Toribash
Originally Posted by ConCon19 View Post
It was the direct link, he just lost a bracket on the IMG tag. I fixed it for him.

Thanks, sorry i posted that from my school off of something i read.

Apparently satanists are model citizens, and complete idiots as the pentagram is PAGAN its fucking PAGAN not satanist. So they dont know their own religion, or the news is calling pagans satanists..... again.
Life is like staring at drying paint. The longer it goes on, the more you want to smash your face in.
Originally Posted by kill828 View Post
Apparently satanists are model citizens, and complete idiots as the pentagram is PAGAN its fucking PAGAN not satanist. So they dont know their own religion, or the news is calling pagans satanists..... again.

Mh, some are, some aren't. Religion doesn't really determine what sort of person you are. It's just the vessel for which you justify and decide your actions. Many people have used religion as a vessel for goodness and just as many have used it as a vessel for inflicting pain and suffering. Some people are model citizens, and some are not. Some of those model citizens may be Satanists, Christians, Atheists, or so forth, and similarly on the other side.

Also, symbols are used and re-used over and over again with their meaning changing frequently throughout its usage. For example, in modern times, the upside-down cross is seen as a symbol of Satanism and Anti-Christianity, but it was originally a Christian symbol to represent humility in comparison to Jesus. It's the cross of Saint Peter, who had asked to be crucified upside-down because it didn't feel worthy of sharing the same death as Jesus. Anyhow, later on it came to be associated with Satanism and Anti-Christian worldviews.

Similarly, to the best of my knowledge, the same as been done with the pentagram. In Pythagoreanism, the pentagram was a symbol of perfection as it's here that I believe the origin is. Anyhow, it eventually became seen as a symbol of the occult and yes, Paganism and the like. Each of these have different meanings in different areas. Even among Satanist groups though, the meanings that they attribute to the symbol differ, as does it in many places among symbols overall.

Also, for the record, the actual Satanist symbol is called the Sigil of Baphomet.

I might be over-stepping myself here, but I don't see what's wrong with Satanist groups wanting to erect their own statue. It's no more invasive than any other religion, only less accepted because it's a minority and has been subject to numerous misconceptions over the years. I took the time to look into this Satanist faction and their belief-system, philosophy, and so forth. It appears they have beliefs that coincide with that of LaVeyen Satanism, which, if you have read up on that at all, means that they don't even believe in the literal form of Satan. Instead, they see Satan as a symbol for freedom among other things. They preach skepticism, rationalism, naturalism, and other belief-systems which coincide with scientific thought. The brand of Satanism here, like LaVeyan Satanism, is also preaches similar ideas of goodness.

This is a little excerpt of this group's tenets.
  1. Strive to act with compassion and reciprocity toward all creatures in accordance with reason.
  2. The struggle for justice is an ongoing pursuit.
  3. People are fallible, and although we should all try to do our best, poor judgment is inevitable. If we make a mistake, we should do our best to rectify it, and resolve any harm that may have been caused by our misdeeds.
  4. One’s body is inviolable, subject to one’s own will alone.
  5. Beliefs should conform to our best scientific understanding of the world. We should take care never to distort scientific facts to fit our beliefs.
  6. The freedoms of others should be respected, even the freedom to offend. To willfully encroach upon the freedoms of another is to forego your own.
  7. There are, and will continue to be, things unknown and misunderstood. We must recognize this, never taking pride in ignorance, never assuming the unknown to be forever unknowable.
  8. While proselytizing might have noble intent, it is not acceptable to coerce or push your beliefs on others. It is always best to lead by example.
  9. Every tenet is a guiding principle designed to inspire nobility in action and thought. The spirit of compassion and wisdom should always prevail over the written or spoken word.

In the end, I fail to see what's wrong with this group wanting to erect a statue or what's wrong with practicing Satanism, especially in comparison to Christianity, Judaism, and other religious groups.
zuɐɹpʞɹɐp ʇɔǝdxǝ | [ριïαâôz] | [εssεηcε]
I don't get involved in religious discussion, always leads to tension.

So let's talk about something, who here thinks we need a fighting practice server? Where we can practise openers and such to get ready for fights.

When the ingame thread is reviewed and editted by rapp, we can move the further discussion there. But I think it's time we get some fights done and learn some pro skills.
I don't get involved in religious discussion, always leads to tension.

So let's talk about something, who here thinks we need a fighting practice server? Where we can practise openers and such to get ready for fights.

When the ingame thread is reviewed and editted by rapp, we can move the further discussion there. But I think it's time we get some fights done and learn some pro skills.

Im certainly down for that. Granted I may not be able to get on all that often due to me toribash not being able to connect to servers most of the time.
|Essence staff manager|
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
|Twilight|Fluttershy|Godlygirl|Applejackk|
Originally Posted by Kradel View Post
I agree, If you let me teach Taekkyon :3

You really like taekkyon don't you? haha. The kicking is fun, but overall it seems too unpredictable. But why not?
You really like taekkyon don't you? haha. The kicking is fun, but overall it seems too unpredictable. But why not?

I cant even touch Tk, always end up losing a nut. Its way too unpredictable unless you are predicting that i will lose. Terribly.
Life is like staring at drying paint. The longer it goes on, the more you want to smash your face in.
Mh, I'll attend to it as soon as I can.
I apologize for the delays. I've been so caught up with school and work lately that I've sort of been falling behind in my role here.

I'm just reading through Hamlet for English. xP
zuɐɹpʞɹɐp ʇɔǝdxǝ | [ριïαâôz] | [εssεηcε]