Toribash
Originally Posted by Zayex View Post
**[citation needed]

citation provided

Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
Use both.

Originally Posted by Hours View Post
Doesn't matter, both can look realistic in different places.

It is situational. Holding your joints can be very useful for stopping your momentum when moving in a direction that you don't want to. It often provides you with a stable position faster than when relaxed which can massively help you when trying to fling yourself back into the fight.
[02:19] <Dr_Strangelove> nearly 3 hours of nobody saying a word
[02:19] * Tamer0 is now known as TamerAfk
[02:19] <Dr_Strangelove> gg toribash
[02:19] <+hampa> gg
I would use a combination of both relax and hold so I can move more fluently in Toribash, relax helps me to get some of the body parts get in the crucial position like relaxing your right shoulder and extending your right pec to make the hand as a support on the ground and hen hold all the parts of the right arm so that the elbow won't bend and touch the ground.
AMR QASSEM
I am a noob (true story) and as a result, I use hold pretty much exclusively, I mainly play normal aikido. I'm in a bit of a tough situation on this front, as the forums doesn't allow move tuts, and the official (and most useful) toribash wiki is down, AND I'm useless at creating moves, I'll have to stick with hold all until I can glean an opener off someone (movesaver FTW), someone tells me a good relax opener, or the wiki comes back up and just happens to have aikido relax openers on there.

I am pretty much helpless if I'm given a mod (like wushu) that I don't play out of the blue, I can't improvise for s**t, and I'm left flailing helplessly, clicking my joints randomly, rather than the scroll wheel + x combo I normally use.

also, I found a nice relax running.tbm tut by syverennyi (closed on tutorials), which doesn't seem to work on any parkour mods (namely, the parkour_city modpack), I know its a bit off-topic, but does anyone know why? I noticed the 'flags' setting was different, but changing it did nothing. PM me with an answer to stop this thread veering away from relax/hold
'David will do what David does. Love it or ask for a refund' ~Korban3, Overgrowth Secret Preorder Forum
If you have time, I can help you with the issue of relax or hold the body parts that is if you want to get more familiar with Toribash.
AMR QASSEM
I'm GMT, and still in school, but the Christmas holidays start next week, unless the world ends on friday (21/12/12)
'David will do what David does. Love it or ask for a refund' ~Korban3, Overgrowth Secret Preorder Forum
I normally actually hold some joints and relax some, it really helps. ;p In aikido I relax for my opener and the second turn but then I put some hold in there.
Ninjutsu Club.
Ninjutsu Club Leader.

Retired, at least for now.
relax style ftw.
It just gets the movements way better, at least for me.
Especially in mods such as wushu.
It's All About Expansion
In wushu it really depends on how you are, like, the position you are in. Sometimes if you can get a good hit it is good to hold all then you just get that momentum..
Ninjutsu Club.
Ninjutsu Club Leader.

Retired, at least for now.
Originally Posted by PiePwn View Post
Both...

I like a mixture of both that way your flow is different and you can do alot more form the relax body but for defense hold is good.

Relax is better but it's good to have a mixture. (;

I normally actually hold some joints and relax some, it really helps. ;p In aikido I relax for my opener and the second turn but then I put some hold in there.

In wushu it really depends on how you are, like, the position you are in. Sometimes if you can get a good hit it is good to hold all then you just get that momentum..

We understood it in the first place, you don't have to repeat yourself 3 more times.