Toribash
View Poll Results: Should we add ranks to the user list?
Yes
20 Votes / 100.00%
No
0 Votes / 0%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

My biggest obstacle in progress right now is my internet

my ping will be under 10, 0% choke, 0% loss, and yet I still get strange delays in shots and kills, and it feels like my hit reg is broken (almost like I'm playing with a 1 second delay)

I've tried a whole lot of things, but apparently no one else is having the same issue I have, so it remains unfixed

That, and the duo queue supreme and LEM that just intentionally lost our comp match who bought P90s and no armor every round
FIRED UP
I really don't get this game, I go into a competitive match because in casual I don't win a shit of XP (rank 3), and the enemy team consists of people 25 ranks higher than me. I'm expected to win 10 matches to display my skill group, but how the fuck am I supposed to win if I move an inch away from a wall and I get headshot by a dude in a corner?

Parkour • Spar • Skating
Originally Posted by JuaniXk View Post
I really don't get this game, I go into a competitive match because in casual I don't win a shit of XP (rank 3), and the enemy team consists of people 25 ranks higher than me. I'm expected to win 10 matches to display my skill group, but how the fuck am I supposed to win if I move an inch away from a wall and I get headshot by a dude in a corner?

1. Gamesense, you'll know about how much time it takes to get from one place to another so you can make a guess on where someone is. This also tells you if someone was spotted B or w/e and he's the last guy you know he isn't A so if you're mid you can have time to run up cat or w/e.

2. Check your corners, sometimes even prefire some common spots

The rank of your profile, does not say anything about your CSGO Competitive Rank. The game will match you up with say Master Guardians, if they completely fuck you up they might test you against like Nova 3s, or Nova Masters. If they fuck you up, they will go lower to like Nova 2. It keeps going and going until you get wins at a certain rank. Then after 10 wins, and what ranks you won against it judges your rank based on your matches.

If you get placed too high of your actual rank (what you should be ranked at) because you were carried, if you solo q more you will eventually derank.

Comp is completely different than casual, and dm since it's only 5v5, you have to buy armor, kits, etc... Just don't question the matchmaking trying to get your rank, it's just testing to see what ranked players you can handle.

I'd play with you on my new account, but right now it has competitive cooldown because I won my 2 games.
Last edited by DruggedPanda; Dec 2, 2015 at 03:15 AM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[SmallBowl] [fallu] [Moop] [Parrot] [SkulFuk] [Icky] [Sassy]
[Ex-MSquad]
Need help with any market related questions? Feel free to PM ME. <Powas> I've got a degree in 1001 techniques of masturbation

They're going to put you up against tough people at first, if you can't beat them or compete they will bump you down a few skill levels and pit you against people there. If you still can't compete they'll bump you down even more, until eventually you can compete with the people you are facing, at least, this is my interpretation of the starting system. I have no way of knowing though, as Valve has never released the specifics of how the ranking system works.
I see now, thanks guys! I'll keep playing even if I'm bad until I get the 7 wins, I hope I don't have to struggle too much.

Parkour • Spar • Skating

You'll keep losing until you start winning, then when you manage to get enough wins you'll be in a skill group that you win and lose about equal to
FIRED UP
Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
How on earth do you hit 90? I barely get around to moving my mouse before the next one pops up

1,500 hours of da flick a da wrist.
[20:07] <@SpartaCraft> This is the sexiest potato I've ever made.
I tried to play CS on a low sensitivity, almost knocked down my PS4, too much space needed..
"People, like to invent monsters and monstrosities. Then they seem less monstrous themselves."
I see now, thanks guys! I'll keep playing even if I'm bad until I get the 7 wins, I hope I don't have to struggle too much.

Try watching some of Voo's videos on specific aspects of the game that you'd like to get better at. He covers everything clearly and in-depth. https://www.youtube.com/user/downsideCSS/videos

(The reason I'm not mentioning WarOwl is because Voo's videos are a bit more specific and don't really have the aspect of redundancy. Whereas some of WarOwl's videos often cover multiple things at once, and it can get confusing for a new player.)
[20:07] <@SpartaCraft> This is the sexiest potato I've ever made.