Toribash
so I switched from LoL to Dota 2, and wtf

I went from stomping a game with clinkz to horribly losing with visage and anti mage, I'm kinda understanding the basics now.

Also, I tried to press b many times
steam name is refayne add me up
Last edited by Chuck; Dec 1, 2013 at 11:13 PM.
Originally Posted by ChuckNinja View Post

I went from stomping a game with clinkz to horribly losing with visage and anti mage, I'm kinda understanding the basics now.

Played Dota 1 competitively for a while, then got 1200h of Dota 2 but I took a break of like over half a year.

I mostly play with 1-2 other rl friends on AR only, but if you're online when we are then I'll send you an invite if you're interested.

steam name: zalmoxis1337 ( you'll see why the 1337 when you see me with Pudge )

Also sup babe :P
Originally Posted by Zalmoxis View Post
Played Dota 1 competitively for a while, then got 1200h of Dota 2 but I took a break of like over half a year.

I mostly play with 1-2 other rl friends on AR only, but if you're online when we are then I'll send you an invite if you're interested.

steam name: zalmoxis1337 ( you'll see why the 1337 when you see me with Pudge )

Also sup babe :P

I fucking suck though, like really.

Also, can't be on for like 2-3 days.

I'm good how r u
My team decided to let me carry for once, and ofcourse i just had to be up against an aggresive trilane...
trilane with clockwork harass from across the map makes for a shitty laning phase.
http://dotabuff.com/matches/406627013

Originally Posted by Zalmoxis View Post
( you'll see why the 1337 when you see me with Pudge )

challenge accepted
also, share your shit, your dotabuff hasnt been updated in 10 months
mine: http://dotabuff.com/players/58220785

on a side note, the max ward build on veno isnt half bad
Last edited by BenDover; Dec 3, 2013 at 11:31 PM.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
I fucking suck though, like really.

Also, can't be on for like 2-3 days.

I'm good how r u

Eh no worries, I'm rarely online anyway. If we catch each other then we'll play, I'm sure I can carry a team even if you say you suck that much ( just swap and get support and we'll be fine)

Same, but busy with collage and bachelor's license, real life, etc

Originally Posted by BenDover View Post
My team decided to let me carry for once, and ofcourse i just had to be up against an aggresive trilane...
trilane with clockwork harass from across the map makes for a shitty laning phase.
http://dotabuff.com/matches/406627013

challenge accepted
also, share your shit, your dotabuff hasnt been updated in 10 months
mine: http://dotabuff.com/players/58220785

on a side note, the max ward build on veno isnt half bad

Haha, man haven't seen a trilane in ages. But yeah sucks for you, although you could have switched with invoker and take mid? Don't really have time to watch the game atm so just a shot in the dark there.

I had no idea about that setting, I took a break way before it was implemented. I thought it was 6 months ago but 10 months would explain why I'm still a bit rusty.

Max ward is quite excellent, depending on various circumstances. Sometimes it's better than the regular setup, but I found those situations a bit rare.

Anyway hope you added me on steam, so I can catch you on these days if I can play.

P.s.: Yo ben, been a long time btw
changing lanes wouldnt have done much, I would have struggled even more against an over levelled clock or batrider.
would have been better if the veng came down to defensive trilane instead.
invoker did a good job with the sunstrikes, so i got a few pickoffs when they roamed into our jungle.

max wards is ok now with the poison sting buff, get an orb of venom and youve got the ultimate lane harasser.
although I must admit, getting a level of gale early, just for the extra slow, is really important.
got lucky that the people we were playing were shit. they decided to put an SF and AM against my lane with a death prophet, no way they could survive the early game.
really felt like we had been dropped down to the normal skill pool... the guys we been playing against have just been stupidly bad.

I dont think the max wards build is that good, going the standard gale + sting build is still best, but getting a level of wards for the bonus poison harass and slow is just great

also, did you watch the Romania vs South Africa dota game a few months ago zal?
was embarassing, bone7 made us his bitch.
Last edited by BenDover; Dec 4, 2013 at 08:30 AM.
Originally Posted by BenDover View Post
changing lanes wouldnt have done much, I would have struggled even more against an over levelled clock or batrider.
would have been better if the veng came down to defensive trilane instead.
invoker did a good job with the sunstrikes, so i got a few pickoffs when they roamed into our jungle.

max wards is ok now with the poison sting buff, get an orb of venom and youve got the ultimate lane harasser.
although I must admit, getting a level of gale early, just for the extra slow, is really important.
got lucky that the people we were playing were shit. they decided to put an SF and AM against my lane with a death prophet, no way they could survive the early game.
really felt like we had been dropped down to the normal skill pool... the guys we been playing against have just been stupidly bad.

I dont think the max wards build is that good, going the standard gale + sting build is still best, but getting a level of wards for the bonus poison harass and slow is just great

also, did you watch the Romania vs South Africa dota game a few months ago zal?
was embarassing, bone7 made us his bitch.

Clock did sound good, but weaver can do decent against bat if he isn't pro. At any rate, in a trilane weaver is even more of a pinch imo.

I did that before anyway, and I always put in the first point in Q for the harass and kill possibility. I usually get a ring of basilius for the mana regen aura, and so I can spam Q more often. I don't generally use wards because that means less farm for the carry ( and I only use venom as a carry in case we don't have any), but I do put 1 point in it to keep it as a semi-active ward against incoming ganks from forest. The passive point either comes as the 2nd or 3rd point, depending on how easy the lane is and/or if I am against lanaya.

I don't think they necessarily "put" a SF, DP, AM in the same lane as much as one of them decided to come as an extra and they were too stubborn to switch lanes xD

Several months ago I wasn't into Dota basically xD. I just took it back again like a week ago. I wouldn't have much time to view a game like that anyway, since if I did I would just prefer to play. Last year in mechanical engineering is pretty hard.
fyeah
http://dotabuff.com/matches/410892924

went into the offlane as a backup carry, its the best feeling when youre the game changing hero, safe lane and mid were getting stomped, so i came in and killed everything.

I played LoL for a very brief amount of time, until I got a DotA 2 beta key I find DotA has a more challenging aspect, more strategy to it. The problem with this aspect, is from my experience, any new player wont enjoy the game until they get slightly good, or find a hero they enjoy. When I first tried to get my friends to play DotA with me, they hated it, thought it sucked. As they have gotten better, some of them like it more than me.

Weaver is so much fun when your fed :P
S A D B O Y S