Ranking
My thoughts are simple: if you punish a person for leaving, you might be doing it unfairly, since the reason might be plausible. If you don't, you're making another user upset because they lost their replay and their win.

A solution is hard to come up with, because it's a turn-based game. But still, I think the spec/quit = loss solution could be applied. Look at the turn-based strategy games all around. When you leave mid-game during a game of that kind, it counts as a loss, considering you're 1 on 1.

From my personal experience, I haven't had many people quitting on me, to be honest, but that's because I choose who I play with very carefully. You regular players might not have the same nitpicking habit as me.
one time i lost a match and the person who beat me kept on saying i prwnd u i prwnd u what a noob he is
if your pro at joust then join my clan called pro joust
I don't know wether anyone said this point, but if you leave/spec during your game you don't get a Qi. If you loose OR win you would get it. Many newcomers don't know that( and wonder why you suddenly get your next belt).
If someone leaves/specs evertime he would loose you should just go in another server and remember that he doesen't get his Qi :P
Originally Posted by SLAPPED View Post
And what happens if the game crashes? Then someone will be punished for something they could not foresee or control.

You don't want to wait for 5 minutes because of quitting/spectating, but on the other hand 5 minutes don't seem too long if your game just crashed.
Last edited by xDeideix; Jan 5, 2010 at 12:53 AM. Reason: Typo
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange æons, even death may die
Originally Posted by Alextaker View Post
one time i lost a match and the person who beat me kept on saying i prwnd u i prwnd u what a noob he is

And you care about those words why?He's just sucking up and trying to look cool for quiting to keep his "epix ego".

Also,why does it matter if they leave?You get a second shot at any mistakes you made in the previous round,they have to go back in the line.No qi was given,so what?That game isn't about constantly getting qi anyways.
Originally Posted by CharredLightning View Post
Also,why does it matter if they leave?

You made the most stylish online madman you've ever seen.
lolragequit

Anyway, it's simply unsportsmanlike to do so. If more people ragequit like that, it simply makes our community look shit.
Originally Posted by IceShadow View Post
If they leave during the match, don't play with them anymore. Simple as that.

If I'M Playing in a official server and I get quit on I spec and lose my turn becasue I don't want to play with him,I'm pretty pissed off because I just got spec'ed on by a guy(baby),because he was losing,I truly think that if someone specs in an official server,(during a match)a qi should be taken from him,that way he can't farm good?
I think its simple, this game is called "toribash!" not: "tori*/spec/quit"

Whenever i lose or break into a million pieces i dont leave, i try to see what ive done wrong and learn from it, sometimes with a facepalm in bitween. Its a fighting game, it should be a principle to hunt these buggers down and stigmatize those who run like whimpy little cowards :P, common we are talking about the soul of the game here, its part of the game when you lose, what is crushing your oponent all about if he can just step out without the humiliation of having to admit their defeat.

Its shamefull to see that a thing like tc's and thereby farming take out a true and beautifull concept of a game. Instead of just making it entertaining it had to make lots of money, now the soul is being devoured by the greed.

I cant make it any more dramatic

actually my only real serious points are:

its called "toribash!" not: "tori*/spec/guit"

As for the point that others made, that it cant be done because of the farming guys.
Thats just one way reasoning,because if you think about the people that fight 80% runners/quiters/speccers ( though there will not be many with that percentage ) they are the ones that are anti-farming, they put time in it and dont get anything back for it ( especially those with boosters, that maybe want to get rich with the game ) or is looking at it like that somehow a retarded perspective. ( i hate looking at a game like this ) but just as a counterpoint to the farming point. It makes it that much clearer that the people in control value a good running business more then a fullproof game.

Also i think william405's point in combination with DeeJayy741's idea would not be a bad solution at all, lose twice ( or whatever ) the ammount of qi you could have gained, and make sure that replays are still saveable.
"I dissaprove of what you say, but i will defend to the death your right to say it"