Toribash
Original Post
[rb] Who is Who :: Nirs
Hello folks!
Today I'll be a substitute for uFantom (who's kinda busy with his work stuff).
And this issue of Who is Who is dedicated to a Russian guy who is known (or at least was) all round the toricommunity - Nirs!

General information:
  • Registration date: Jan 15, 2008
  • Belt: Custom Belt
  • Ex-Promoteam member, Ex-PT Lead, Ex-Supermoderator, Ex-Administrator
  • Rukeepers founder
  • Likes eighth-form girls

Interview:

Interview

Last edited by sir; May 11, 2013 at 04:17 AM.
We won't post anything today. Some useful persons have an exams this week, so don't miss "Who is Who" on the next sunday o7
Hosted >3000 events b4 you even was born.
MY SUPER ART SHOP IS OPEN AGAIN
Originally Posted by hampa View Post
"I cannot ignore tons of drawbacks which Hampa doesn't care about."

Please let me know so I can fix them.

I wish I gave feedback years ago when I actually had examples of simple mods that would crash for no particular reason that could be easily debugged, but I'll put it this way:

Consider making 'Toribash 2', fix all things that could break the game, and then release it. Sure, people may have to make new replays if you overhaul the system.. but in my opinion it would be worth it.

My 'most wanted' features would be:
>obj importing, with center mass at 0,0,0
>ability to mod more pieces to each player (yes, this has been suggested a thousand times but... is there no way to create data arrays that handle this? Again, this would be on a whole new potential system)
>combination of both these features.
>core system fixes for certain pieces that, if made too small, have exploding tendencies.

Not saying Toribash hasn't been epic up to this point at all though. I've enjoyed this game off and on for almost 5 years now.
/set gr 0 0 -30
Originally Posted by 8OJ4N View Post
Isn't one of them bot? I forgot which one...

No. They are in the servers for a legit reason, kind of weird. Don't feel like saying why because it's not my place to say. You can ask clow, he's pretty much watching the server same with viv, or sometimes they are just afk, depends on the timing, but they will mostly say it's a secret or no reason at all... Doesn't really matter, but no, both/one/none of them are bots To clarify that.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Happy Halloween!!!!!
[u]Ultimate | Team Shit-ido | National GayTerrorist Club |Photoshop Corp.
ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS---BootyShorts
R.I.P UNDEAD21, Beta, and Assazin
I guess nirs is right. With good management and good investitions, this game could've make a new cybersport discipline.
Much more exiting than this:

Today I see it as something like hampas hobby project.
Nirs wanted for this game a real development team and clear structure. No schoolboys, no lasiness, strict responsibility. Paid pr0 staff.
something like this:

All this changes in game that have been made for years, could be made in 1 week by pro dev team 5 years ago. IMHO

If it happened that it was my idea and progect, i would sought to make the game where creative gamers could make an unique character using modern 3d tecnologies by selecting the library or uploading their own. And then fight to be the best. And further improvements could be some kind of special manipulators for such game, or virtual presence in near future.

p/s: may be I have common with nirs minds cause we are both grumpy old farts. ^ ^
Last edited by nblx; Jun 3, 2013 at 09:28 AM.
Problem is: Toribash revenue isn't enough to have paid pro staff (that's kinda obvious by now). I would be even bold to say that TB staff is bunch of indie-programmers that gather in some basement every week and play their gig for few hours, just for fun.
It's far from pro staff.

So, it was a project with limited developing capabilities from the beginning. Maybe there was some point in time when it all could have advanced, maybe a period when TB earned enough to make some serious changes, but that chance was missed and Toribash stayed in the bubble of mediocrity.

I agree that game looks like good E-Sport product. If it was polished further to be more 'friendlier for the masses' with interface, tutorials, controls, optimizations and some eye-candy effects with more personal look, things would probably be different by now.

Looking for competent staff to develop a game on a forum of that game tells much about Toribash 'seriousness.'

It was naive assumption that TB will progress into something more than indie-game. And, being 'old farts' by now, we are not naive anymore. :]
So, I don't see how our 'bitterns' can help the current situation TB is in...
There's always kickstarter for funding. I think TB would do great on a kickstarter campaign personally. I agree with both of you guys though on the polish and potential.

Also think that saying hampa doesn't care about the game is a tad too harsh. I mean, with all the new beta's coming out recently I just think he has his own idea of what needs to be done, priorities and whatnot.
(>^_^)>