Toribash
Esquive 2: I don't see the point of the long opener. To be honest, I don't see the point of the opener at all, since you stood up again after doing it. You could have started doing something similar from the default position.

After the opener, you did a little hop to get in a better position. Your movement looked strange in multiple places. You seemed to move only two or three joints while getting your left leg behind you. It is possible to make that look good, but unfortunately you had a lot of relaxed joints, which means that sudden movements will make your whole body tremble like jelly. Example: Exactly on frame 701, your knee moves out of nowhere, and the movement seems twitchy. When I need to extend my knee without moving the other joints, I usually extend it for one frame, and then relax it for the rest of the frames. It often moves smoothly and slowly to the extended position, without making it seem sudden.

Another consequence of having a lot of joints relaxed can be seen at 685. You raise your left shoulder, which is not a problem. The problem occurs when you place your left leg on the ground. You push the ground with your leg, and since a lot of your torso joints are relaxed (either that or your lumbar is bent to the left), the laws of jelly apply. Your torso goes all wiggly woo. That could be fixed by holding a bunch of the torso joints, and by trying to not place your left leg on the ground with so much power.

At 675-ish, your contract your right pec to swing your arm. Your elbow is relaxed though. That makes the elbow extend in a forceful manner. It would look a bit more controlled if you held it.

When you are twisting your body (frame 660-620) your right shoulder goes from raised -> lowered -> raised, and your left shoulder goes from lowered -> raised -> lowered. This is exactly what one would do in real life when they are about to fall, which is why it looks like your tori is about to lose balance and keep himself from falling

You then do a nice kick in the air, but I think that left elbow contracts a bit too soon. You placed your left hand on the ground for a short amount of time, making it seem that you did not need to use your arms in the first place. You can either have the hand on the ground for a bit longer, or not have it on the ground at all.

This is quite a strange position to do a backflip/handspring/whatever from. I see that this is hard to fix, but maybe you could try getting the glutes more contracted to setup the flip, or try a new trick entirely.

It seems like your lowered your shoulder in midair until frame 508. I assume that you did this to try and stabilize your body, because it was leaning a bit too much to the left. I think this is a consequence of how extended the glutes were when you launched yourself backwards for the flip. You should try to land both hands on the ground at the same time during a handspring.

You then do a pretty nice landing and stay in that pose.

ps: I have nothing against relaxed tricking but doing stuff like that with a relaxed style can be difficult if you have trouble trying to make the movement smooth. You can take a look at Oblivion's replays, he uses relax in his tricks more often than the average tricker, and he uses it very very well.

Insertion 2: You do a nice relaxed extended glute opener, which I have nothing against. The only nitpick I have is how you extend the neck slightly after the replay starts. I am usually not one to complain about whatever the neck is doing, but I am going to assume that you care about it
The left knee extention at 877, althought just a tap, was a bit unorthodox.

You go for a nice, clean split punch to the chest. I am slightly disturbed by the sudden elbow contraction right after the dm, but I understand that you had to do it to get the next punch in. The second punch is pretty nice aswell, although I would have appreciated it more if you had dismembered the neck aswell, knowing that the neck is going to stay intact for the whole replay.

You let yourself fall to the ground, a pretty nice way to get in a good position to gain momentum. You get a 2 dm knee hit, which I would have really liked, had you not extended the knee. Knee hits are pretty unusual, and I am personally a fan of it. I liked seeing it. However, when I saw that you extended the knee aswell, I realised you were trying to kick it the whole time, not "knee" it. You could have either edited the replay for a bit longer and tried to get the foot to hit the glutes instead of the knee, or you could have just kept the knee contracted. The fact that you extended the knee after a knee hit makes it seem like you did not do it on purpose, and that it was not your intention in the first place.

The helicopter is pretty badass though. I love helicopters. Nice pose aswell.

Le cadavre exquis: Back to back engage distance, a nice approach. It is nice for the recruiters aswell because they get to see a wide variety of stuff in your replays.
Your movement looks a lot more controlled overall in this replay, I suggest you look at how you moved in this and take notes for future reference.

I have a problem with the pose though. You should always try to never "repose". You fell into a nice pose, but then you had to move again because the pose wasn't stable enough. This is what the E key was made for, because the initial pose you had came from an awesome and hectic transition. I would try as hard as possible to make that first pose stable and go with it. Also, try to not hold all in your poses, makes you look like a statue.

This is a very nice replay. The execution is pretty great, but it has one big universal flaw: it is too simple to be put in an application. It showcases specific and few skills that you may have used to make the replay. The spin to the decap was nice, but it was very simple. The decap was the only dm in the replay, so I could not draw many conclusions about your ukebashing skills from this replay alone. The execution, like I said, is great, but that is simply because you had very little to execute. Good execution almost never compensates an idea that is too simple/bad.

I am not a recruiter. This is criticism for the sake of helping. I will not "no" or "yes" you, because that is not my job. Although I can tell you that you still have things to improve.
Last edited by pusga; Sep 17, 2014 at 02:35 PM. Reason: i a word
oh yeah