Toribash
View Poll Results: What mod(s) should we use for the tournament?
aikidobigdojo, greykido & rb_greykido
0 Votes / 0%
rouxkido
1 Votes / 100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Originally Posted by Aquita View Post
Soooo bringing this thread back to life i've been making progress in my footsweep game lately just wanted to show.
I think a great way to use footsweep is when attempting half throws and you just throw your sweeping leg out to catch your opponent's feet.
I think its important to emphasize youre not kicking at your opponent's feet you just want to make and hold contact so that youre at least blocking their feet and even better to actually sweep the feet into the air all while pulling your opponent to the ground.

Really nice replays Aquita.

Also: Take a look at this other video with the same basic moves of your video. The producer of this video (which is from a DVD) is world reference.

This one for more details
Last edited by iver; Oct 17, 2015 at 07:58 PM.
I just checked it out and got my first succesfull armbar that I'll be posting in the replay thread.

i am a bird now - Lil B

Moonsick, Granby. Accepted. Granby pm me I want you to teach me how to stroke effectively you do it with such grace

TimmyboyG Moderated Message:
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[4:37 PM] ponf: y'all might think i'm not wild enough to send dick pics over toribash
[4:37 PM] ponf: you'd be wrong
uwu i wuv you uwu
Sup Team Aikido,
My name is Rodericko from the Philippines my in-game name is Sc1ence01. I do not consider myself as a pro but I am proud that I could beat 2nd dans and even custom belters. Aikido was my first favorite mod and until now I love aikido. For me, aikido is the most fun and the most competitive game mode in toribash. I love the classic Aikido cause its really challenging.

I accidentally deleted all of my aikido replays and only self-spars were left. Also Idk how to post replays cause im new to the toribash community, I've been playing this game for 4 or 5 months, I first discovered and learned marketing last last week and I started to enjoy the community 3 days ago. I apologize IF I am grammatically incorrect. My GMT is +8 and im online every weekends and holidays from 9:00am-6:00pm. Thank you and more power
-Sc1ence01
Hello TA

I am lamby816 from the [WAPOW] clan, my real name is Liam and I come from England in the UK. I am currently at college studying a lvl 3 extended diploma in engineering I am 16 year's old.

My main mod in TB isn't the aikido base mods but I still play them a lot because of the tactical side of the aikido base mod and with the throws and suplex's that can be done in the aikido mods. I have also played with some of the people in TA and a reason why I would like to join TA is because of your community is friendly and are willing to help people learn another reason why I would like to join is so I can learn how to do throws effectively and make the look nice at the same time.

Thank you for your time.
from lamby816

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Replays
Attached Files
13555.rpl (40.9 KB, 1 views)
13554.rpl (44.0 KB, 1 views)
13503.rpl (46.6 KB, 1 views)
13502.rpl (38.7 KB, 1 views)
13501.rpl (44.0 KB, 1 views)
Originally Posted by iver View Post
Really nice replays Aquita.

Also: Take a look at this other video with the same basic moves of your video. The producer of this video (which is from a DVD) is world reference.

Yeah i think i've watched a couple videos from that producer before. I also really like that guy from Australia he's good.

As far as real real ashi-waza (footsweeps) techniques go i've been most successful with:
Sasae Ashi
Hiza guruma
ouchi gari

I've also landed these but more by chance:
Kouchi gari
osoto gari

And as far as hip throws go i've landed so many different variations i stopped keeping track as you noticed i label all my replays as just hip throw.

I really want to start a tutorial for hip throws so that we can give new [TA] initiates something to do. What i like is that all hip throws follow a formula so to speak but with a couple different variables which depend on the situation. What i like even better is that you can get great at this formula just by drilling against a scripted or non-scripted uke. Once you memorize the formula you then test yourself in live multiplayer.
Last edited by footlox; Oct 20, 2015 at 06:04 PM.
Leader of the Spyder House
Toribash Martial Artists