Ranking
Well, I've been ignoring the nova these last matches, the extra time from frostbite is kind of useful most of the time.
WEEWEREWQWQQQ
I make it a roaming maiden, and the aura is really needed from low levels.
About the items, yeah, constant warding, get cour and upgrade it, smokes, and dust.
Getting an eul is kind of demanding (better than a blink dagger imo) since it gives you enough movespeed to be decent at chasing.
And I tend to ignore the bracers and get the treads, it gives you strenght and it's cheaper. Also the regen of the tranquil won't happen since you're constantly trying to deny stuff/pull/harass.
If I happen to kill some people and get money for something else than support-ish stuff, I make bkb OR ghost scepter, depending on the enemies.

At least that's how I'm playing her.
IMO tranquils are AMAZING for roamers, the regen is ridiculous. For a spell caster you don't even care too much about attacking, so even in fights you can heal up.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
I now realise my build for Windranger was totally obsolete.
I used her ulti + lifesteal to get health but lately I've been buying Vlad's and wondering why I died so fast. What a noobie mistake hahaha
Fr3styL . Improving by Improvising
I'm an artist.
lifesteal is mediocre on her anyway, the evasion from windrun should make up for her low HP.
if youre going for a more DPS orientated build, a fast orchid/mealstrom/mjolnir is way more effective.

vlads is generally nice though for the team, even if you are ranged, the damage and armour gain is always relative.

Originally Posted by Tinerr View Post
Well, I've been ignoring the nova these last matches, the extra time from frostbite is kind of useful most of the time.
WEEWEREWQWQQQ

ice hold isnt a hard lock down though, a hero with blink or decent spells can still cast while being held.
nova atleast lets you contribute to the fight after you hold and i find the slow adds so much more than an extra second or 2 of soft disable.
ice hold is a setup spell, you'd be using it on squishy supports mostly anyway, who wouldnt survive past the level 1 time anyway.

Getting an eul is kind of demanding (better than a blink dagger imo) since it gives you enough movespeed to be decent at chasing.

euls is overrated, its a lockdown that you cant do damage while its in effect, just gives heroes with blink/blink daggers time to escape.
its nice if you want to keep someone out of a teamfight, but really, not essential. the bonus MS from tranquils is a much cheaper alternative to help with the chasing.
and regen isnt an issue with CM, her mana pool is, her ults mana cost is ridiculous, and euls doesnt give you very much.

And I tend to ignore the bracers and get the treads, it gives you strenght and it's cheaper. Also the regen of the tranquil won't happen since you're constantly trying to deny stuff/pull/harass.

10hp/sec is super OP, regardless of how much pulling and harassing you are doing.
treads give the lowest movement speed bonus, and on a hero who has the lowest MS in the game, and gains the least from the attack speed bonus, its just not viable.

Had some friends round at me last night, dota lan time, had a couple of good ranked games.
http://dotabuff.com/matches/444143602 (one sided games are just not fun, "sit top and farm" they said, "it will be fun" they said, didnt even get to use my items, 14 minute linkens into a 25 minute "gg")
http://dotabuff.com/matches/444390957 (casual support veno, 11 kills, 30 assists, involved in 41 of the 46 kills during the game, no probems)
Last edited by BenDover; Dec 29, 2013 at 04:13 PM.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Originally Posted by BenDover View Post
lice hold isnt a hard lock down though, a hero with blink or decent spells can still cast while being held.

It does lock down for 3 seconds at lvl 4, and it /does/ stop blink.

For roaming CM I don't think it's that amazing, but for a laning CM I think it's pretty legit. But I think going WQEEE is the best start, it is insanely helpful to the rest of your team, and lets you harass way more than you would be able to otherwise.
Originally Posted by ImmortalPig View Post
It does lock down for 3 seconds at lvl 4, and it /does/ stop blink.

blink dagger, yes, the damage tick puts the dagger on cooldown.
but doesnt stop the blink on an AM or QOP
same with magnus skewer, clockwork hook, forcestaff, puck orb etc.
they stay frozen after blinking/whatever away, but having your frozen target blink away from you into bushes is annoying as shit.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Originally Posted by BenDover View Post
blink dagger, yes, the damage tick puts the dagger on cooldown.
but doesnt stop the blink on an AM or QOP
same with magnus skewer, clockwork hook, forcestaff, puck orb etc.
they stay frozen after blinking/whatever away, but having your frozen target blink away from you into bushes is annoying as shit.

No, all blink abilities are blocked. Give it a try yourself.

From a WC3 perspective qop, am and blink dagger blinks are built on the same ability, and it would be practically impossible to allow qop and am to work but block blink dagger. All other movement spells (skewer, hook, forcestaff, leap, orb, etc) are all scripted and so are not recognized as movement spells.
If your team has a Juggernaut and you don't know what to pick, get Naix. Jesus christ, if you ulti into juggernaut, and then ulti out during his omnislash in a teamfight, everything there dies. Instantly. And if it's not dead, then 4 people at 200 hp ain't gonna do much shit against a full hp naix and jugger.

It sounds good on paper but god damn it's much better if you do it yourself.
That if you don't have a bkb alchemist/ursa ready to fuck you.

D:

Also, I know it may not be useful at a competitive scale, but getting an orb of venom on the venomancer at lvl 1, + maxing his passive is really fun.
It's a matter of time to see your enemies run out of tangos.

EDIT:
Manta axe new meta (?)

Last edited by Tinerr; Jan 1, 2014 at 05:44 AM.