Toribash
I play CoD4 using mostly M14, G3 and M40 on free-for-all or Hardcore Search and Destroy

I tend to think its either me not focusing properly or the other player(s) countering my tactics well.. So I switch tactics and sometimes weapons to adapt but never leave the game due to it unless its lagging a lot. Works pretty easily on FFA at least, if one person is concentrating on countering whatever it is you do and you prevent him from doing it, someone else will probably kill him and you will be free to continue your usual methods.

Same applies for other VS games for me really, except that the aggressor vs defender setup is more important in fighting games.

If I do worse in shmups then I presume I'm not concentrating well and slightly change tactics and maybe start listening to some music to concentrate better.

Gorman: the knife has a large hit area, are you sure it wasnt just lag? Or uh, were you using silenced G3 which still has bugged knife attacks.

Also, arent games where you fight other players always "hardcore" as you say. The further the players develop the harder it is for beginners to adapt, not the games fault.

Gubbin1: hey, I have.. then again mostly in UMS :d
Last edited by Zaarock; Oct 2, 2009 at 03:13 PM.
Well, im playing CS all the time, and the main reason why I have some good and some bad days is often because of me being tired, also it has something to do with how hyper I am. I never play bad after drinking alot of cola.

I just hate the game when I can't perform as good as useal, and if you loose once you will play more aggressive which will cause more loosing. When you are irritated it also often leaves to not thinking at all.