Ranking
Originally Posted by Tor1g0d View Post
Whoops, is that pre-coded?

Sort of. It doesn't have the ability to export to flash files, in any case.
<~suomynona> TITS OR ELEELETH
Pretty much. But even if i could export as .swf, there'd be copyright issues (music mostly) preventing me from earning any dosh on this. And then there's Chartle, who'd definitely deserve a slice of the cake too.

@torismaser: Thanks! Also yes, we definitely need bombs of some sort. Whether that be mines or screen-clearing nukes i don't know, but we'll see how it pans out.

@Wyvernon: I don't really have room for MK3 upgrades. :U
Also nah, too many difficulties just clutter up the area. I MIGHT make a difficulty slider later on, but for now, the current 5 difficulties serve the purpose.
Powerups? Nay, i want to keep this game powerup-free. They're too random, i don't want the players performance to depend on chance.

Also, tutorial? Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... The integrated ones. Mostly the Scrolling Shooter one for this, but i didn't even bother completing that one. I started this game completely from scratch though, only referencing the tutorial for the bare essentials. Otherwise it's mostly been me dicking around with the functions to find out what they do, and subsequently wrestling them into submission.

also wargh

JET SMOKE MAN
<Blam|Homework> oiubt veubg
various places to find me lol
Thanks! Also working on that central part now.

New descriptions and silliness too. Not quite sure what to put in that display on the left, but probably either symbols indicating the upgrades state, or a relevant graphic.

Anyhoo, when i finish this GUI update, imma grab hold of Chartle so we can distribute the major tasks ahead.

Also.
New descriptions and silliness are pretty nice.
About the bombs idea though, I feel that nukes would be an overkill.
Even if you do want to include nukes, make them really hard to obtain, because i like this game more when its hard. :U
Last edited by torismaser; Jul 1, 2012 at 06:04 PM.
I just realised I have the stupidest name in the forum
Oh ya, due to all-purchase-available bug
I am able to reach level 8 on EPIC MAN MODE >:c
Not bad

Also, did you made this yourself ?
Or you used some tutorial help ? If so, could i have a tutorial for this
I'd like to make a similar game ( Vertical shooter )

Oh, and could i see some ship sprite ?
I won't steal it, i just need reference
Please bring back Organiζations board
Originally Posted by Wyverneon View Post
Oh ya, due to all-purchase-available bug
I am able to reach level 8 on EPIC MAN MODE >:c
Not bad but that's cheating :c

Also, did you made this yourself ? yes, up until level 9 anyways, Chartle joined in after that (also music and current main menu background NOT by me, see credits)
Or you used some tutorial help ? If so, could i have a tutorial for this
I'd like to make a similar game ( Vertical shooter ) very little, only for references in the very beginning

Oh, and could i see some ship sprite ? potentially
I won't steal it, i just need reference i sure hope so :U

Ayup. Also conclusive proof that i'm working in Game Maker, if you hadn't noticed the start-up loader anyways.

@torismaser: Aye, i agree. Nukes, if any, should come at quite a price, since they'd potentially earn the player a LOT of cash (and make the game much easier). MAYBE a souped up form of super shot (cone of kill everything?) that fries your reactor for the rest of the level and applies a repair fee for said reactor, or maybe have such a shot temporarily short out the weapon you fired it with. That is, if we make it happen at all. It's likely that super shots will take on the properties of the relevant weapon soon (somehow, anyways), so it might not even be necessary. (read: SPREAD SUPER SPLINTER)

also new main menu is done

Now to finish up the last few shop things, and i give green light to Chartle. I probably won't be doing a whole lot of developing after that until the 24th, since i'll be in Iceland from 9th-24th.
And I'll be gone from the 16th until the first of August so not much going to happen in that period either.
[o]|ORMO|Replay thread!
Last edited by Chartle; Tomorrow at 13:37 AM..
I must say, I really enjoy the look of that menu ui.
Sigma | Gata
Lost pet looking for home