Toribash
View Poll Results: What should be done to #nitro ?
Drop it.
5 Votes / 55.56%
Let it be.
3 Votes / 33.33%
What is IRC ?
1 Votes / 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

YoloSwagInABox's Application
EDIT: Please ignore

Hey all.

My name is YoloSwagInABox, I'm a Black belt with 1181 plays, and a 73% win rate, and I would be honored to be apart of such a highly skilled community such as Nitro.

A short bio of my life pertaining to Toribash, in 1998 I was born in Salone-De-Provence, France; where my father who was overseas met my mother and eventually had me. We moved to the US when I was 2 years old, where I was raised in California, and eventually, due to my father being a contractor at Beale AFB, I was introduced to computers, and eventually got into building computers as a hobby and gaming. When I was younger, I played mainly strategy games, such as the Total War series and Civilizations, two games that taught me a large portion of my vocabulary at the time. Later after discovering online games that were free, I came to Toribash, first playing it when I was 10 years old under the alias methos319, a name based around a cheat code in the game Empire Earth. The account methos319, is now currently retired, meaning I only play on it to practice, or I don't play on it at all. methos319 initially had success with high end play at it's height in 2012, reaching #16 global and #1 in Aikido. I later left due to wanting to pursue different games.

In 2013, I made this account originally as a joke, but after eventually playing this game while AFK mining in EvE online long enough, I ended up taking it up competitively again, then reached new achievements I felt I was completely capable of if I dedicated myself, with the goal of course playing my favorite mod, Aikido. Within a few months I brought in a 75% overall win rate over 1000 games, a feat I had not achieved before.

Last month I decided to take a dip back into Toribash, not taking it seriously until a week ago. While playing Aikido Big Dojo, a mod I struggle with since I've built my entire playstyle around countering lifts, I met a few guys from Nitro, who all played extremely well and gave me a challenge in my fights. Zalf gave me the suggestion of joining Nitro, something I usually decline due to not wanting to have dedicate time to another game. Though, this has changed, due to me quitting World of Tanks. A bit of backstory, in World of Tanks at my peak I ranked #6 in Experience per battle (score) in the North American Leaderboard for recents. I'm also a player who is playing in Silver League currently, which is the eSports scene of World of Tanks, which after the season is done, I will drop World of Tanks completely.

Anyways, continuing on, I've decided to return to Toribash, and also have decided to strive back for my former ranks of hovering around 100-300 global, and #1 in Aikido.

Currently in wake of my inactivity, and with the Steam release, my ranks have adjusted down to 2496 global , and 98 in Aikido, and the few games I've played over the past year have adjusted my win rate down to 73%. But fear not, I'm shaking off all that rust, and have started getting scores I feel are acceptable, pulling win rates of 70%+. I'm currently grinding back for my high ranks playing Aikido and Big Dojo mainly, I do play some Lenshu and Greykido every once in a while as well.

Due to formatting my computer 4 times since the last time I've truly played, I have none of my spar or parkour replays, or many replays at all. Though I could produce one for you if you feel is necessary tomorrow if you guys would like. I'm also trying to get in contact with a few players I used to know over Skype, asking if they still have our spar and parkour replays. Below I've added a few replays that I do have since I've reinstalled Toribash a month ago.

Also if you feel my username is not what you would like to see in Nitro, I will gladly change it.

Thank you for your consideration.
Last edited by YoloSwagInABox; Jul 17, 2015 at 09:07 AM. Reason: Restructuring some sentences
I say yes may I play you ingame?
"We cannot tear out a single page of our life, but we can throw the whole book in the fire"
Originally Posted by Zalf View Post
I say yes may I play you ingame?

Sure, I'm currently talking to an old friend of mine who is getting me the replays, afterwards I'll find you in-game if that's alright with you.

EDIT: I have to practice today for a match we have later this week with my team, I'll find you later tonight or tommorow, sorry for the delay.
Last edited by YoloSwagInABox; Jul 17, 2015 at 04:39 AM.
what a beautiful application, usually i will judge name too but i don't give a fuck you could have mcnigglets as a name you would still get in good sir.
"I don't need a safety word because my mother didn't raise no quitter." ~BaraYaoi - BDSM Expert
that took dedication right there but i have to wait for others to respond before i make my decision
Chab>What a dead game
bgjames1>I like WhiteF719
i was on skype for a long time but thinkfast is the real og when it comes to skype
Chab>What a dead game
bgjames1>I like WhiteF719
Originally Posted by Mater5001 View Post
Virus got part of what I mean.

And I have been here close to a year also (sorta), although without being active skype wise. I think we should 1. rework the ranks' names (except for leader rank because cmon). Rather than be army ranks, they should be funny personalized ranks, so that there is one big section, and then the leaders. For example, suppose I did something really funny that everyone in the clan had a good laugh at and will remember, my rank would be changed to "Clan Clown", etc. At the moment, I don't think the "ranks" matter except for leader. I really don't think they should matter, just so that we can be friends, so can we plzzz make the ranks funny and cool?

I will definitely check up on the inactivity and such, but I'm still not sure on completely changing the rank names; might need some more ideas first before I can start to be persuaded.
"Valt, no offence but i'm better than all of nitro apart from maybe azzeff who's around the same..." -Verzox 2015
Originally Posted by bgjames1 View Post
i was on skype for a long time but thinkfast is the real og when it comes to skype

i was the real og when it came to skype
also, i never liked the idea of personalized ranks
don't do it
~valterain
Valterain1 was defeated by hermaphrodite on Oct 17, 2015.
So after playing for a full day, my rank has been merged 3 times...

Twice for global, one in the morning and one recently, and my Aikido rank was merged with challenged from WAPOW down to 700...

I feel like I'm not at where I should be, and I have to ask you to decline my application. Sorry for wasting your time.