Toribash
Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
Correct, instead you'll be getting a better online service for $

How does charging for it make it a better service?

The only thing PS+ has going for it is that it's $10 cheaper per year than Live and you get to basically rent AAA games for as long as you want.

Microsoft truly impressed me, and I am a huge xbox fan... at least 360... But when I saw the things, and games coming out to it, and the new features... I was disgusted how shit it was. Project Spark was hilarious though. The guy trying to be all enthusiastic but had this monotone voice xD.

PS4 is definitely going to be the bigger hit. I am more of an xbox360 person then ps3, but ps4 is going to overrun the xbone... Gratz microsoft, making windows vista in a shitty console form.

Bill Gates: Cause YOLO
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Happy Halloween!!!!!
[u]Ultimate | Team Shit-ido | National GayTerrorist Club |Photoshop Corp.
ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS---BootyShorts
R.I.P UNDEAD21, Beta, and Assazin
Most people watched streams, I don't think it had a specific channel in most places
<&Fish>: did you just infract the toribot?
<&Fish>: you're fired
<JSnuffMARS> sounds like a drug-addiction or mastu(I'll censor that word)
<bishopONE>: also yeah fisting
<mwah> Gynx is it true you got admin over hero because hes from pakistan
I'm just going to throw in my two cents here. Sony's approach with the "sharing" video was a perfect move. Xbone...is going to more or likely fail. I don't know if this is true or not, but I was told Microsoft used fake clapping at the first reveal, which is not very good. The whole DRM this is utter crap and I truly hope it does not go that way.

One of the joys of being a gamer is being able to go to gamestop and spend $20 on 5 games, a lot of times not knowing what they are. An example is I just got Shadow of the colossus for around 5 bucks, and its one of the best games I have ever played.

Now for paying for Online service I have never really liked, but its true that you get better quality servers because you are paying for the servers. If PS4's online multiplayer was free it would be like how the PS3's is now.

I also have a question, if they do go DRM and say, your Xbone is totaled, then what? You call up microsoft, give in every piece of information possible so they can verify its you? I don't know at this point, I'm going to wait more.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by DaNooB23 View Post
So place the bet then (on both accounts).

It would be a horrible business move by MS to even hint at those policies again. Especially after Sony has announced that they are not following the same route.

Given the lack of ability to test the first i'm willing to bet 10,000 TC. My bet being that Microsoft will in the future prior to the release of the Xbox One release a lot of information about the exact policies on DRM. Sound good to you?

Originally Posted by RAWWRH View Post
I also have a question, if they do go DRM and say, your Xbone is totaled, then what? You call up microsoft, give in every piece of information possible so they can verify its you? I don't know at this point, I'm going to wait more.

The Licenses are going to be tied to your gamer tag, so if your xbox were to break then you could transfer the license onto your new console. It's what they currently do for XBLA titles and DLC it's a pretty good system, i used it when my house got robbed and i had to get a new 360.
Last edited by Madgecko11; Jun 13, 2013 at 03:05 PM.
Now with 100% less angst
Originally Posted by Madgecko11 View Post
The Licenses are going to be tied to your gamer tag, so if your xbox were to break then you could transfer the license onto your new console. It's what they currently do for XBLA titles and DLC it's a pretty good system, i used it when my house got robbed and i had to get a new 360.

This in itself is not a big deal. PC gaming has done this almost exclusively for years.

Removing the only advantage console has over PC? Not sure if good move.
Originally Posted by Demie View Post
How does charging for it make it a better service?

The only thing PS+ has going for it is that it's $10 cheaper per year than Live and you get to basically rent AAA games for as long as you want.

Do I really have to answer this? *sigh*

If you pay for it then the money spent goes into providing a better service. Live outclassed PSN by a large margin, that margin will soon be null.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
Do I really have to answer this? *sigh*

If you pay for it then the money spent goes into providing a better service. Live outclassed PSN by a large margin, that margin will soon be null.

Can you please post the source that states that money from the payed service will be used to improve it?

Thanks.