Endurance Onslaught 6.0
View Poll Results: Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit.
A
0 Votes / 0%
B
0 Votes / 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

As I've seen many times, people tend to ignore the new application form, and instead copy from a previous applicant. The reason why I do not want to provide any example applications, is because the form is written to ensure that the applicant has adequate reading comprehension skills, as well as being able to solve basic problems. While the Hall of Broken Glass is easily accessible, there are very few people that would take the time to familiarize themselves with the clan by lurking on our forums before applying. (Anyone that does this deserves to have an "unfair" advantage, in my opinion.)

In an alternate universe, I did not return from my absence since late March.

=== Basic information

--- Your Skype account (which will be added to the clan Skype group): sorr0w107

--- List your alternate accounts: Too many to list here. My current account was previously named "de4th".

--- List your previous clan(s): Numerous unofficial clans, and one official clan. I was in RIP and (the first) Alliance, where I met most of the members here. I had also been in Evil, though I left, as I had been inactive for quite some time.

--- Your in-game/forum/Skype activity (specific hours in a day), and your time zone: My in-game activity is limited. I am usually lurking the forums, and I rarely post outside of clan threads. I am almost always available on Skype, and unless I've given notice, am able to reply to any matters of urgency within 12 hours of receiving the message. My time zone is UTC-05:00 (or UTC-04:00, after DST correction).

Questions
Provide all answers beside the greater-than symbol provided.

=== I. Rationale
Answer as completely as possible, in a paragraph for each:

--- Who are you?
>I am myself; an individual of no particular significance. I presume that this question is meant to prompt the applicant to express how they'd wish to be perceived. I have no such false identity to force upon you; I would prefer to be judged by my behaviour and actions, rather than by my own delusions of whom I ought to be.

--- Why do you want to join this particular clan, as opposed to another clan?
>I had taken an interest in Alliance, the previous incarnation of this clan, from the interactions that I had with the members in-game. After skimming through the clan thread, I saw that while the discussion was fueled by a veritable force of chaos, the members, as a whole, were reasonable people. Unfortunately, after joining Alliance, I had personal matters to attend to. I returned to Toribash, to find that Alliance had become Oblivion, and was made official. I want to join this clan, over all other possible choices, because no other clan has held my interest.

--- How might you contribute to Oblivion, and, in addition, how might the clan be beneficial to you?
>Admittedly, I have little to contribute, as the clan appears to be well-managed. I, however, would benefit from Oblivion, as I rarely participate in online communities. From what I've gathered, extended periods of isolation can have a negative effect on one's psyche. I am attempting to address this issue.

--- What experiences have you had with the game and/or the Toribash forum community?
>I have had limited experience with the forums. Since February of 2009, I've played Toribash infrequently, focusing mainly on Twinsword, and Wushu (the former is my most proficient mod, while the latter is more of an unsuccessful experiment).

=== II. Temperament
Answer as you see fit:

--- Which two Magic: The Gathering colours best describe your personality? You can either take this quiz, or give your own answer.
>Blue and Black. I strongly value rationality and individually, above all other traits. I am particularly disapproving of oppressive individuals who claim to be morally superior, as well as those that allow their instincts/emotions to overwhelm their capability for reasoning.

--- What is the meaning and/or purpose of life?
>The goal of an individual organism is to survive, reproduce, and, I suppose, seek pleasure, at the expense of all others, save for their pair-bonded partner, their offspring, and others within their immediate circle of concern (for most humans: family and close friends). Concern for others is not always applicable.

--- If you were in a room with your closest friend and favourite family member, and the only way out is for one of you to die, who would you kill? You, your friend, or your family member? If you do not make a decision, you will all die due to asphyxiation.
>I am not able to provide an adequate answer, as I have no close connections with friends or any member of my family.

--- What is "love"?
>A result of natural selection; an instinctual, strong feeling of attachment and affection towards:
1. a (potential) sexual partner
2. an individual which is biologically related to oneself
3. an individual with which one has developed a non-sexual emotional connection
Any or all of the above may overlap, if they would to apply to the same individual.

Alternatively, it may describe general compassion towards an animate object, or a preference for certain inanimate objects.

--- Are you prepared and willing to have eggs implanted into your sternum?
>Probably not, as I have not planned for such an event.

=== III. Aptitude

--- Attach your best replay(s). Both single-player and multiplayer replays are acceptable.

--- You may include art or any other works that you've made, be they Toribash-related or not.
>You've seen the scope of my artistic (non)ability.

=== IV. Perception
Answer to the best of your ability:

--- Describe, and/or name each group of colours shown:
i.
>The tertiary colours of the RGB/CMY colour system. Clockwise, from the top-left: orange, chartreuse, spring green, azure, violet, rose.
ii.
>The tertiary colours of the RYB colour system. Clockwise, from the top-left: vermillion, amber, chartreuse, viridian, violet, magenta.

--- Provide the hexadecimal colour code for this font colour >As visible from the quoted post, it is #E6E6E6.

=== V. Anything else you want to say?
>No.
Last edited by Wight; Sep 5, 2013 at 08:15 PM.
I've not a clue about Yu-Gi-Oh... How does play again?
You’ve been taught all your life that truth is easy to hide. You'll face your judgment another day and suffer eternally.
The slaps have got to do the trick.

And while you attempt to join Secret, we hold theSecret (hehe) in our own midsts. Was he not the creator, of this such clan, you claim to be of greatness?

Do you lurv aikido more than you lurv ABD? I find aikido to be too quick, a one time party trick. I have a replay of me crushing you in Aikido or ABD, where a slammed my arm into your defenseless backside and broke 3 of your limbs, where you collapsed onto the floor besides my feet, while I stood tall and proud.
Dyrisk: Do sluts call their private parts..Public parts?
Zandėr: No, they call it "Business Assets"
Should I take out one of my decks, and collect online every identical card to form the exact same virtual deck of what I own?

Or would I be brutally murdered because my deck sucks
Originally Posted by igzoz View Post
Hey guys, remember me?

Yeah I remember you ^_^ welcome back zoz.
"You're not welcome in Gamindustri."
He couldn't... Idk, find a hobby? Move out of town, start fresh, build a family of chaos and destruction and evil? Have a fling with a succubus?
The gong has been struck, and school is starting. I believe that to be a sufficient explanation.
^That's a highly kosher way of doing it.
You’ve been taught all your life that truth is easy to hide. You'll face your judgment another day and suffer eternally.
Take up golf or lawn bowls?
Originally Posted by Vradomor View Post
Or would I be brutally murdered because my deck sucks

Yes.

Basic game mechanics:
1. No mana.

2. Only monsters can be placed into horizontal position. Upright designates Attack Position, while rotating it by 90-degrees designates Defense Position.

3. Once, during your turn, you can cast 1 creature spell (monster) from your hand. This is known as a Normal Summon, if it is face-up, or a Set, if it is face-down. A Normal Summoned monster is always placed into Attack Position, while a Set monster is always placed into Defense Position. There is no restriction, however, on the number of Special Summons per turn.

4. Spell cards (green border) are akin to Sorceries, Instants, Artifacts, and Enchantments. Only Quick-Play Spell cards (with a lightning bolt symbol) can be activated at any time, including during an opponent's turn. Normal Spell cards (no symbol) are sent to the Graveyard after an effect resolves. Continuous Spell cards (infinity symbol) remain on the field, and are continuously applying their effects until they leave the field. Equip Spell cards (cross symbol) target 1 monster, and applies an effect until either it or the equipped monster leaves the field. Field Spell cards (four-directional compass rose symbol) are placed into the Field-Spell Card Zone. They are functionally identical to Continuous Spell cards, though only one can be active at a time (a new Field Spell destroys the previous one, unless it is Set). Ritual Spell cards (flame symbol) are used to Summon Ritual monsters. They do not remain on the field after the effect resolves. All Spell cards, except Quick-Play, can be activated on the same turn that it is Set.

5. Trap cards (pink border) can only be activated on the following turn after it is first Set (with a few exceptions). Normal Trap cards (no symbol) function exactly as Quick-Play Spells would, except they cannot be activated directly from the hand. Counter Trap cards (arrow symbol) are the "fastest" of cards. I will explain later.

6. Monster types:
Normal (vanilla): Yellow border. These cards do not have an effect, and instead have italicized flavour text.
Effect: Orange border. The text tells you how to use the card.
Fusion: Purple border. These are placed into the Extra Deck, a 15-card collection which is separate from your Main Deck. They are usually Summoned using either Polymerization, or another dedicated Fusion Spell or Trap card. Some Fusion monsters do not require Polymerization (follow the card text).
Ritual: Blue border. Summoned using Ritual Spell cards. If you're not using Gishki cards, or Herald of Perfection, you don't need to know how this works.
Synchro: White border. Placed in the Extra Deck. These monsters can be Summoned using a Tuner monster. You must send the required materials listed on the card from your side of the field to the Graveyard. The combined Levels (stars) of the materials must equal the Level of the Synchro monster.
Xyz: Black border. Placed in the Extra Deck. These monsters are Summoned by overlaying (stacking together) the required materials listed on the card (monsters of the same Level), then placing it on top of the pile. Their effects are activated by detaching Xyz materials (sending them to the Graveyard). Xyz materials are never considered to be on the field, and thus, do not leave the field. If an Xyz monster is placed face-down, it does not lose its materials.

7. Other Summons
Tribute Summoning: Also considered a Normal Summon. Monsters of higher Levels require Tributes.
Level 1-4: no tributes
Level 5-6: one tribute
Level 7-12: two tributes (though usually, monsters above Level 8 are either Special Summoned, or require three tributes, according to their card text).
Flip Summon: Summoning a face-down monster, by flipping it into face-up Attack Position. Effects with "FLIP:" are activated this way.

8. Combat:
A player cannot be attacked directly if they control a monster. During the turn player's Battle Phase, an attack can be declared.

Attack Position v. Attack Position
The monster with the highest ATK destroys the other monster, dealing the difference as damage to the opposing player. If both monsters have the same ATK, then both are destroyed, and no damage occurs.

Attack Position v. Defense Position
If the monster has a higher ATK than the defending monster's DEF, then the defending monster is destroyed, and no damage occurs. If the DEF is higher than the ATK, then neither is destroyed, and the attacking player takes damage equal to the difference between the DEF of the defender and the ATK of the attacker. When a face-down monster is attacked, it is flipped face-up during damage calculation. Flip effects can activate this way.

9. Chains work like the stack, except there are particular rules on when a card can be chained.
Spell Speeds: Cards can only be chained to the activation of an equal or lower Spell Speed.

Spell Speed 1: Most monster effects. Note that continuous effects have no Spell Speed, and are applied as long as that monster remains face-up on the field.
Spell Speed 2: All Spell cards, Normal Traps, and certain monster effects. These effects are usually designated by the phrase "During either player's turn".
Spell Speed 3: Counter Trap cards.
"Spell Speed 4": Cards which specifically cannot be chained to, according to their card text. The most notable example is "Super Polymerization".

10. Phases
Draw Phase: You draw a card. Certain effects may apply here.
Standby Phase: Like the Upkeep Phase, there is nothing here, unless an effect refers to it.
Main Phase 1: Basically the same as in Magic. Spell Speed 1 effects can only be activated during either of the turn player's Main Phase.
Battle Phase:
Start step = Beginning of combat step
Battle step = Declare attackers/blockers steps
Damage step = Combat damage step (Spell Speed 2 monster effects generally cannot be activated during the damage step. There are exceptions such as Honest. Any Spell Speed 2 effect that negates (counters) another effect, or alters a monster's ATK/DEF CAN be activated during this step.)
End step = End of combat step
Main Phase 2: Self-explanatory.
End Phase: Another opportunity to activate effects.

Any Spell Speed 2 effect can be activated in any phase, with the exception of the damage step. Spell Speed 3 effects generally activate based on specific conditions.

There's more, and I can explain to you basically everything, if we can play some time. Of course, unlike Magic clients, YGOPro is automated, so you don't necessarily need to know all of the rules.
Last edited by Wight; Sep 5, 2013 at 07:11 AM.