Toribash
Brimstone fuck yeah.

Knights aren't really that hard, just a pain to deal with. You can also damage them from the sides, gotta be accurate though ;o
a while ago I found a way to deal better damage from the sides but I forgot what I did, damn.
I find the mask-heart combinations a lot tougher, though.
Last edited by Tonakai; Apr 23, 2013 at 09:33 PM.
Can't really decide between the D6 or Sacred Heart.

D6 because you can change the items you get in the treasure rooms, shops, curse rooms and devil rooms, and therefore allows you to replace less usefull items (at least if you are lucky) with more usefull stuff. You can have quite overpowered runs with it .

Sacred Heart because it gives you homing shots and multiplies your damage. It sadly slows down your shots a bit, but it's still an awesome item. It's quite rare, since I've only had it like 3 times now and played already 83 hours.

Also, in my opinion, Gurgles are quite annoying with their explosive shots. I hardly kill them without getting hit at least once.
The mask/heart combination is also quite annoying except you have a item that allows you to fly and spectral tears, then you just have to fly above some rocks and they can't hit you while you can still hit them
Originally Posted by Lazors View Post
So, fav item? (Trying to start some kind of discussion i guess).

Most definitely anything that lets me fire explosive shots - so, Ipecac, Fetus in a Jar or Epic Fetus would be my favourites. Epic Fetus is probably the king there, as you can target any single place in the room with it regardless of where you're standing. Also makes any boss a cakewalk.

Ipecac < Fetus in a Jar < Epic Fetus in terms of ease of use. The arc from the Ipecac takes quite a bit of getting used to.
Here's a pic of one of my best runs - I was lucky enough to run into just about all the Super Meat Boy items. Although I really should've gone to the Cathedral instead of Sheol. I was at the point where you collect pieces of the polaroid.

Originally Posted by Tonakai View Post
Knights aren't really that hard, just a pain to deal with.
A while ago I found a way to deal better damage from the sides but I forgot what I did, damn.
I find the mask-heart combinations a lot tougher, though.

Knights are certainly a pain when they're in a group. However, there's a trick to them - they charge at you when they see you, and won't stop until they hit a wall. As such, simply get in their way, circle around their back while they're charging, and blast away.
There's other ways to hurt them from the front too. Bomb don't care which side is facing them, for one. Poison shots or bad gas items (random pills, the bean item) will poison and hurt them from the front. Any puddle creating items should hurt them when they walk over them. Companion flies and the cube of meat hurt them on contact too.

And oh god I hate those mask-hearts. They have a habit of mobbing me, charging, and then continuing to charge at me even when I get out of the way, or getting in the way of the hearts. I've rarely taken out a room with them without getting hurt if I don't have flight.
The mask boss is even worse, as it starts off with the heart thing and then turns into the equivalent of a really big, really fast knight.
Last edited by 4zb41; Apr 24, 2013 at 02:11 AM.
Just got Wrath of the Lamb. Christ, it's amazing.
I finally managed to beat Satan on my fifth attempt, i've killed him a few times before, but not on WotL.
Shame though, i wanted to see the Cathedral, but i didn't realize the spotlight brought you there, i thought it just ended your game.

Edit: 2:nd attempt. Got to the Cathedral, but died pretty quickly. Damn suicide worms :<

Edit2: Got to the Cathedral with Samus, and got pretty far. Didn't find the boss though.
Last edited by Lazors; Apr 27, 2013 at 09:44 AM.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
Just got Wrath of the Lamb. Christ, it's amazing.
I finally managed to beat Satan on my fifth attempt, i've killed him a few times before, but not on WotL.
Shame though, i wanted to see the Cathedral, but i didn't realize the spotlight brought you there, i thought it just ended your game.

Edit: 2:nd attempt. Got to the Cathedral, but died pretty quickly. Damn suicide worms :<

Edit2: Got to the Cathedral with Samus, and got pretty far. Didn't find the boss though.

There's something after Satan? FUUUUUUU-

...I had like full health and stuff after I killed him.

..Yeah, was my first Satan kill..
After beating Sheol once and/or (not sure which one) killed Mom's heart 10 times you can choose to either go to Sheol or Cathedral after killing Mom's heart.

There's also The Chest, had to have some item and then kill Mom's heart to get there. Probably after beating Cathedral first.

You can't go to Sheol, Cathedral and The Chest in one run, though.

also what the fuck full health I'm really bad at not taking damage

EDIT: wait, Samus? You mean Samson?
Last edited by Tonakai; Apr 28, 2013 at 12:33 AM.
After beating Sheol once and/or (not sure which one) killed Mom's heart 10 times you can choose to either go to Sheol or Cathedral after killing Mom's heart.

And I'd guess, seeing how I couldn't continue after beating Mom's heart moment ago. Stil need few kills to get that tenth. :P

Edit: Nevermind, checked the wiki, I was just lucky. :P
Last edited by Dargon; Apr 28, 2013 at 01:59 AM.

EDIT: wait, Samus? You mean Samson?

wat

Originally Posted by Skolfe View Post

wat

Beautiful, nice job :o

Cathedral/The Chest spoiler

Now trying to win all the challenges. Did 2,3 and 5 so far.
And yes i meant Samson :o
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore