Endurance Onslaught 6.0
Full Japanesse? Sounds interesting, Sugoi..
Selling something? Need some toricredits? Click this quickly.
Main rival of ToriBot since 20&&
- made in Indonesia

The warrior guided by the spirit serves humanity, the warrior without, serves the ego.
Ooo isaac even knows some kanji huh?

How you type in Japanese anyway? Do you have some script? Or using google translate to transcribe from romaji?
Is that Kanji? Or Hiragana? Looks like Hiragana..
Selling something? Need some toricredits? Click this quickly.
Main rival of ToriBot since 20&&
- made in Indonesia

The warrior guided by the spirit serves humanity, the warrior without, serves the ego.
The sentence itself is a bit weird though, you wouldn't go to Toribash.

I'd say the most appropriate way to say it would be "Toribash wo yaru" - To do Toribash. Past tense would be "Toribash wo yatteta."

I also think toribashu is more appropriate than toribashi.
Originally Posted by ImmortalCow View Post
Ooo isaac even knows some kanji huh?

How you type in Japanese anyway? Do you have some script? Or using google translate to transcribe from romaji?

Yep, I've got a little over 200 in my anki decks at this point. Progress is slow as ever though. Along with the kanji I know being fairly random since I just pick words from <whatever> (VN, LN, Video games, chat, etc) Still don't know much grammar though.

To type in Japanese, you need to use an IME. Windows has one built in I think, or you can download and use google's. You'd probably want iBus if you use gnu/linux. IMEs are cool, they're all pretty much the same, type the Japanese sound, and it'll convert to kana. Once you have the reading for a kanji, push space, and a list shows up. Space bar until you get to the kanji you need. Katakana is usually in the list as well.

and you're Gorman, right?

Originally Posted by Lempika View Post
The sentence itself is a bit weird though, you wouldn't go to Toribash.

I'd say the most appropriate way to say it would be "Toribash wo yaru" - To do Toribash. Past tense would be "Toribash wo yatteta."

I also think toribashu is more appropriate than toribashi.

Ah yeah I meant the toribash forums I suppose. I still don't understand grammar much, so I tried my best. Thanks for the advice

Oh yeah. Have you guys checked out Pimsleur for Japanese? It seems to work really well, and will really help your pronunciation/accent. Pimsleur is a sorta audio thing for language learning. It's kind of expensive, but you could do what you gotta...
Last edited by isaac; Nov 21, 2012 at 07:09 AM.