Toribash
Today, I beat the game.

My character was named Gordon Freeman. He was lvl 20 with most of his skills above 50. I made Sarah go into the control room at the end, and blew up Megaton!
Originally Posted by patriotz View Post
omg.... i was at the part right when you are in that virtual world in vault 108 i belive. that scared the shit outta me instead of going into the house i murded everyone like the girl/man said. sliec sliec

i suck though only lvl 9. is enclave power armor or regular power armor better? i use enclave.

While the Enclave armor is (according to fallout lore) said to be more powerful.. As it is a power Mk II, and the t-51b is basically the first power armor created, and was used in O: A. In fallout lore, the Enclave power armor is better, however, due to the t-51b's rarity, I believe they've switched it up a bit and made the t-51b the more powerful armor (even if its rusted). In addition, the rusted t-51b armor has about +10 more damres, than its winterized brother used in O: A. So as an answer, the Enclave power armor Mk II is in fact worse than the t-51b armor in fallout 3. This However may(Should) not be the case in other Fo's.

Of course, if you're going for bonuses.. The Enclave Tesla armor is better for a tech char, while t-51b may suit any char, whilst adding a +1 charisma. It seems a 7 foot tall man/woman encased in power armor may make people like you better, whowuddathawt?

Any more questions?
Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
Any more questions?

Well, I do have a few trivial questions...

1. What's the most effective, non-explosive, non-melee, weapon?

2. Is it possible to get 100% rad resistance? Or at least to a point where rad intake is almost forgettable?
Originally Posted by Unknown View Post

2. Is it possible to get 100% rad resistance? Or at least to a point where rad intake is almost forgettable?

1.I like to use the Hunting Rifle for long range,and the Combat Shotgun for close range.

2.I'm not sure how high your rad resistance can get,but to be honest,it's pretty forgettable even with a low rad. res.

1: Probably the hunting rifle or you could go and download some good weapons, like I did.

2: I think it can be done with perks, a radiation suit and a mod that allows hats + helmets + masks, etc.

Go with a Hunting Rifle at a low level, find out how to acquire " ol' Painless " as its damage is a little higher. ( at a low level)

2. Pointless. The only spots you would need that for (cannot be passed, and I will not ruin why (cannot be passed now at least). As for retrieving a certain something you can get a handy dandy talking 'thing' to do it for you. and getting into that place (surrounded by radiation) Go through a Little lamplight. All will be understood in time.

Originally Posted by TehFlan View Post
1.I like to use the Hunting Rifle for long range,and the Combat Shotgun for close range.

2.I'm not sure how high your rad resistance can get,but to be honest,it's pretty forgettable even with a low rad. res.

Hunting Rifle is highly ineffective at a high level, as better guns could be acquired at that point. Combat shotgun is the same deal. a certain sawed-off shotgun is better, and the terrible shotgun has a large spread, so it may be ineffective.

For a high level, why don't you go talk to a little nice lady named Agatha?
Perhaps, Lincolns repeater? Or maybe the Alien blaster/ Firelance.

Originally Posted by patriotz View Post
pirate i barely understood any of that.

i can only get regular power armour and/or enclave power armour. (regular as in the onebrotherhood knights drop

Rusty t-51b is the best. Enclave power armor is mediocre. (Tesla power armor is mediocre+an energy weapon boost) Outcast power armor is stylish, but note useful.

Originally Posted by Person View Post
You gotta keep whackin' and whackin' and hackin'.

You're doing it wrong.

He's hackin' and wackin' and smackin'.

stfu.
Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
Hunting Rifle is highly ineffective at a high level, as better guns could be acquired at that point.

I used 'painless and a normal combat shotgun until 20 with no problems,but I haven't found Agatha yet,so I'm not sure how good the "certain sawed off" is.
Originally Posted by TehFlan View Post
I used 'painless and a normal combat shotgun until 20 with no problems,but I haven't found Agatha yet,so I'm not sure how good the "certain sawed off" is.

My point being with that statement is that there are better weapons. You don't have to be subject to 25~30 dam, when you can get around 55 (0.3 spread), or 50 with lincolns repeater. I can find other guns too, but I need to go.