Toribash
So I'm thinking on building a computer and would like your opinions on it

Here's the build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1bP7m

Since I live in Sweden it'll be around ~1265$

Is there anything you would like to change? :>
Last edited by swedishpower; Jun 30, 2013 at 05:18 PM.
Siku can't touch this!
Originally Posted by swedishpower View Post
So I'm thinking on building a computer and would like your opinions on it

Here's the build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1bP7m

Since I live in Sweden it'll be around ~1265$

Is there anything you would like to change? :>

I eat 16Gigs of ram for breakfast, so id say go with atleast 16...
Now doing recoloring for people not in the clan as-well, PM for more info!
PROUD OWNER OF THORN'S GOOD ENOUGH WRITER AWARD!
Originally Posted by Smogard49 View Post
I eat 16Gigs of ram for breakfast, so id say go with atleast 16...

I was going with 16gb at first but people told me I could settle for 8gb (since I don't do video editing).
Originally Posted by William View Post
go for i7 pff

Was also going for that first :3 But the i7 processor only got the advantage in a few games (atm). So if it will change in the future I will go for it :>
Siku can't touch this!
Originally Posted by swedishpower View Post
I was going with 16gb at first but people told me I could settle for 8gb (since I don't do video editing).

Was also going for that first :3 But the i7 processor only got the advantage in a few games (atm). So if it will change in the future I will go for it :>

Well, lets say you use youtube, all of us do. 10 tabs? Lets look at the memory consumption...

At the same time, we run toribash, not to much of a change, except it keep leaking and eating more and more. Ouch.

Now lets add a game upon that, BF3, Arma, whatever, wow, we passed 8Gig by far.

Lets continue; a Movie! 8Gigs are crying, and so is the youtube buffert that keeps on emptying now.

Wait! I want to open PS and edit a avatar, or Blender and make a fast 3d illustration cause I feel like it (by now you'd have to kill stuff.)

And to add some topping; Lets open uTorrent and share some 100% legal stuff to over 100 peers!

8Gigs won't do for sure, not if you want to stay on top.
Now doing recoloring for people not in the clan as-well, PM for more info!
PROUD OWNER OF THORN'S GOOD ENOUGH WRITER AWARD!
Originally Posted by Smogard49 View Post
Well, lets say you use youtube, all of us do. 10 tabs? Lets look at the memory consumption...

At the same time, we run toribash, not to much of a change, except it keep leaking and eating more and more. Ouch.

Now lets add a game upon that, BF3, Arma, whatever, wow, we passed 8Gig by far.

Lets continue; a Movie! 8Gigs are crying, and so is the youtube buffert that keeps on emptying now.

Wait! I want to open PS and edit a avatar, or Blender and make a fast 3d illustration cause I feel like it (by now you'd have to kill stuff.)

And to add some topping; Lets open uTorrent and share some 100% legal stuff to over 100 peers!

8Gigs won't do for sure, not if you want to stay on top.

I do see your point, I got no idea how much anything consumes in RAM :3 Btw, how much difference does a person notice between a CL 9 and CL 10?

Also I forgot that I could ship some stuff from Germany, so it'll easy on the price
Last edited by swedishpower; Jun 30, 2013 at 11:49 PM.
Siku can't touch this!
Vodka has asked me to give him local moderator permission in this board. I need to confirm if the leaders are fine with him having lmod rights.
Last edited by Hero; Jul 1, 2013 at 04:45 AM.
I do see your point, I got no idea how much anything consumes in RAM :3

Ctrl+shift+escape and you can watch your UC and RAM use and stuff ;p

More than 8gb of Ram isn't very usefull actually, windows 7 + basics softs use approximatively 1gb, that makes 7gb left for games and softwares. If you're not planning to have 3 or 4 screens and do a thousand stuff at the same time you can stick with 8gb

I don't see the point to be able to play 2 games, watch a movie and browse the internet at the same time, unless you have 2 brains and 8 eyes ;o
Originally Posted by Hero View Post
Vodka has asked me to give him local moderator permission in this board. I need to confirm if the leaders are fine with him having lmod rights.

yeah sure add vodka

also about pc build

i7 3000 series will be proper choice