Toribash
View Poll Results: What mod(s) should we use for the tournament?
aikidobigdojo, greykido & rb_greykido
0 Votes / 0%
rouxkido
1 Votes / 100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Dynamic Gripping
study - dynamic grips: This shows two gripping tactics. The first is a grip transfer where I move my opponent's grip to my leg.
The second is that with this grip, I remain connected to the opponent with the benefit of keeping two extra hands, however there is a risk of my opponent letting go. After this transfer I roll back and pick both my opponents legs for DQ.

study - dynamic grips (2): After inverting I get top control of my opponent. Using dynamic grips I stay heavy on my opponent and I land a slick little armlock that I use to force DQ the elbow.

study - dynamic grips (3): In this replay I fight for control over my opponents center of gravity. After establishing a bodylock I forfeit my base to pressure my opponent down. Then I switch grabs and attack his base foot. While continuously keeping pressure I let go of the foot and post off the floor which DQs my opponent.
Attached Files
study - dynamic grips.rpl (74.3 KB, 11 views)
study - dynamic grips (2).rpl (80.5 KB, 4 views)
study - dynamic grips (3).rpl (74.0 KB, 5 views)
Leader of the Spyder House
Toribash Martial Artists
Duels Sector ●
"Do you explore the unknown or are you afraid of losing your throne?" I am Soon.
Originally Posted by TimmyboyG View Post
we arent doing the sector thing anymore

Ha

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."
single legs
Most of my single leg attacks are to counter a kick. see replay 1. they can be done with or with out a grab. see replay2. to make your single leg tighter you need to know how to turn into/away from your opponent. replay 3 i achieve the turn using pecs shoulders and torso mostly. if i have a left hand grab and i want to turn in to the left. i'll lower my left arm and contract the pec. if you have a right hand grab bend the right elbow and raise your arm while extending the pec. think kind of like the full throw mechanics.

defending a single leg. first priority is denie the grabs. i like to bend at the hips slightly and get an arm grab. then its just a game of keep aways. If the get to my leg it usually means i missed the grabbing arm completely or i've got an ineffective grab so i'll free up that hand to post or strike with. replay4/5
-----
to take the back i want an inside grab as close to the center line as posible while keeping my other arm back.the closer to the center line the more arm length i have to play around with. Against a shoveler the back take is my go to move.Replay 1. even if i don't take the back fully i can secure a my position with a grab and look to work towards a pin replay2 or throw replay3. liberal use of posting and grab switches will keep you opponent off balance. along with hooks to help stay heavy. replay 4
Attached Files
akido singlelegsgcxbcxvb.rpl (32.8 KB, 6 views)
aikido noleggarbesdfdscx.rpl (65.4 KB, 5 views)
akdio wrist controsfcxvxcv.rpl (60.1 KB, 4 views)
akidoprolol.rpl (65.7 KB, 3 views)
akido splitwsdfxcvxv.rpl (51.8 KB, 4 views)
akido no shovwrsxc cx .rpl (51.7 KB, 2 views)
akido wresssltedxv.rpl (76.7 KB, 3 views)
akido duckundersd.rpl (46.3 KB, 4 views)
akido backtakewrsdfxv.rpl (54.2 KB, 3 views)
Last edited by monkeyishi; Feb 2, 2016 at 03:23 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Wrestling Study: Singles
Most of my single leg takedowns use one high control point (should/pec/arm) and one low control point (hip,leg, shin). This allows me to twist my opponent effectively. After these grabs I twist in the direct my opponent is leaning.

Leans toward the grabbed leg.
Knee Tap: Contracting both pecs, I take out the leg and pull it in while I pull my opponent down and towards the grabbed leg.

Leans toward the high control point.
Overturn Single: Extended or relaxed pecs, I pull my opponent's torso away and down while lifting the leg up, in a circling motion.

After I catch an opponent's snap kick I'm usually to tall to attempt the above takedowns so I'll resort to simpler carry or slam.

Get underneath COG
Single Carry: After the kick catch I continuously get lower and lower to stay underneath my opponent's COG which allows me to continue the carry outside of the dojo.

Lift
Single Slam: This time I lift my opponent straight up and once they peak I try to bring them down hard and fast making it difficult to catch themselves.
Attached Files
wrestling - knee tap.rpl (38.5 KB, 3 views)
Last edited by footlox; Feb 3, 2016 at 07:26 PM.
Leader of the Spyder House
Toribash Martial Artists
aquita those are some nice techniques! i am planning on joining wrestling for my school soon and are familiar with some of these. will try these out soon!
(╭ರᴥ•́)