Ranking
Originally Posted by avwave View Post
odd, i never did do what the client wanted. i always did what i liked and "coerced" the buyer that its what he wanted

its the difference between a good commission worker and a great one. a good one just does what the client wants, a great one decides what the client REALLY wants (i.e., skills in mindraping)

You're avwave though.
rep sells.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Rising star? http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=227983 BadStigma

Ben you're right, I should finish my work, I simply have too much going on in real life to be making a lot of textures.
However, once I get photoshop back I will make at least one head texture per week.
FINISHED.

I always liked KunfuJC's work.
Fr3styL . Improving by Improvising
I'm an artist.
The artists I know.
Pate5
LWafflez
Ferrock2
AlphasoniK
ManTrain
Razasha
KungfuJC
TomPaine
Fate
Doxxy
Barreta
Marma

I don't remember some of them though :/
<Marco> and then Oblivion tried to sexually assault me
<Oblivion> and Marco wasn't surprised at all
Originally Posted by AlphasoniK View Post
Ben you're right, I should finish my work, I simply have too much going on in real life to be making a lot of textures.
However, once I get photoshop back I will make at least one head texture per week.
FINISHED.

wasnt judging you, whens the last time i finished anything?

Originally Posted by TengoMan View Post
The artists I know.

wasnt the question. the question was who the top active texturers are atm.
3/4 of those you listed dont make art anymore/inactive
Last edited by BenDover; Jan 10, 2011 at 01:02 PM.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
I can only speak for who I've wanted to buy from personally, those being avwave, BenDover, CkyToH, Maldiluna, hanz0 and AHD (aside from the set bouncy made me, pahahaha)

I consider them all highly competent and well worth the money (aside from bouncy, where mapping is what we say it is), although that's all in my own opinion because now my texture set is probably the most important aspect of my tori for me. (Speaking of which, I still want avwave to make me a set) All of the above people have been a pleasure to buy from, though, and if they're still doing what they did for me I recommend anyone to them.

I saw Nightmare's sets and I couldn't honestly say I liked any of his stuff, I wouldn't have paid 3/4 of what everyone else was. At best I saw one or maybe two sets which I would have wanted but at the prices he was throwing up they were completely ridiculous.

Vermine had some really nice stuff, I just had my set sorted when he came about.

Mrama had one or two good things, but never what I wanted.

As for DarkJak, Joonveen and Rexton, I can't honestly say I rank them with the rest because of a) I've never seen their work, or b) Never remembered their work because I didn't like it.

EDIT: Completely forgot MANtrain, I'd have put him at the top if I had something from him, but has anyone ever tried to buy anything from that bastard? ):
Last edited by Gynx; Jan 10, 2011 at 01:25 PM.
collect snots from the nose
Originally Posted by BenDover View Post
havent seen anything new from ferrock

im posting my work on jollyr bord... i will post more on art

i really like:
KungfuJC, Pate5,Alpha, vermine, Mantrain and avenace. but ofc there are other great artist
Last edited by Ferrock; Jan 11, 2011 at 01:53 PM.
[JollyR] [GATA]
Ferrock2^, aveance and Alphasonik make very hight detailed sets.

I also love the work of the artist from the head Space monkey but sadly I forgot the name.
you missed fate and doxxy and before them was aveance

but now it is ferrock2 and razassha (dont think i spelt this right)
Originally Posted by avwave View Post
space monkey?

Yeah, I meant the head at the head texture expo. maldiluna made it, I see.