Toribash
I finished it. Well not exactly, i dont know what to do now :P. Those previews were just symmetries of the quarter which i actually modeled - how can i make it all one object now? I am still new to 3ds max really, so sorry if its a stupid question :P And after joining the quarters together, what should i do? Textures? Smoothing?

finished model

Oh and if you see something modeled bad or any suggestions on fixing things, please tell me.
You could do a little smoothing, I'd stay away from using subdividing methods on the whole thing. Just select the polys that are too rough and work at it piece by piece.
<Crooked> I'd say spartan, cause if he's tough enough to digest ungodly amounts of alcohol he clearly has the best body
Gah, I was going to show you how just now but this happened:

Basically, you first have to connect all the polys together. In polygon select mode, under your modifier tab, scroll down to "connect". Click on connect, and then click on all you other polys.

Next you have to weld the points together, do this by being under vertex edit mode, again in the modifer tab, scroll down to either 'weld' or 'target weld'

If you choose to use weld, set the threshold fairly high and press weld. Hopefully it will merge the vertex's that are close together.

If that doesn't work, you can use target weld. Click on target weld, then click on one vertex to start the operation. Next click on the vertex you want to weld it too.

I know it's pretty damn hard to follow text, but I hope this will help you.
<Crooked> I'd say spartan, cause if he's tough enough to digest ungodly amounts of alcohol he clearly has the best body
lol'd at error

Well i know how to weld vertices and connect egdes, the point is that i used the "symmetry" modifier, which only creates something like a preview, not a real selectable model which can be welded to something. Otherwise i would know how to do it :P
Can you right click on it and "Convert to editable poly"?
Originally Posted by wiirus View Post
glad you like it so far

My gosh!!! Orange/black watch! I must have one of those.

Looking great so far.
Want to join GATA?Apply here
Free textures
thanks, progress slowed down a lot, now that school started again.

Tee-Hee

DeviantArt (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Warning: Removal of the attached label is punishable by instant death.
Just so you know, you're supposed to take picures of clocks at about 10:20, so the hands are symmetrical and you can see the logo (MAKE ONE!) better.
Like dis: