Toribash
Originally Posted by Warcry View Post

Cameron can actually direct an action scene beyond vibrating his camera and laying sound effects over the top of it.

That is the main thing that makes me want to see it. He has been planning and working on this movie for his entire career, so that's gotta say something. Honestly though everything I have seen for it, previews etc, looks cheesy as hell and the people cats look silly. But I will give it a chance.

Also
Originally Posted by Warcry View Post
In addition, Avatar nearly made me cry bitch tears. It recieves points just for that.

lol, pussy :P
Organisation of Awesome: Member.
Go see it.
That is all I have to say.
I swear, I walked in there with only moderate expectations, walked away with my mind splattered all over the wall.
Originally Posted by War_Hero View Post
doesn't look too interesting to me, I'm more interested in Sherlock Holmes. Guy Ritchie ftw.

Yeah, pretty much the same here. I'd much rather see Holmes than Avatar. :/
Shitty movie with nice effects.
One of the most overhyped movies ever.
Originally Posted by hoho123 View Post

I Want To ManBreakfast Massage Me When He Massage I Will Pay

Originally Posted by DaBandito View Post
Shitty movie with nice effects.
One of the most overhyped movies ever.

Au contrair,good sir,
I just saw it about 3 hours ago.
I expected it to be shit,but it infinitely surpassed my expectations.
The CGI was the best I've ever seen and although predictable at times,the storyline was pretty good too.
Also,the battle scene(s)at the end were epic in all senses of the word.

So,
Yeah,
"Life has a funny way of throwing wet sponges at our dreams." ~ MoreTh>n Freeman
Originally Posted by KiTFoX View Post
Yeah, pretty much the same here. I'd much rather see Holmes than Avatar. :/

me third this but i stil want to see avatar i haven't yet want to see it in 3d
I've also noticed that I seem to "linger" in the world of the movie like I did with (especially) the first Pirates of the Caribbean, it's just so intact and believable, that I actually felt and still feel a little pissed to get pulled back to the real world after the movie.

I actually wouldn't mind all the otherwise great movies being remade in a way that they were more immersive. That's just in theory, of course, but what I mean is that a movie doesn't have to be a breakthrough to be amazing. So in effect, theoretically, movies with great stories but dull or dully described worlds could be improved and I wouldn't mind the ripping off.
I refuse to grab.
-
Like CnC? Most people do. Be a dear and spread the love!
Avatar is probably a first of many movies made in this manner and I respect that. Years from now I think that Avatar is seen as little more than a first of it's kind but only respected as that. As a movie it's probably forgotten pretty soon. Introduction of new tech is Avatars main asset.

Or maybe it's just that I watched the whole Godfather trilogy before going to see Avatar so pretty much everything would have been shitty after that.
Originally Posted by hoho123 View Post

I Want To ManBreakfast Massage Me When He Massage I Will Pay