Ranking
Originally Posted by Hush View Post
You didn't understand (or didn't read) on that section properly.

It will be generated the same as it was when you arrived, same creatures, planet, etc. All your discoveries will remain intact, but all the holes you made while mining won't.

Maybe you didn't understand or didn't read my post...

What I said was, "there's no chance of finding something left by another player". Once you leave the planet it is degenerated, there is no way for you to discover something made by another player like there is in similar games.

Originally Posted by Hush View Post
Another part of the $59 price tag is that the devs plan to continually update the game with free content, no paid DLC.

lol I don't think they will do that in the end, maybe time will tell but I don't like to pay for something that doesn't exist.
omg, they wont make another dlc's because they already have enough money.
and they already got tired from making a big game, like why do you think they would make another dlc?
Originally Posted by Moataz View Post
omg, they wont make another dlc's because they already have enough money.
and they already got tired from making a big game, like why do you think they would make another dlc?

I would be very surprised if they didn't, this kind of game almost always has dlc.

Especially with all the hype surrounding this game, if gameplay just isn't there (and from the gameplay footage they have released, it isn't) then it will quickly fail, if so they will release DLC (or call it "updates"...) to try and bring the game back and keep making money.

If a game has planned """updates""" before it is even released, that is generally not a good sign. It means they are releasing the product before it is ready, same thing that happened to Elite for example, then they had to scramble to catch up. But of course having "enough money" isn't a thing, so it's a paid update.
Originally Posted by wibblefox View Post
if gameplay just isn't there (and from the gameplay footage they have released, it isn't)

Are you sure you know what kind of game this is going to be? The gameplay is there, you just aren't a fan of it.
FIRED UP
lol that may be true but it's a kind of lazy thing to say.

I guess if you want to call it an easier-than-arcade space flight sim with animal naming features then sure, that's technically "gameplay".
Originally Posted by wibblefox View Post
I guess if you want to call it an easier-than-arcade space flight sim with animal naming features then sure, that's technically "gameplay".

You've simply proved my point that it just isn't the game for you

EDIT: Video out showing combat

Last edited by Hush; Jul 20, 2016 at 11:53 PM.
FIRED UP
Like I said, either they are doing a really bad job in the trailers or there is no real gameplay.

Look at that sad excuse for combat, this is going below what I would consider to be arcade. Combat is just a minigame or side feature for them, it's certainly not core gameplay.

After uncountable games doing "wow so much discovery of randomly generated world" I don't see how they can expect this to sell, it's an idea that's been used so much that it's quite trite now . Especially when their world is so homogeneous... A bazillion planets that are all pretty much the same, no one will explore them all. I'm guessing most players will explore a handful before "wow look a funny creature" gets old.
Last edited by wibblefox; Jul 21, 2016 at 07:38 AM.