Toribash
View Poll Results: What mod(s) should we use for the tournament?
aikidobigdojo, greykido & rb_greykido
0 Votes / 0%
rouxkido
1 Votes / 100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Originally Posted by Gravity View Post
yo yo gravity is the name, aikido is my game
everytime i enter the dojo, i make others look like a hobo
i left these replays below, i hope that they can show
everything you need to know. on this forum i must be
to put in simple terms yall niggas are trippin if you don't invite me.

-a poem application written by the one and only gravity
(btw i was crusher600 before i got a name change to gravity on the replays)
https://gyazo.com/a9fd78d39289cc33aa59581c4cde46b1

if the application poem wasn't enough this should clear stuff up^^^^^

GMT: -4

Pretty dank application if you ask me ;). I love your playstyle, and replays were good. Yes from me bby
(╭ರᴥ•́)
Aight it's pid reapplying again.Am I about to break a record for most apps yets? :3.

Anyways lets get started.

Ello,TA,today I will be applying due to me feeling that I would fit in nice with the people inside this org.When I play aikido,I like to listen to music.It gives you that sort of edge that you need to play right,or drinking some rum will get you straight.

I am currentlly twenty two,and sort of an adventurer.I love to travel (currentlly on a trip across the world).I like to incorporate my adventurous into my playstyle and try new things while also being realistic and using real life aikido moves.

I took MMA classes for a while,learning to do certain things here and there.After training a bit in aikido I finally decided to play aikido as well.At first I thought the only way to win was to snap,but now I don't really care bout the win or that.Just having fun in a match with friends.

Replays~

Attempting a Suplex~I saw the Snake video where they teach you to suplex and I attempted to try that.This was my first attempt

Attempting a Suplex 2~Second attempt,believe I made him land at an akward angle causing a decap.

Attempting a Suplex 3~Third attempt,Pretty much mastered the basics of it.

{TA} 1~Watched some show showing a judo match.Saw someone flip his opponent so I tried to copy his pose ingame.Turned out pretty well.

{TA} 3~I didn't put this replay here cause of the decap.I like this one due to the multiple kicks I landed to the head.Also got this from a judo video

{Ta} 4~Chose this one cause I just liked the fluidity in the counter of his lift

{TA} 5~Again the smoothness of it

(Ta) 6~Just like this one tbh

Aight well this is my app.IF you need more replays and/or want to test me ingame i'm up for it.already played with quite a few members though
Nice footsweep Zwift. Watching your replay made me think of something that I have always had trouble with. And that is finishing a downed opponent who is based out on all fours or worse: tripoding.

Do you think we could put this thread to use and build some nice strategies to how you guys dq someone that's just holding themselves inches from the ground.

My main strategy has always been to stick to them like glue. Stay heavy and hopefully pressure them down. If that doesn't work ill try to grab usually an arm and take it away so they then lean on that side and dq. (First replay shows this but i got lucky with it bc he lowered the other arm also.)

But i also feel like there's ways to achieve this using momentum which i dont fully understand. (Not the best example either).

There's been plenty of time when i fight for a takedown and then lose by points because the opponent just holds out on the floor.
---
Edit: Replays to show your strategies would be great as well.
Attached Files
judo - hip throw (3).rpl (47.0 KB, 14 views)
Last edited by footlox; Aug 22, 2015 at 11:31 AM.
Leader of the Spyder House
Toribash Martial Artists
Originally Posted by Aquita View Post
Nice footsweep Zwift. Watching your replay made me think of something that I have always had trouble with. And that is finishing a downed opponent who is based out on all fours or worse: tripoding.

Do you think we could put this thread to use and build some nice strategies to how you guys dq someone that's just holding themselves inches from the ground.

My main strategy has always been to stick to them like glue. Stay heavy and hopefully pressure them down. If that doesn't work ill try to grab usually an arm and take it away so they then lean on that side and dq. (First replay shows this but i got lucky with it bc he lowered the other arm also.)

But i also feel like there's ways to achieve this using momentum which i dont fully understand. (Not the best example either).

There's been plenty of time when i fight for a takedown and then lose by points because the opponent just holds out on the floor.

If I am grabbing both of their hands I will thrash about and attempt to turn them over or armlock them. If I am grabbing one of their hands, I will turn them in awkward positions until I have the ability to lift them out of the tripod/quad. If I am not grabbing anything, I will jump on them and punch, slap, grab & rip, kick, etc. Anything for points, fracs, or dm's so that they must move to adjust and then is when I thrash until they are either dqed or I have more points.
Stay Fluffy My Friends | I do loans and shit
Founder of [ROT] | Destroyer of Anus
Ah knew I forgot something ;-;

Sorry bit forgetful
Attached Files
{Ta} 1.rpl (55.0 KB, 1 views)
{Ta} 3.rpl (62.6 KB, 1 views)
{Ta} 4.rpl (49.6 KB, 1 views)
{TA} 5.rpl (43.9 KB, 1 views)
{TA} 6.rpl (38.2 KB, 1 views)
Attempting a suplex part 2.rpl (52.3 KB, 1 views)
Attempting a suplex part 3.rpl (46.6 KB, 1 views)
Attempting a suplex.rpl (43.7 KB, 1 views)
Originally Posted by Pidgenere View Post
Aight it's pid reapplying again.Am I about to break a record for most apps yets? :3.

Anyways lets get started.

Ello,TA,today I will be applying due to me feeling that I would fit in nice with the people inside this org.When I play aikido,I like to listen to music.It gives you that sort of edge that you need to play right,or drinking some rum will get you straight.

I am currentlly twenty two,and sort of an adventurer.I love to travel (currentlly on a trip across the world).I like to incorporate my adventurous into my playstyle and try new things while also being realistic and using real life aikido moves.

I took MMA classes for a while,learning to do certain things here and there.After training a bit in aikido I finally decided to play aikido as well.At first I thought the only way to win was to snap,but now I don't really care bout the win or that.Just having fun in a match with friends.

Replays~

Attempting a Suplex~I saw the Snake video where they teach you to suplex and I attempted to try that.This was my first attempt

Attempting a Suplex 2~Second attempt,believe I made him land at an akward angle causing a decap.

Attempting a Suplex 3~Third attempt,Pretty much mastered the basics of it.

{TA} 1~Watched some show showing a judo match.Saw someone flip his opponent so I tried to copy his pose ingame.Turned out pretty well.

{TA} 3~I didn't put this replay here cause of the decap.I like this one due to the multiple kicks I landed to the head.Also got this from a judo video

{Ta} 4~Chose this one cause I just liked the fluidity in the counter of his lift

{TA} 5~Again the smoothness of it

(Ta) 6~Just like this one tbh

Aight well this is my app.IF you need more replays and/or want to test me ingame i'm up for it.already played with quite a few members though

Well, perhaps I'm being a bit blunt, but for a 22 year old (or any age for that matter), the application is complete crap. You obviously put no effort into your application. Its not even funny. Whoever typed this doesn't give a shit about life and should never be accepted in such a fine organization. The nerve of some people...
I deleted my sig cuz clan bai nao
Hi, I'm James. I live in Massachusetts, and my GMT is -5. The first mod I ever played was Taekkyon. Then one day, I couldn't find the server that had 'TK'. So I tried something else, Aikido.

At first I didn't really like it, it was harder to gruesomely murder my opponents. But then I became interested in it. I was particularly fond of take downs, sweeping the legs and forcing opponents to the ground. One specific time I tried to take someone down, I kicked their leg off. This made me realize the potential of the snap kick, or delayed snap kick.
So, I tried to combine the two techniques, striking and controlling. I find that it's a perfectly capably technique.

After a year and a half of playing Aikido, the big-dojo variant was introduced to me. This was the first time I encountered major lifting, which I was not a fan of. Thus I devised the strategy of springing off of the ground, taking my opponent with me, and swinging them under me, effectively a 'suplex', but in the air. People started referring to this play-style as 'grappling', so I went with it.

Then I discovered Greykido. This one's great. It allowed me to perform some cool saves, and develop my grappling skills even further. I think Greykido is one of the best variants. It's the perfect blend of difference and similarity to just please my palate.

So, a while ago, I tried to join this. I didn't think I was good enough, so I deleted my application. But I think I'm ready this time. I'd like to join so I can broaden my spectrum of knowledge about Aikido and it's player-base. Hopefully I can make some new friends here.
Thanks.

---

Also, holy crap, is everyone this brutal? ^
Attached Files
Aikido Big Dojo.rpl (50.2 KB, 1 views)
Aikido.rpl (54.9 KB, 1 views)
Greykido.rpl (66.3 KB, 1 views)