Depends on the Gametype/Situatation
30 Votes / 30.93%
I can do it ALL
22 Votes / 22.68%
None, i totally suck
4 Votes / 4.12%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Battlefield: Im either flying a Helicopter (or Jet) or Sniping (unless its Operation metro)
CoD: Mostly just sneaking around in MW2 with all those sneaky perks and such
Im more of a ninja than a soldier
I have practiced all classes and I use them when needed.

I am one of those team players who actually helps the team.
I hate the people who like running around with a sniper rifle, makes the game unrealistic and not enjoyable.
Originally Posted by Vasori View Post
I hate the people who like running around with a sniper rifle, makes the game unrealistic and not enjoyable.

Hurr durr because getting shot at 50 times and then instant healing all bullet wounds is realistic. If we're gonna get into realism, getting shot with a 50 cal should tear the limbs off people, one shot to the chest or head should incapacitate anybody, while getting shot in the leg or arm will only cripple you. You never heal. If you're dead, you're dead until you buy another copy of the game, because there's clearly no second chance in real life with the same person, all players will suffer from PTSD after playing the game, need to invest thousands in professional therapy, and last but not least, spend 97% of all gameplay filing paperwork. Yup, realism is the best, hurr durr.

That argument is such an overused bs statement. It's a fucking game, realism went out the door when you started using a controller to control an avatar.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
ahaha oracle is an idiot. You're implying reality, not realism.
<&Fish>: did you just infract the toribot?
<&Fish>: you're fired
<JSnuffMARS> sounds like a drug-addiction or mastu(I'll censor that word)
<bishopONE>: also yeah fisting
<mwah> Gynx is it true you got admin over hero because hes from pakistan
Originally Posted by sid View Post
ahaha oracle is an idiot. You're implying reality, not realism.

Realism and reality are close enough together that I can imply reality as part of the argument. Since realism is the attempt to imitate reality, how far do you have to go in imitating reality to make it true realism?

I can pretty much guarantee that when he's saying running around with a sniper, he's talking about either the BF series, or the CoD series. Both are horrible examples of realism. In games like ARMA and Red Orchestra, running around with a sniper is almost certainly guaranteed to get you no kills, short of pushing the gun up to their head. And doing anything like that in either game will result in you getting horribly raped over and over again.

I have no problem with the realism argument in a game where it has a legitimate reason to claim trying to be realistic. However, "running around with a sniper" is an argument I hear time and time again in BF and CoD, and they are not realistic games in the least, particularly CoD.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
Originally Posted by OrAclE View Post
BF and CoD, and they are not realistic games in the least, particularly CoD.

Their reality is augmented.

/bad joke
Anyway, I agree, the games are not realistic. However this is more likely because reality isn't fun. (Or at least wouldn't be to those who play those sorts of games anyway.)
Although I would be interested in seeing a roguelike-shooter come out some day.
Last edited by 4zb41; Oct 8, 2011 at 04:25 AM.