Toribash
Originally Posted by jaredvcxz View Post
So anyways, I heard that they were going to make a way to make the PS3 play PS2 games, does that have truthiness?

Fake

Originally Posted by Drakhir View Post
Past PS3 releases were able to emulate or play PS2 games, but that feature has been removed from the newest consoles.
As far as I know, the PS3 Slim won't have backwards compatibility.

They Discontinued it because it cost them to much money to add that feature. They weren't making enough profit. So they took out the feature.

I think you're a bit confused. The old ps3s had no way of playing PS2 games except for 20 of the later titles. You're probably thinking of the PS1 compatibility.

Nope, they did have backwards compatibility. I've played PS2 games on mine.

Originally Posted by PlayerID666 View Post
I already own a ps2, so who gives a shit?

I own a PS2 too. It's simpler when you can play more stuff on one console, saves room. And with an addon you can save your PS2 memory cards to your PS3 Hard Drive, It's very helpful. It also plays PS1 games I think. :/

Originally Posted by Cindermomo View Post
Shit, no backwards compatibility? Then I wont spend a dime.

Also,

My 80gb MGS4 Ps3 Bundle [Now Discontinued, afaik] Can play all ps2 and ps1 games.

Ill keep the fatty :O

Yeah, I can't imagine selling my PS3 for that same reason. I love backwards compatibly. :>
Originally Posted by SecondSoul View Post
They Discontinued it because it cost them to much money to add that feature. They weren't making enough profit. So they took out the feature.

Or maybe because PS2 sales were still pretty high, because as far as I remember, the PS3 price didn't drop thanks to the removal of that feature. I could be wrong too.
Last edited by Drakhir; Aug 21, 2009 at 10:08 AM.
I already own a ps2, so who gives a shit?

If the PS3 can play PS2, then you can sell the PS2 to get moar monies to buy the PS3. U r wetated.
i liek turtelz xd
Or maybe because PS2 sales were still pretty high, because as far as I remember, the PS3 price didn't drop thanks to the removal of that feature. I could be wrong too.

It was purely because they weren't making bazillions of profit from what I've read.
With the PS2s, the fat ones lasted, like, forever(Mine's been working for 8 years), but the slims had many overheating problems and didn't last as long. This will most likely happen with the PS3. I think we should wait for some long-term reviews before getting a slim.

My ps2 fat lasted for 6 years then overheated, and literally caught fire.
Hoss.

Yeah what mapleleaf said. They didn't lower the price. But by taking out that feature it cost them less money to make a PS3 and thereby made more profit.
Originally Posted by Chac View Post
In the 8 years that the ps2 has served humanity, there hasn't been a single reported case of ps2s catching fire because of overheat. please stop being a fucktard, thanks

First, It couldn't read god of war, and kept freezing, then it couldnt read any games and kept freezing. Then i opened it up, and sprayed the eye with compressed air, just like on an internet guide, opened it up, the screen went multi-colored, and whoosh.
Hoss.
Are you sure it was compressed air?
Also, pics of burnt device.

Threw it out 3/4 years ago. only had it till 2005/6.

I'm sure it was compressed air. As I used it to clean my old pcs keyboard.

Also, the ps2's eye had a radioactive tag on it. Do not stare directly into this device, or something.
Hoss.
Originally Posted by ToXiKz View Post
Also, the ps2's eye had a radioactive tag on it. Do not stare directly into this device, or something.

The r in laser stands for radiation.