Ranking
@galaxy

so i don't like how you did similar twisty openers to launch landing position things (if you understand what that means) and on foreign legacy up until the first kick was kinda generic though everything after that was pretty sweet. you definitely know how to move and stuff so its just a matter of making something that really sparkles, you know? also i feel like i've seen those replays before, not trying to say you stole them they just look familiar

oh yeah and the manipulation replay was really good for a manipulation replay.

i'd say no but like a really soft no, a no that says hey champ you could probably get in here next time if you belieeeeve
Last edited by Nearly; Jan 27, 2015 at 04:25 AM.
I feel like I have improved from the first time I posted here, like, alot.
Attached Files
Ok then.rpl (183.2 KB, 46 views)
dun.rpl (181.1 KB, 32 views)
wow.rpl (193.9 KB, 32 views)
h
sorry for taking so long

victor: Orc Sense was pretty good until your had to get close to uke's torso. the transition before the jump looked a bit sluggish. your left foot touching the ground at 875 looked out of place. i see you used it to help get into that launch position, but it looks more like you are struggling with getting to the position.
the torso hits didn't look as great as the other hits. i enjoyed the pec grab honestly but that head grab was placed in a weird spot, and the position you had for the kick was really awkward. the skeet was a bit pointless imo

Sound of a Bard was floaty, and i think weaker than the first replay. the chest boom was a bit uninteresting. you also had to do a slow, floaty transition to the spin before lifting uke's leg. the lift was actually really nice.
your whole body looked too stiff during the glute kick. i think hits are too stiff when you can see the force of the kick move tori's whole body a bit as if it was one solid piece, and you can see that this kick made your body do a little hop and lean forward suddenly.
not a fan of the head bruise. the idea of kicking the knee joint after that build up is really cool though. the grab was ok, but i would definitely not try to do 2 hits with it from that position. you had to rotate your chest back and forth just to get those two kicks (and the dms were not worth it, imo). strong pose though.

Unbalanced: pretty strong parkour replay overall, probably my favourite of the three. i really liked how you hopped on the three things at 2500ish. there were a few times where it seems you had trouble landing because you were moving too fast, like in the staircase at the end, but those are not very big problems. very nice replay.

the first two were not amazing. the second replay, the floaty one, made believe that you are way more comfortable in -30 than in -9.82. your movement and style is practically adapted to -30, with balanced positions and very controled movement. however, in -9.82, that controled movement comes off as a bit slow and stiff. it is very easy to fly away in default gravity, so the usual strategy is to stay close to the ground. stiff movement is fine, but it does not go very well with floaty movement, which was the case in the second replay. the movement in orc sense, which was a higher gravity, is way better and more enjoyable. the problems in that replay are mostly the fact that you had to launch yourself to uke's torso to destroy it, and it did not look excellent. some of the hits were a bit weird too. it seems like you really wanted the last kick to be a boom, so you had to put yourself in a really strange position to do it. i really do like explosive hits and lots of dms, but sacrificing a good looking kick for more dms is not something i would support. my answer is no for now, but you're definitely getting there. your style is very effective in -30, just try to move more freely and then you can think about making big hits. right now it looks like you just move your tori with the goal of getting a good position for a great hit, when in reality you should just move your tori so that he looks elegant/fast/whatever you wish.

duck: ok then: wasn't honestly expecting much from the replay after watching the opener. but that core punch is great. the decap is fabulous, love how you use the first leg to pull his torso. great replay.

dun: another minimalistic but awesome replay. flashy as hell, love the decap kick.

wow: the manip here is really strange. on one hand it flows really well. on the other hand, the position at 212 is really unorthodox, and the arm ghosting through the leg actually bothered me.
the crotch boom isn't real. there is no way you would get a boom that easily with that little space to extend the knee.
the fact that you had to grab to get the decap bothered me a bit too. the whole replay so far had this mood of elegance and dismissal of the grab function, but you had to use it for that simple hit, which kinda killed the mood of the replay a bit.

the first two replays are great, even if pretty similar. the third replay bothers me, specifically that grab and the boom that is obviously bruise glitched or hacked. if you're going to change it for a new replay in your next app, i suggest you change it for a replay that isn't similar to the first two. they are very nice splitcaps, but still short and simplistic replays. in a short replay, it is easier to make less mistakes, so it is harder for us to judge how good you actually are. no for now, but still a good app.
Last edited by pusga; Feb 27, 2015 at 07:30 PM.
oh yeah