Toribash
Originally Posted by Yaum View Post
Hmm, you have a point snake, I want to make one thing clear, I like abd and aikido equally, that's the reason I applies here too, bushido is fairplay, but if your opponent doesn't use bushido as their playstyle you will have some complications in the fight,
But still bushido is an amazing playstyle to have.

we play the way we do in the wild and have no complications at all, it's all solved by using aikido5.tbm mod which favor our meta
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15
Hmm, I'll try bushido in aikido5 once I get to my computer, but shouldn't we stick on playing aikido, and practice our bushido skills there, because that's what everyone is playing, if you duel someone, they won't be agreeing with you to use aikido5 but instead just aikido, not unless he uses bushido as well.

Edit: didnt find aikido 5
Last edited by Yaum; Aug 8, 2014 at 04:15 PM.
| Team Aikido | Team Philippines | Pure | Fluffyjack | Pain | Poko |
So many presents...
abd is popular for 2 reasons
1) people assume big dojo prevent shoveling
2) very low skill cap

while mods with big dojo such as spiritwrestling are not so popular because spirit wrestling have higher skill cap as it force you to play not for point holding or dms (i personally frown upon this) but instead meta is about to be able to pin down opponnent to the ground and hold him a bit.

so here are mods with big dojos, yet one is popular, another is niche for the skill cap reason.

in general, aikido5 and aikido7 were created as antishovel mods, where you can not grab torso or legs to get an easy win, scrub lifting is also slightly midgating by making shoulders and head ungrabable, so if you can't get locked with plain grab, but only by opponent joints, which is totally fair as it hard to do.

tl;dr
you don't need big dojo to stop shovel/lifts
Last edited by snake; Aug 8, 2014 at 04:22 PM.
tell me about aikido
Should be in the mod list. Try setting it manually.
Fyi a5 disables wrists.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
Originally Posted by Lazors View Post
Should be in the mod list. Try setting it manually.
Fyi a5 disables wrists.

thats correct, becoming a standard anti-scrub mod, since you don't really need wrists functioning in order to throw people anyway, but it does prevent inner grabs on start
tell me about aikido
Hmm, awesome, its true you can easily counter shovel even in aikido, a big dono is not needed, and you do need more skill for aikido, but I think people like abd because of the freedom and yeah, and low skill cap, but not everyone who plays abd has low skill cap
So many presents...
There are no caps for players, only for mods.
The difference is that "skill" in abd is defined with headbutts and point holding, rather than trying to get your opponent to the ground.
That said, it's fully possible to bave a good game in abd even if you're a bushidoka, the major problem is selfgrabs. Chlebicek and I actually had some games in a7 with unlimited dojo and it worked out totally fine.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
Originally Posted by Yaum View Post
Hmm, you have a point snake, I want to make one thing clear, I like abd and aikido equally, that's the reason I applies here too, bushido is fairplay, but if your opponent doesn't use bushido as their playstyle you will have some complications in the fight,
But still bushido is an amazing playstyle to have.

Yeah , but all have a diferent way to think about it , some people can say its wrong when other people can say is correct but that depend on each one , in my case i love aikido and the sub mod Greykido (im good at ABD but im still on practice for discover another way for not pad or and keep on my foots only) .

Also a long time ago when i view the bushido org i thinked throw was like grab , do a turnover of a suplex and ungrab and had the chance of your oponent to ungrab and he fly and dq , but when i view the demonstration and example replays i can see is really good to make one and when you know how to control using your arms , pecs, midle body and your legs for had a good grip and do a clean throw .
SWAVES IS THE REAL CHAMP!
Originally Posted by Lazors View Post
One thing:

I don't think bushido should be a higher "tier" than abd players. Abd playstyle and bushido playstyle are completely different and should be separate from each other.
I think there definitely is a degree of skill in abd dueling, even if it's just bashing each others limbs off and running/tripodding.

Like Yaum said, we don't want to compete which style is the best. That's up to personal opinion.

(Besides we don't want people to apply to bushido just because it's "better". If they did, they'd never respect our rules and playstyle anyway)

Not just ABD players, we have 3 Tiers and that's Begginer (Replacing the school) Advanced, replacing old regular members. And then Bushido. It's just placed on how difficult it is to get into.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[4:37 PM] ponf: y'all might think i'm not wild enough to send dick pics over toribash
[4:37 PM] ponf: you'd be wrong
uwu i wuv you uwu
Bushido is such a clean way of playstyle, and I think that's how aikido should be played (by bushido playstyle) to be honest.
So many presents...