master key, i think u must kill the dragon and get a key for it.
~Sumoro
If you want to trade with snuggly the crow it's a cracked red eye orb for 2 purging stones.
Oswald has a few for sale in the tower behind where the gargoyles were... I assume you've killed them already.

If you're having curse problems then try a light armour set, they have better resistance to things like that... Though not standing in the cloud they create is the best solution lol. You should have the thief set by now, and it's got pretty good resistances for the start of the game.

Distance from the dragon? You don't want to be too far, just out of range from it's slam. That's how you bait it into doing it. Don't lock onto it, it slows movement. Just run when it jumps, it's pretty easy to get out the way of. Just make sure you're not weighed down, ideally you want to keep your weight below quarter of your max for full movement speed + pro rolling. Above half will make you move & roll like a slug.

You can skip the area in the depths with the basilisks if you want. Go behind where the first butcher was, smash the boxes & drop down the hole. Grab the spider shield while you're at it (it's handy for Blight Town). Kill the giant rat if you haven't already, then when you get to the water slide just keep tight against the right wall.

The dragon can be skipped completely though you'll miss out on some easy souls, weapons & one of the armour sets.

If you fancy skipping it, and skipping upper Blight Town (the FPS slowdown on consoles is horrific there) then you can take the back entrance to Blight Town via Valley of Drakes. Make sure you've got lots of blooming purple moss though. The thief set will make things easier here, or if you started as a pyromancer then use that instead. You'll find a pyro set in the swamp once you're down there.
Might be worth popping back to the asylum with the key on the roof in Firelink & grabbing the rusty ring so you can sprint across the swamp. All depends on how you want to play it.

<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you