Ranking
Originally Posted by pusga View Post
i don't see what's so wrong with that

There isn't anything wrong with that. it's not really that flashy and they're
pretty easy to make. Not to mentioned most of the movement when it comes
to grab dms look pretty bad.

Oops posted with the wrong account.

Also keoni, I'm assuming no one has posted on your whatever app thingy is because of what
hacks said. So maybe you should post a different/different replay(s)?
wow that
sucked
Originally Posted by NearlyDead View Post
There isn't anything wrong with that. it's not really that flashy and they're
pretty easy to make. Not to mentioned most of the movement when it comes
to grab dms look pretty bad.

that's like complaining about shovels, only reason i'd not do them is because i want to test myself.
oh yeah
Except we're not really talking about functionality, we're talking about cosmetics. grab dms can be good used right, and I'm certainly not against them. hell, I even like them. but again, it's all about the style.

So let me bring some short cnc down here because I'm going to be kinda busy today.

A replay was alright. The movement wasn't bad, except that end weird bit, but yeah. A personal nitpick is the grabbing before actually touching whatever you're going to grab. What I do if I grab stuff is I wait till around a frame away or some and then grabbb. I don't usually care about dms in replays as long as the movement is outstanding, but seriously you could get a lot more outta grabbing than you're attempting.

Fuck your shit again was alright, I suppose. The opener being essentially the same thing was kinda eh to start out. the first three punches were alright, though the decap seemed kinda weak. everything after that though kinda ruined it imo, the movement was pretty dang choppy, the arm movement especially. the little twist thing could have been positioned a little better, it looked kinda awkward. it kinda proves that by the quick chest twist thing that made it look meh.

I really like this last replay. the opener was.. different than the rest so that's nice. decap looked solid, awesome knee split awesome leg dm. great pose. this is the replay, man.

if it weren't for the other too sub par replays I'd be happy to let you in. no, sorry.
I came here to laugh at you
Fine, functionality. More functionality means more dms, and taking into account his style, more dms = prettier replays.
oh yeah
Ok, back again.
hurhur
Attached Files
Last edited by zeroback; Jun 23, 2013 at 09:36 PM.
[SyN][Enigma][Inquisition][CREAM][Evil]
Originally Posted by Hacks View Post
It's my turn to recruit, well ended today. But keoni109, I'm pretty sure I've seen that replay before. Everything up until the last hit. The last hit was a boomhit if i recall.
Can't call you out, because it was a year or 2 ago i saw that replay, and don't remember who it was by. Can't judge after seeing that, knowing i've seen it before

Ok, to clarify, none of these replays were made a year or two ago. I might have similar replays, but I donʻt have them anymore unfortunately. But these replays were all made within a couple months ago, including million dollar shot. I have used million dollar shot in my previous application, but I have edited the last kick (well, also the only kick) and the pose dramatically to add more flow to the replay.
Attached Files
Keoni Million Dollar Shot 3.rpl (172.1 KB, 22 views)
Keoni Hobbs Final.rpl (157.6 KB, 13 views)
Keoni Scissors2.rpl (125.8 KB, 12 views)
I am fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals
I think you need to wait a long time to apply again, TMinster.
Like, a long time.

Man I can't post with the right account ever, can I?
wow that
sucked
Can someone please look over my app? Thanks
I am fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals
Originally Posted by zeroback View Post
Ok, back again.
hurhur

A Grasshoppers prayer was nice, you clearly know how to control your body. You had great body control and speed. You ghosted your joints a bunch of time which is bad on self-spars. Only problem I really had here was that you reversed your direction a lot which ruined your flow.
All was innocent was nice at the beginning yet wasn't as good at the end. the opener and first two kicks were nice, they were really fast and decently powerful. The punch was really messy, you bashed uke's wrist against your head and the punch could've been more powerful. The double skeet was pretty nice as that's not done a lot. The complete reversal of your momentum to get to the glute broke your flow a lot. The flip to the groin separation was alright, but it took too long to get to the actual hit and it was fairly awkward.
Bloody shooting stars was nice. It had those long smooth openers that I really like, but you ruined the potential you had for big boomhits. It was smooth and flowed well, but it just didn't have anything special in it.
For now, no, you have the potential but you need to work on getting more power into your hits. You had the potential in all your replays to get boomhits but you just didn't manage to.
Originally Posted by keoni109 View Post
Ok, to clarify, none of these replays were made a year or two ago. I might have similar replays, but I donʻt have them anymore unfortunately. But these replays were all made within a couple months ago, including million dollar shot. I have used million dollar shot in my previous application, but I have edited the last kick (well, also the only kick) and the pose dramatically to add more flow to the replay.

Hobbs Final was alright. Flowed together decently, and you had nice power. Punch was nice and fast and the boomkick was generally the same. Liked the slow-fast-slow rhythm you had going on.
Million dollar shot had a big boomhit, yet it was seriously messy. Opener was also pretty simple. This replay isn't that great, the dms are great but it's far too messy.
Scissors was alright. Liked the double kick you got, but it should've been extended into something else. Replay seems far too plain and empty, as if there's an empty void in it.
No for now. You've got nice movements and dms, but you need to flesh out your style more.
Originally Posted by TMinster View Post
Ohay there

I think i improved I don't know.

You need to improve on everything Your replays have no style, they're pretty twitchy and you don't exactly know how to get big hits. All your replays are spam grab kicks at close range. Don't apply again for a long time. Considering your improvement from your previous app one month ago, you have a long road of work before you even come close.
No pls.
Originally Posted by Tyzy View Post
Pls

Nice replays.
Anthropology was great. Opener was pretty simple, yet I liked the dual hits you got at the beginning. Those made my day. I was expecting a chest boom, yet what you did was far more imaginative. The grab kick wasn't great, but the way you threw ukes arm into the air, skeeted it and then went in for a dm was great and unique.
I liked Dancing in the dark. The backwards setup for the cork was pretty nice. The gainer to cork looked nice, you got a decent amount of air and the spin was controlled. The landing wasn't the best but I still enjoyed the replay on a whole.
Darkness afoot was amazing. You had amazing body control and momentum. The constant movement and spins really made the replay and gave it that sense of amazing flow.
No from me, madmans were not up to my standards, they were unique and well-done. Tricking was too complicated, it had flow and looked nice. No body control or style.
Last edited by Dscigs; Jun 30, 2013 at 10:12 PM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
|Replay|ORMO|