Ranking
fyerbald. You can atleast try to keep your "nicknaming" consistent.

A tori is obviously much lighter than that of an actual human being, plus the force behind the joints is huge.
Back in my day...
Try jumping right now, IRL. You won't stay in the air more than a second.
I'd also like to point out that gravity and mass determines weight.
infamous
I thought gravity = 9.8.... and to find weight you take the mass and you times it by this number... no?
Last edited by Bodhisattva; Oct 10, 2009 at 04:11 AM.
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
Originally Posted by Warcry View Post
Try jumping right now, IRL. You won't stay in the air more than a second.
I'd also like to point out that gravity and mass determines weight.

What if your reading that post from a trampoline? O.o

Earths gravity is exactly 9.8226 So Hampa just rounded to 2 decimal points.
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth's_gravity
or, the toribash units are different from real life ones.

derp
^garblejfidlssja beflijfdsl baeufkh dsjlinuefjdsl
Well, Earth's Gravity is 9.8x Meters per second in Force. COnverted to the other scale is 30 someodd feet per second. I would guess that the force is made in Otherside and setting is for Metric, which would cause the floating. But take into account the frames... you could actually fly that far.
*puff-puff*
Originally Posted by Marcoyeh View Post
When you set your game settings in singleplayer, do you ever stop to think why the gravity for classic is exactly 9.82?

Because its fun. Im guessing, but I would bet they set it like that in the hopes that it would mimic the earths gravity, then after playing said "this a fu*cking blast" and went with it.
Organisation of Awesome: Member.
Toribash equivalent of Earth gravity would be around -48.
Try to "shovel" someone in real life, even if they are lighter than you, and see how it works out. That's how i tested at what point the gravity is more realistic.
I made a mod, borba2, in which i tried to simulate real life grappling where you don't toss someone by their wrist over your head. Gravity there is -45ish.
Toribash has problem handling collisions at that gravity though, so if there is a lot of contact between you and opponent it can lag....alot
Last edited by Odlov; Oct 10, 2009 at 09:23 AM.
Originally Posted by Odlov
Toribash has problem handling collisions at that gravity though, so if there is a lot of contact between you and opponent it can lag

2 ways to avoid it:
  • improve engine, think hampa won't do this
  • change joints to cubes impressive
My eyes seek reality...
Gravity is judged in metres per second second. Meaning that if the gravity was 4 metres per second second it would keep speeding up by 4 metres per second every second until it reached a terminal velocity, which in earths gravity is about 300-400 kmph. there is no exact set gravity, so that means that there will be no earth-like gravity in toribash.