Toribash
Originally Posted by matarika View Post
what separates this game from ideas like Drunken Wrestlers, Sumo Tori, QWOP?

Because I feel like saying it's Toribash 2, seems a little misleading considering there is no turnbase feature, ghost or joint clicking, detailed creation of movements, the whole "full body" control idea, the models, etc etc you know some of the core components that make Toribash - Toribash.

None of that seems present here, and seems like a game with an entirely different end goal and play style. It's cool to see a new physics game, but i'm confused about the "Toribash 2" part.

Originally Posted by tabby View Post

was it not a valid question? i'm confused, I just wanted to know if the game would have any actual connection to the game toribash other than it just having ragdoll physics. I'm not hating, i'm just curious as to why it's Toribash 2 and not his own uniquely named project.
Last edited by matarika; 4 Days Ago at 06:17 AM.
Howdy, I'm Mod Squad & The Social Media Manager @ Nabi Studios , if you have any modding or social media questions PM me or DM me on Discord: Matarika#5297
what separates this game from ideas like Drunken Wrestlers, Sumo Tori, QWOP?

Because I feel like saying it's Toribash 2, seems a little misleading considering there is no turnbase feature, ghost or joint clicking, detailed creation of movements, the whole "full body" control idea, the models, etc etc you know some of the core components that make Toribash - Toribash.

None of that seems present here, and seems like a game with an entirely different end goal and play style. It's cool to see a new physics game, but i'm confused about the "Toribash 2" part.

the toribash 2 title was more of a joke, this is more of a hobby project than anything full-on serious, though I do want to make this a game rather than just a move-maker tool, I also want to make it open source when I have something more well developed atleast. atm I'm just calling it fighter 3d. The small demo I uploaded is somewhat usable, but like I said nothing too deeply developed.
The idea is to first make(or use pre made) movesets in a move maker I'm currently implementing and bind the moves to keys, and then when you're playing you perform the actions you created.
retired replaymaker | discord: victortb#9592
was it not a valid question? i'm confused, I just wanted to know if the game would have any actual connection to the game toribash other than it just having ragdoll physics. I'm not hating, i'm just curious as to why it's Toribash 2 and not his own uniquely named project.

oh my god why am i so sexy !?
glancing through the smog in my deadtime

im just gonna tell you straight up

it isnt a going to be sequel to toribash

hes just calling it toribash 2 for funsies

ta ta and good night
#1 tabby glazer
tonite is haloween >.<
no he is making official toribash 2 game. you're all so wrong its crazzyyy it's really toribash 2 look at the title of this threead people lol cringe cant even reead illiterateees
the fame monster
dancing with my dogs past my bedtime
Originally Posted by victortb View Post
the toribash 2 title was more of a joke, this is more of a hobby project than anything full-on serious, though I do want to make this a game rather than just a move-maker tool, I also want to make it open source when I have something more well developed atleast. atm I'm just calling it fighter 3d. The small demo I uploaded is somewhat usable, but like I said nothing too deeply developed.
The idea is to first make(or use pre made) movesets in a move maker I'm currently implementing and bind the moves to keys, and then when you're playing you perform the actions you created.

btw if you ever feel like the godot physics system is kinda lacking
u can use this extension it's free and it's a big improvement
https://godotengine.org/asset-library/asset/1918
Originally Posted by victortb View Post

i considered a game working like that years ago but with all my brainstorming i couldnt figure out a way to have the same... fidelity toribash gives you? whats ur approach to that? have one key be bound to multiple moves? like x for ur punch movememory ctrl+x or whatever and u do a backflip or some shit
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nomad Moderated Message:
Be more straightforward with your uplifting messages or I'll fucking skin you alive.