Toribash
Originally Posted by Kyure View Post
Hey have you ever noticed that in most games your CPU usage won't go above 25, or 50? Hm, I wonder why that is?

Oh right, because the games are single-threaded.

It doesn't normally go beyond there for the reason of running the rest of your software (such as the OS). You can take it beyond there but I'm sorry to say that reading this thread and your responses have made me cringe.

Why so ignorant to straight up facts?
I'm doing a lot of hardware related modules on my CS course at University; they touch upon hardware topics in Computer Systems.

Though I doubt I needed my Uni course to understand this, I could've quite easily just looked up online about how CPU's work and how games use processors. Google is your friend.

edit:

I should've probably said something more obvious, such as it depends on the GPU load, if your processors aren't going beyond 50% it's normally due to software limitations installed by the brand of your CPU or GPU. You can unlock this potential and make it go further so you can stress your CPU to near 100%. Though it'd only go that far if your GPU itself was being put onto max load itself. I think Pig explained it earlier by summarizing how CPUs work with background processes
Last edited by souldevilj; Oct 29, 2015 at 06:12 AM.