Toribash
Don't really like the game. I didn't bought it but played it at a friends I can't seem to find some reasons in choosing Dark Souls over Dragons Origin or Skyrim, even Diablo 3.
err dude.. this game is epic as fuck. like best game in atleast 10 years. if you are at state of dieing over and over again thats normal, for beginning.
i play dark souls from launch and still didn't get to dlc content, just because i was perfecting my skills / build for all this time.

i died around 20-25 times on smough and ornstein boss fight on my sl 3 character and about the same on four kings, but this mean that you can complete whole game without even leveling up. and i was playing without shield at all, which makes stuff rather hard, unless you parry all the enemies, which i learned to do.

i was ragequiting this game once because it was quite frustrating in the beginning, but when i "embraced" the idea that you died screen is not a big deal, and stoped to care about it i started to apreciate this game way more. very hostile environment and i was scared the fuck to walk around so any new locations i was walking shield up. ds keep you on your toes every second, and beating 2 bosses who kill you in 2 hits was hell of a challenge but after i beat them i was feeling like i'm king of lizards or something among these lines.

buy it, you would not regret it, unless you want game to hold your hand and make sure you would not die.

tl;dr if you want real game with huge world full of secrets instead of cupboard entertainment where everybody cheer you - go for dark souls. heck, in dark souls every single character use you for his own purpose and it's not always good for you at all. briliant. shows what happen when you blindly following instructions. thats sad that this on of it's kind game.

i'm around 200 hours of dark souls and this game still appealing to me and i still didn't found all of it's secrets and didn't tried tons of weapons and builds.
Last edited by snob; Jan 7, 2013 at 07:00 PM.
Sincerely,
snob
Originally Posted by snob View Post
just become sl 3 darkwraith yay!

Congratulations Snoob.

I am playing for level, so we are far appart in this moment,
Try to get at my level with a new character.
Originally Posted by dengue View Post
Congratulations Snoob.

I am playing for level, so we are far appart in this moment,
Try to get at my level with a new character.

err leveling up may be usefull for increasing stamina to block bosses, but since i play without shield i don't need it anyway,

i wrote a walkthrough how to and what to use

how to become SL3 darkwraith
Sincerely,
snob
So I got this game ages ago but only recently got into it after watching HotshotGG play it on stream and Ssohpkc start a lets play of it. I already had a lvl 6 hunter and got as far as tuarus demon. I couldn't defeat it, after 5 tries it was impossible. I got so close on my first try I just failed. Then I realized that I couldn't open the door to fight Havel so I restarted to get the master key's.

My new warrior was better and badder than my puny hunter and I was able to easily get myself back to the taurus demon and I prepared myself to fight it. I was able to kill it on the first try without getting hit once....I couldn't believe it....

I was able to kill the black knight with relative ease, but now I'm having problems with Havel the rock. I have the drake sword and I am fighting him while being as fast as possible, I just can't 100% dodge is instakill attacks. I stopped playing the game after I lost 6k souls, which I know that isn't that much, but I needed a break from the game.
Summoner Name: Transfer to NA
Region: OCEANIC
parry him, like all enemies
-----
Originally Posted by j4nd0 View Post
So I got this game ages ago but only recently got into it after watching HotshotGG play it on stream and Ssohpkc start a lets play of it. I already had a lvl 6 hunter and got as far as tuarus demon. I couldn't defeat it, after 5 tries it was impossible. I got so close on my first try I just failed. Then I realized that I couldn't open the door to fight Havel so I restarted to get the master key's.

My new warrior was better and badder than my puny hunter and I was able to easily get myself back to the taurus demon and I prepared myself to fight it. I was able to kill it on the first try without getting hit once....I couldn't believe it....

I was able to kill the black knight with relative ease, but now I'm having problems with Havel the rock. I have the drake sword and I am fighting him while being as fast as possible, I just can't 100% dodge is instakill attacks. I stopped playing the game after I lost 6k souls, which I know that isn't that much, but I needed a break from the game.

meh, forget about souls, seriously learn to parry all the enemies so you will be able to kill havel with 5-7 rapier riposites

i completed almost whole game with rapier and no shield

if you get frustraded thast okay, bear it and you will start to love this game better then any other game, heck i play only ds since moment of it's launch and was ragequiting for loosing souls once too.
Last edited by snob; Jan 8, 2013 at 02:21 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Sincerely,
snob
Havel is easy,
walk to the right side of his body, wait him to attack and then backstab him on his back, do it all the fight.

but use light armor to walk faster.
I was able to beat Havel, started using him to as a drop box for souls. The treck getting to him got 1.5k souls each run and I had 15k after 10 failed tries. I gave up, levelled up and continued on with the story. After getting passed the dragon and up to the blacksmith, i went back with a vengeance. Easily beat him after I stomped rolling into him. I've gotten the hang of basic combat and backstabbing, haven't parried anything yet. Currently farming at Darkroot Garden (Things passed the door that needed a 20k soul cresent bought from the blacksmith) to get my faith, int and attunement to the necessary levels before going about my merry way with vitality, endurance, dex and str.

Dark souls is a really fun game.
Summoner Name: Transfer to NA
Region: OCEANIC
well, when you will get bored of simple blocking and backstabbing i highly recommend to learn to parry. game changes drasticly. and if you will stop using shield aswell this game will be re-opened for you even after 200 hours.

only enemies you can't parry are animals, giants and plants in darkroot garden.
Sincerely,
snob