Toribash
Originally Posted by Possesed View Post
WoW colossus why do you want to leave?

Because of this ↓

Originally Posted by MindStorm View Post
Snake is making this org into something I really don't know if I want to be a part of anymore. I mean the tiered ranking is a phenominal idea, and the new organization of the forum is nice, but a lot of things are too bushido here.

I mean for tier 3 you FORCE players not to contract wrists at all? The best players in this mod all contract wrists because it's better. And then you also require supplexing for tier 3, which if you try to supplex with extended wrists it's not nearly as effective and it will get your fingertips DQ'ed more often than not.

Snake I like what you did with TW, but I don't think you're getting the concept of Team Aikido. Aikido is a mod where many play styles are effective and you have a lot of freedom to play how you'd like, yet snake you're making this org into a very narrow minded approach at a mod that's much bigger than that.

You should either take your bushido crap elsewhere, or change the ranking requirements so that people don't need to play "realistically" to be considered a great aikido player.

and plus, ranking up in the org is the only thing that could keep me playing this game for a bit more than I've already done, however I do not play seriously, for me a game is a weapon of fun, therefore I do not care about TC's or Items, and requiring payments to rank up didn't sound good to me.

I practice martial arts in real life and I understand the time you need to rank up (as you can see by my signature) and the money you have to pay, but putting this in a game makes it much more strict than it should be.

For me, the org should be a place where people who share interests hang out and have fun, and not an real life based academy where you have to wait and pay to rank up just to brag about it.

And its not "I want to leave" its "I've left already" the only thing is that hey didn't remove me from the list yet.

I got a belt exam in real life today that I must help people with. I'll check on later to see where this discussion is going.
Congrats!
I did wing chun for a while and it was great but i've been way too busy with music studies to work on that. Especially as i'm trying to get my practice time to 4 hours a day.
Feel free to stick around as much as you like, it's not like you have to be a member to post here.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
Snake is making this org into something I really don't know if I want to be a part of anymore. I mean the tiered ranking is a phenominal idea, and the new organization of the forum is nice, but a lot of things are too bushido here.

I mean for tier 3 you FORCE players not to contract wrists at all? The best players in this mod all contract wrists because it's better. And then you also require supplexing for tier 3, which if you try to supplex with extended wrists it's not nearly as effective and it will get your fingertips DQ'ed more often than not.

Snake I like what you did with TW, but I don't think you're getting the concept of Team Aikido. Aikido is a mod where many play styles are effective and you have a lot of freedom to play how you'd like, yet snake you're making this org into a very narrow minded approach at a mod that's much bigger than that.

You should either take your bushido crap elsewhere, or change the ranking requirements so that people don't need to play "realistically" to be considered a great aikido player.

too much aggression, probably you can't execute some of techniques showcased,
anyway contracting wrist on first turn give too much of an advantage (inner grab) if you can't win without inner grab - you probably lack some skill,

i should fix the description on wrists, done

the approach is to make sure player is playing whole variety of aikido mods with small and big dojos AND learn variety of techniques, no need to take "marketing" speach too seriously.

if you have concrete suggestions on how to improve ranking table - i'm all ears.

Originally Posted by Colossus View Post
Because of this ↓

and plus, ranking up in the org is the only thing that could keep me playing this game for a bit more than I've already done, however I do not play seriously, for me a game is a weapon of fun, therefore I do not care about TC's or Items, and requiring payments to rank up didn't sound good to me.

For me, the org should be a place where people who share interests hang out and have fun, and not an real life based academy where you have to wait and pay to rank up just to brag about it.

everybody want events, yet nobody wants to contribute for prizes. where does tc for event prizes comes from?
consider these small fees as donation, no need to get upset. if you know other way to raise tc for events, i'm all ears and yes, i'm talking about events, not tourneys
app time limit is set to prevent spam.
Last edited by snake; Aug 28, 2014 at 12:04 AM.
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15
snake, you keep getting these suggestions and I suggest you start listening to them. You keep saying "post your solution", but really the job of a member is to lay out the problem to you, and the job of a leader is for you to discover the solution and implement it. HiPower already had the great idea of having tags that describe your play style, maybe [C] or [E] for contracted or extended wrists, or [B] and [R] for Bushido and Regular style.

I don't care how you implement changes, but this org cannot be centralized around a small style of aikido gameplay when there is much MUCH more to aikido.

Also you went ahead and made accusations against my skill level based on my post? That's plain out rude when I'm just giving a suggestion. Why don't you duel me using your Bushido style and I'll actually use effective methods that have been shaped by the players of toribash over 5+ years and we'll see who wins.
-----
Lets move this discussion here: http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=478045
Last edited by MindStorm; Aug 28, 2014 at 06:36 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
_________________.( MindStorm )._________________
I'm the leader of this pretty cool clan called Apex.
IRC is love, IRC is life. Hit me up on the #Apex channel!
Wanna help feed my ego? Join my fan club!
Are you awesome? Apply for Apex.
snake, you keep getting these suggestions and I suggest you start listening to them. You keep saying "post your solution", but really the job of a member is to lay out the problem to you, and the job of a leader is for you to discover the solution and implement it. HiPower already had the great idea of having tags that describe your play style, maybe [C] or [E] for contracted or extended wrists, or [B] and [R] for Bushido and Regular style.

"i don't like it, i don't know how to fix it, i don't care snake do something"

what the hell with this additude? am i obliged to you or something? talk like that to your mom, don't annoy me.

i'm not here to nurse anyone, if you think i will jump around to make you pleased - no, i would not, so eather change your tone of fuck off

the description idea was implemented by me (again) in team wushu, because in wushu playstyle may differ alot, while in aikido playstyle is differ only by techniques person actively use.

"i don't know what but you should do something"

no. if you have concrete suggestions - i'm listening. if not - don't waste my time.

if all you are capable of is doublegrabs and kicking in abd - your problem, not mine. broaden your tools by learning more techniques.

if you are good player, none of techniques listed should cause complications, consider these as challenges.

if you react so colorful when your expectations of being top player are crushed by the fact you can't do something, means you need to learn more

I don't care how you implement changes, but this org cannot be centralized around a small style of aikido gameplay when there is much MUCH more to aikido.

like what?.. dms and tripoding? tell me

Also you went ahead and made accusations against my skill level based on my post? That's plain out rude when I'm just giving a suggestion.

you react too colorful, so i did the correct asumption why you are so pissed of.
if you was able to execute these "crappy" techniques, which is not a problem for any decent player (just 8 more joints in active use) you would not ask me to change something to meet your expectations where you can't move 8 more joints and yet to be a top player.

Why don't you duel me using your Bushido style and I'll actually use effective methods that have been shaped by the players of toribash over 5+ years and we'll see who wins.

sure, in spiritwrestling, 6 y/o clan legue mod

also the most effective method is shovel, so i don't get your reasoning

-----
Lets move this discussion here: http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=478045

here is your answer.

don't test my patience, i'm not your mom

we had a nice little banter long time ago with poop and later with shacky about these techniques, they were sceptic at first, considering both were already top belts and playing abd, but as soon as they were able to pull off full throw, they did agree that this way is indeed pretty good.

it reminds me improv vs opener debate from TW, really, but thats too early for that
Last edited by snake; Aug 28, 2014 at 10:00 AM.
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15
So, if we were to elaborate on tags instead of bashing each other, I came up with a basic tier system.
(Tier)(dmg/nodmg)(dojo type)(handgrab/other grab)(beauty/victory)

Dmg/no dmg: whether you attempt to damage your opponent or not.
Dojo type: regular dojo, big dojo, circular dojo or any dojo.
Grab: whether you clap with extended wrists or not.
Beauty/victory: whether you play for style or not. Mainly for players like chris who replicate judo throws but also for people who don't play for victory.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
I'd hate to bring in some more TeamWushu stuff to bore you guys with, but how about similar classifications to their stuff?

Classification:

example - T1_R_B_S_O
read as: Tier 1, relax, bushido, style, original
T# - your current tier

~preferable grab on opener~
R - relax
C - contract
E - extend
H - hold

~preferable play-style~
A - aggressive (kicks, knees, etc)
D - defensive (counters, suplexes, etc)
B - bushido (full throws, developing new bushido techniques)

~preferable movement style~
E - effective (solely focused on winning)
S - style (focused on giving a beautiful replay without caring for the win)
Q - combined (focused on winning with style)

~preferable dojo type~
B - big dojo (for those abd fans)
O - classic aikido.tbm dojo (regular square dojo)
G - greykido (rounded or square dojo)
S - for the spiritwrestling fans (round dojo)

Any other ideas or improvements to this? ^
I don't think relaxing, holding, or extending wrists has any major differences in gameplay. All we really need is a contract and extend classification.
I do think it's important to specify whether you go for damage or prefer self damage only.
Also by greykido dojo, do you mean dojos with objects, like minekido and that other mod with a lot of objects and stuff? Cause rounded or square dojo doesn't say very much.

Other than that it's great. Then the question is what we're gonna do with tiers. We could either stick to the bushido principle and get people to rank up through its system, or make different ladders for different playstyles.

Example-ish:
Agressive tier: maximising damage, attempting takedowns in a chain, breaking joints on demand
Defensive: countering moves, absorbing force, counter-throwing (aka throw save)
Bushido: you already know why are you reading this?

Of course, techniques from the different tiers would mix together so defensive techs would be in the aggressive ladder and bushido tech would be in the defensive tier. It's just to have a clear direction for the player to develop new ways to play.
Last edited by Lazors; Aug 28, 2014 at 07:28 PM.