Toribash
View Poll Results: Would you like to see the return of the rep system?
Sure
120 Votes / 78.43%
Nah
33 Votes / 21.57%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

I think it's a really good idea.

but that's it. It's a sick idea until implemented within the midst of too many angry and confused 12 year olds.
lol
I'm pro-repsys. Made everyone type pretentiously in order to receive a bigger online dick.
yungmoney has just robbed your bank account for 18 toricredits
People seem to forget that the biggest abusers were staff (smods and admins mainly). They all felt entitled to having high rep without needing to make quality posts, so they just boosted each other and had admins modify them directly.
Originally Posted by Erth View Post
gloat at the sheer amount of rep they had

This is the real problem.
Adding a feature just so that people can brag? No thanks.

Personally I think post count and join date are not necessary to display, since they too are just used for bragging. What practical value does knowing someones join date or post count have?
We all like to boast to friends and be like "dude i got this much ..." so if the rep system was brought back it could encourage players to make better posts. It can also, kind of like what redundant said when looking at advice given by people whether you can trust the information given to you or not by checking someone's reputation.

With the return of rep (theoretically speaking), it could open up maybe a staff position of dedicated clearly to the soul purpose of moderating rep. Example a new private board created, that shows all rep given to users constantly refreshing, like the torispy feature (this could cause server/site lag) in which case it could be more than 7 rep given to a user in less than 5 days. Then the staff position by whoever is checking this, when something comes up on a weird user, or any user, the staff checks posts from the user who received the rep, and then checks who sent it. if a problem pm a smod, if not, let it go. that could be one way of solving it. Of course, people requesting rep get warned,infracted,banned
A dueler is only a good as his finest lift.

I love many people on this forum such as ...
Uric|Internet|Stellar|Wesley|Boonana|AJ|FireBolty|iRookie|Brucia|Kristis133|Liquidoom|Lightningkid
[type=noob]monk[noob]
I respect...
All people will do is beg for rep and tell people they need to +rep them for nice comments and helping them. It will turn into a popularity contest and have nothing to do with anything other than who has more friends. Useless system.
Read the Market Rules
In #Support: [19:53] <@firebolty> StileCheat: Did you try this?: would you lick onima's pussy clean for 10,000 dollars
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I joined a bit after the rep system was taken out, so this is the opinion (or more of a suggestion) from an outsider's point of view.

So I was thinking how about making a limit to how many times you can give somebody rep. That way it has more of a meaningful value. 3 points per month or something really strict, so farmers at least don't have it as easy.

Posting grey list for rep. Min: 10 posts.

And accounts with the same IP can't give each other rep.

That's the way I see it working really.

Also, people with a rep moderating job might be a bit sketchy especially if they're allowed to control the amount of rep somebody has.
<Swyne> <3 Fleip
<3 SWYIE
Floop78 has some good points.
If certain restrictions were put in place it would work like the system should.
Of course, any mention of rep in posts would be against the rules since it's meant to be a natural like system, and not a fishing pond.

Also, what would you think about having rep enabled in only certain areas of the forum where it would be good.
For example, no rep in discussion because as others have said, if someone disagrees with you they'll just -rep you.
But there could be rep in the market so that users can see easily whom they can trust and who is deemed by their peers to be better.
I only want it back if i can keep the amount currently recorded, i dont feel like starting over for the third time
think i was on 1313 iirc

Originally Posted by Solax View Post
Also, what would you think about having rep enabled in only certain areas of the forum where it would be good.
For example, no rep in discussion because as others have said, if someone disagrees with you they'll just -rep you.
But there could be rep in the market so that users can see easily whom they can trust and who is deemed by their peers to be better.

applies to everywhere then
people will +-rep you for everything depending on if they like you or not
content often doesnt matter
then again, it makes sense seeing as theyr reputation points, if someone +reps you because they think you're cool although your post wasnt amazing, sorta makes sense

the rep system is an incentive for people to do better, i got mega points for posting decent CnC and art, which made me want to do more
im all for it
Last edited by BenDover; Apr 30, 2012 at 07:47 PM.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
The rep system could define for example a scammer from a high quality member.
Yet, the community abused the rep system and rep'd randomly, and some would get rep fucked
because of 1 post. In my opinion it should be brought back as long as it has
some kind of restriction to it. (e.g: one can only rep another if the account is at least x old --
an IP cannot rep an account with the same IP, and what not)
Also, lots of members would abuse the Tutorial board, making something that some of us don't know,
but, as soon as the rep system went down, the tutorial board is pretty dead.

So, in general, you should bring it back.
I don't know how it was on toribash since Im not that old guy \o/
In other communities it works and it is cool
only if people use it right and often.
Also reseting it will be nice for our new people and maybe give the old guys some points
(\(\(\ My work /)/)/)
/)
_('ω'(Q) Have a Banana