Toribash
Originally Posted by Lushsmoke View Post
Thanks for the tips... I will do better next time

I'm sure you will.
Best of luck.
I can give this another shot. :/

Sleep: Very small manipulation, maybe. Plus small chest hit and decap.
CS2: An edited version of another replay of mine. Skeet + some hits.
Sorrows2: Just a madman and a skeet.
Attached Files
Skolfe ~ Sleep.rpl (116.1 KB, 49 views)
Skolfe ~ Sorrows v.2.rpl (320.6 KB, 45 views)
Last edited by Skolfe; Mar 29, 2013 at 01:13 PM.
Skolfe:

You're definately good, and you know what you're doing.

The thing is, your movements aren't that great. They're choppy and they aren't very smooth, I guess you could say.

I think you should come back in a little while, after you've worked on refining those movements. Though I do love those booms. Very big booms.
I agree.
You definitely know how to dm, but your movement seems sloppy and either too stiff or over-laxed.

Try to have a balance between hold and relax and work more on your flow.
Also, do not forget to edit your mistakes, if you don't, the replay just looks random.
Originally Posted by Skolfe View Post
I can give this another shot. :/

Sleep: Very small manipulation, maybe. Plus small chest hit and decap.
CS2: An edited version of another replay of mine. Skeet + some hits.
Sorrows2: Just a madman and a skeet.

Overall like Wesmrocks and chamara said.
But Sorrows v.2 was pretty likeable, try to make that kind of replay again.
No for now
"People become stronger cause there are memories they won't forget."
Re-applying!

3 fresh SP replays
Flowing River:I made this replay with the intent to flow through uke's body, leaving him in shambles beneath the river's current.
Matrix: Running to Uke like an angry drunk, I deceivingly change gears and give him a little surprise. Followed by two more fury-filled blows.
Dirt Nap: Uke and I were playing a nice game of catch, but after he failed to catch my head, I became angry with him and threw the remainder of his body into the sunset.

I don't know why I described my replays like that, but I hope you enjoyed it, as well as the replays themselves.
Attached Files
Flowing River.rpl (248.0 KB, 30 views)
Matrix.rpl (176.4 KB, 23 views)
Dirt Nap.rpl (209.4 KB, 26 views)
Fuck 17april, I'm here.

Flowing river;
Pretty mediocre opener, probably used hundreds of times by replaymakers. However, the speed you got was pretty impressing. The speed loss on the core boom was a let down though. Your leg movement after the boom was weird, so it looked weak and a bit messy. Torso boom was nice, but it wasn't interesting at all and you were slow. Crotch kick and pose were neat.
Pretty nice replay overall, would be alot better if it was no-grab.
Not saying that I didn't appreciate the efficient grab though.

Matrix;
Really lazy opener :/. But damn, that spin got you a hell lot of momentum, and you used it really well, good job on that. The torso punch was really nicely done, but after that you should've done some mindufck spin and then destroyed the torso, because that setup is just preecioouuuss. Torso kick was just bad, not interesting plus weird body movement. You know how to get fast, and you know how to dm uke correctly but you can't think out of the box. Think of your opportunities that your setup gave you, and pick the one you think would look the best.
One other thing, don't try to make your movement look like a fancy replaymakers', try to find your own style. Get influenced, don't imitate.

Dirt nap;
Now this, I like. Nice idea and excecution. Even though the head skeet was really low ranged, I liked the idea. The hits afterwards were really nice, considering that moving without your head is harder and more unusual.

You have improved alot since I last saw your replays. You're amazing at dm'ing and gaining momentum, but your replays contain nothing new, everything you've don was done before. Originality is a dominant factor in replaymaking (in my opinion), if you don't know shit about movement but you make replays noone has ever thought of making you'll be considered a really good replaymaker.
So my vote, for now, is apathy.
I'll let another recruiter vote on you.
Ah thanks for it Chammy but since you're apathy.

Flowing river: In my point of view, I would say the opener was pretty good, the speed and movement that you did after it was also interesting, Loooked quite fluid. The first hit was good but to be honest I didn't like your aim. The hit was again, good. But it didn't impress me so much to be honest. Still liked how you kept your balance though. Pose could be done better in that position.

Matrix: Like Chamara said, lazy opener. The run was alright and the spin make you got momentum and it was good. Split was nice and the punch was really good in my opinion, even it was a bit messy for my taste. The transition to the next kick was nothing wrong and the torso kick was nice for me, your body movement was actually not that weird though, but still a bit from what i can see. Pose was nicely done.

dirt Nap: The opener was lovely, loved the idea. The decap was actually pretty simple but it was quite good and unique. The next kick was pretty good, Liked how you can controlled your body after the kick. The transition to the last punch wasn't that interesting and the punch byitself was nothing special. You ghosted your feet it didn't look good imo. for the end of the replay it can be done better. You should run, get the head then put it back into your head., it will be more interesting.

Well Lucid, you're realy good, show me 1 more replay and I'll give my final desicion.
"People become stronger cause there are memories they won't forget."
This apathy stuff has to stop, the chances of it really being apathy are tiny, yet it happens all the time. It should could as a no, since you're still lacking something important (otherwise it would be a yes).
oh yeah
Hm, now I wish I would have chosen different replays to submit, if it is uniqueness I am lacking.
Anyway, here's a very different replay for ya' April.
I just finished the skeet and pose earlier today, so I am sorry if it looks rushed.
Hope this changes a few of you guys' minds
Attached Files
Little Boxes.rpl (311.2 KB, 65 views)