Ranking
Originally Posted by USB View Post
wraith night is shitty game mode
PvE dota, awful

I think it's nice, because there is a bit boring to play pubs and pubs...
If you will beat wraith king you will get 984 stuff, and in 2500 or in 8000 these shit you could get a some mythical things.
its a nice break from regular dota, keeps us interested.

had my first ranked match making game today.
pwn bot as support veno with a weaver, rest of the lanes start failing, so i rotate, start winning lanes everywhere, end up winning the early and mid game, then bullshit alchemist comes in and one man GGs our team.
fun stuff.
http://dotabuff.com/matches/429889322

in hindsight, our pudge was terribad, necro is useless as a #4 support, our spectre was non-existant and our weaver sold his meager damage item (maelstrom to get halbeard to disable the alch/lycan (useless with bkbs) should have gone basher and/or deso instead.)

veno is one of the strongest early game heros, but without a team to back him up against an alch/lycan, just turns him into free gold in the late game.
im starting to see the virtues of blink dagger, never felt the gold investment was good enough for him.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Originally Posted by Zalmoxis View Post
Man these newfaegs don't even know Hero Siege and complain about Wraith Night xD

ikr, AoS was PvE, so was ETS and X and many games that are the roots of doto.

An SC siege -> a WC3 siege -> a WC3 doto -> a Valve doto -> a Valve siege

The cycle continues, now we just need another company to make a clone of wraithnight for a different engine.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
sometimes i think i know gaming slang

Originally Posted by ImmortalPig View Post
ikr, AoS was PvE, so was ETS and X and many games that are the roots of doto.

An SC siege -> a WC3 siege -> a WC3 doto -> a Valve doto -> a Valve siege

The cycle continues, now we just need another company to make a clone of wraithnight for a different engine.

then i read gorman posts
f=m*a syens

pubs

> DR
> Bloodstone
> Blink
> Poorman's heart

Yay pubs.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
never even thought about stacking tranquils
seems legit as.

dota network was down as a came out of a ranked match, doesnt seem to have registered my 8-4-100000 veno game
QQ
man... i wanted to trade my mad harvester pudge set for an atramentos mount

'you must wait 15 days to trade because steam guard was off'

W-T-F

steam guard is annoying as FUCK
every time i log in, i need to ask for an email. my 'browser names' or whatever that is, are all 'FUCK STEAM GUARD', 'AIFHAZUGIFAZER' etc

i turned it off because it was fucking retarded and now this
fml

also, yea, i know it's not supposed to ask for confirmation every time BUT IT STILL DOES
i think it's campus network
f=m*a syens
So how goes everyones progress on the ranked matchmaking?
anyone got their ranking yet?
finished my Team Ranking the other day, sitting on 3800 atm, average is 2700, so apparently Im sitting in the top 90-95% of players, which doesnt sound right.

ranked games are rough, they really put you up against it. lost 6 or 7 out of the 10 games, but i blame the team for those.
doing the heavy lifting shows in the points i guess, had a few slug fests towards the end, games were super tight
http://dotabuff.com/matches/436189881 (this came down to one missed teamfight, we made the mistake of trying to take rosh in the late game, caught out the luna and LC in the pitt and GG)
http://dotabuff.com/matches/436077019

expecting it to go down some as it calibrates more.
Still waiting to do my solo ranking though, solo queuing ftl...
Last edited by BenDover; Dec 24, 2013 at 11:36 PM.