Ranking
Originally Posted by cocacobra View Post
I'm new to dark souls and I'm using a halberd and have it upgraded to +5. Big mistake?

i would say unscrub yourself and play without shield/blocking, but you would not be able to play like that, so whatver you like, really.
I use a shield. Like how it looks on the back ^^
Starting my third playthrough now, in NG++.

My set-up:

Equipment Spoilerssssss

After the Pursuer in the Forest of fallen giants, right after there's a ledge before the eagles nest, drop down and there it'll be. Drangleic set + sword and shield.
started playing this when it came out on PC, and I haven't played dark souls 1 or demon souls before. was really bored at the start, but got really into it a couple days ago when I started figuring out where to go and how to level up, etc.

So far, I've killed a decent amount of bosses, haven't really had any trouble with any yet. About to kill scorpion bitch and then possibly the mirror bitch later on

my character's gear

Last edited by Faint; May 4, 2014 at 02:44 PM.
How's the pursuer? I fight at him once and decided to go somewhere else. Also the dragonrider is a easy bitch.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by RAWWRH View Post
How's the pursuer? I fight at him once and decided to go somewhere else. Also the dragonrider is a easy bitch.

he's easy if you know his moveset and/or have a shield

just strafe forward and to the right to avoid his charge attack, always roll to avoid his curse stab, block his slash attack (or dodge), dodge his shield bash, block the double stack (or roll twice), every other attack he does is mostly after the slash/shield bash combo and are pretty much easily dodge-able.

i'd say I had an easier time vs. dragonrider but both are pretty easy

possible spoiler

Originally Posted by RAWWRH View Post

You can parry him ;) And look around you.