Ranking
Solo ranked sucks so bad, I've never in my life seen players like this. At first I though "I'll just play support, that way I can keep wards up and stop shit deaths", but half the players even in Aus servers English only, don't speak English, never respond, and do the dumbest shit imaginable.

I assume that once I get ranked the players will be better, but I have no idea how I'm supposed to get a good rank in the first place. Support ending the game on 0/5/30, will I get a good rank? Will me buying wards/dust/smoke/etc be factored in? If I only get practice matches with shit people, I'm going to be gauranteed a shit rank.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
0-5-30 is a decent support score, especially if you keep the wards/dust/sentries/smoke up.
30 assists is a highly active support, I hardly ever get over 25.
it will show in the points, solo queue is all about your own score, not your shitty team.
your MMR will increase and you'll be placed with more competent players, thats the whole aim of Ranked Matches.

winning obviously adds to your points, but its about performance.
untill you finish your 10 games, you'll be at the mercy of the luck of the draw, but after that, you're only paired up with people that have similar scores.
Last edited by BenDover; Dec 25, 2013 at 04:53 PM.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
got a really interesting question

in the ranked matches, is there an improved chance for items dropped? cus im too lazy to play against pr0s to check it and then lose (i suck)
Originally Posted by B45 View Post
in the ranked matches, is there an improved chance for items dropped? cus im too lazy to play against pr0s to check it and then lose (i suck)

More points, which in a roundabout way leads to more items, cus you level faster.
you can generally only rely on getting items when you level, the random drops are really random.

Originally Posted by ultimation View Post
People in ranked are as bad as unranked, there's only a boost in BP at the end.

Depends on your MMR, but the first 10 matches are really hit and miss.
The games you get when your MMR is accurate and the teams are balanced, can get quite intense, really long games.
havent had a game under 60 minutes in ages
1-1-1 ice hold, nova then aura.
then start focusing nova and aura.

ice hold level one disable should be good enough, doesnt scale so well afterwards, really needs the DPS from nova and regen from aura is really OP.
can ignore ulti for a while, mana cost is ridiculous.

items: wand, boots and wards.
if you have a CM on your team, and the wards arent permenantly on cool down, then theyr doing something wrong.
bracers/drum and start making your way to force staff/blink
items for CM:
courier
wards
tango
salve
crow
wards
sentries
smoke
wards