Toribash
Originally Posted by snake View Post
this is scam, don't buy. they never show any new gameplay videos but talk and bullshiting

Bojan, for once I have to agree with snake;
they'v said so much, and shown so little,
and right now they are stuck in valve time.

Better wait for some promising news, alpha etc,
than to kickstarter what might be scrapped.
Now doing recoloring for people not in the clan as-well, PM for more info!
PROUD OWNER OF THORN'S GOOD ENOUGH WRITER AWARD!
Bah, they might be right not to show anything for now.

Following the Project Zomboid developpement (which is in alpha), you can't imagine the number of dumb fucks buying it and complaining that it's bugged and busting the dev's balls because they didn't understand what Alpha means (when it's written in big red bold letters on the purchase page)

Kickstarter and crowdfunded websites have strict policy and "investigation" system to know if a project is a vaporware or a scam. Not showing any gameplay and holding back might as well be a "marketing" choice ;p
David Breyben and Chris Roberts scammers? Nouuuuuu.

Srsly guys...

Those games will be awesome when they get done in 2014.
Why suspicious? I grew in Chris Robert's games: Wing Commander 1,2,3,4,5,6, Freelancer, Starlancer, Privateer 1,2... All of those were great games. Than big companies said: there is no future in space simulations, bye-bye Chris. So he went to make movies instead, again about space combat. :]
Guy returns on kickstarter asking only 2 mil to make a game of his dreams, investing also his own money - he gets 6 millions (and counting)!

Game is in beta. They adding new ships and stuff, and it will cost 60 USD. It will be singleplayer, multiplayer online...
I'll pledge 30 euros and get copy of the game, and some NPC will got my name XD.

As, for Elite Dangerous, I'll buy that too. But, Star Citizen is on my priority list.
Sup guys, hope you wouldn't mid if I post on your board :3
What are your thoughts on Greenlight stuff? Hope you haven;t discussed that yet! haha
[Gangsters] RuBash
[TABD][Team Australia] RIP[Source]
º°À¾Ç Â࿸´°ÀË º°º¸µ ¾ ¸¿° ¾Ä°½° ´¾»¶½Ë ±ËÂÌ ½°¿¸Á°½Ë
° ÜÕÝï ÔÐÖÕ ÝÕ ÒßØáÐÛ, åãØáÐá~Tarlan
For many years nothing happens with Toribash, than, all of a sudden: new versions arise, new items and stuff, it goes on Steam for GreenLight program...

Only one conclusion I can make from this: Whatever amount of money TB was earning for Hampa, dropped. TB is in danger to be shut down, and developer is now doing everything to rise interest for the game and start getting enough money so it won't happen.

Otherwise, all of this new stuff would have been done sooner.
That's true, but I don't think loosing money is the reason for him doing it since people working in Nabi get paid $800 a month which is a fair amount of money for doing 'nothing'.
I mean, only one or two develop new items, etc while other do it without the payment.
Here's what I posted in the "News" thread:

Dunno if someone mentioned this but I can't be stuffed reading what people said haha

Anyway, in my opinion, this 'project', if I can call it this way, would not have much success. It will, surely enough, attract a lot of people but would they ever come back or reach their blue belt? That's the question...

This is not the best time for Toribash to 'show up' because the only people who would be interested in it are the ones who have been looking for such a game for years and finally got a chance to play it. On the other hand, those, who just decided to open it and have a look at what's going on will never come back because of all glitches and lags. Starting from the start of their 'experience', from the training, they would think meh, it's a hard game to play, I will never reach level of those pro's in replays. They are forced to think they have to use hold joints and so on. Also, with all the servers running, a few hints for new players would be nice such as "You finished the tutorial, you're ready to go! Here's 1,000 ToriCredits for you. Test your skills in a <aikido> (or whatever) room and show them what you got but first, go in the ToriShop and buy yourself something!"

Socket error is another thing as well. Tourneys, hair and many other things. Developers would know what I'm talking about... I hope. I mean, I recommended Toribash to some of my friends from school and other places and that's what they said after trying it out so I'm not really making stuff up. I'm basing it on people's experiences. Coming back to those players who have been looking for Toribash, they would simply close their eyes on those minor and major glitches/lags.

Same as inviting someone to your house which is still in the building process.

~Garry

P.S. Despite all the bad comments people say about the following 'event', it's important to remember that hampa was the one who made this all and surely enough, he has a plan. I don't think any of you would create a game that would run for nearly 10 years and then randomly 'destroy' it. Hampa's got something there, that's for sure...
[Gangsters] RuBash
[TABD][Team Australia] RIP[Source]
º°À¾Ç Â࿸´°ÀË º°º¸µ ¾ ¸¿° ¾Ä°½° ´¾»¶½Ë ±ËÂÌ ½°¿¸Á°½Ë
° ÜÕÝï ÔÐÖÕ ÝÕ ÒßØáÐÛ, åãØáÐá~Tarlan