Toribash
Drawing on the sphere and using those lines as guidelines is what I used to do.
Some others like to make the canvas width twice as wide.

Drawing on the sphere gives the highest quality, though.
Fr3styL . Improving by Improvising
I'm an artist.
Originally Posted by Rooyall View Post
Most of the texture makers are used to the distortion, and they know where to draw things and how to make them to look good on the head.
OR
They just draw on a 3d sphere in photoshop so they don't have to deal with that.

Originally Posted by AlphasoniK View Post
Drawing on the sphere and using those lines as guidelines is what I used to do.
Some others like to make the canvas width twice as wide.

Drawing on the sphere gives the highest quality, though.

Alright! Thank you very much both of you =)

One last question, is it possible to manage 3d sphere in CS3?
Last edited by Jahman; Sep 29, 2012 at 07:58 PM.
As far as I know it's only possible in CS4 extended and above.

Hmm I see. I tryed to make the sphere but I only could do it in 2D.

Thanks Roo =)
Originally Posted by AlphasoniK View Post
I believe GIMP can do it too.

In CS3 I can create a 3d looking sphere with the eliptical marquee tool, then spherizing, but I cannot rotate it or anything, its like a 3d looking image but it's 2d actually.

And on GIMP all I can get from tutorials on the net is how to draw a 3d looking sphere, using shadows and such, but not how to actually create it with volume, and draw on it.

Of course I'm confused about this because I only know basic things about designing.

Maybe if it¡s not too bothering you can give some instructions on how to create the ball and draw on it?
Well I'm not sure.. I have never used GIMP before but I thought some of the guys in GATA told me they could draw on the sphere as well.
I've always used Photoshop.
Fr3styL . Improving by Improvising
I'm an artist.
Does anyone of you could ever made a translucent (partial transparent color) texture?

I mean, it can be made at the designing program but when exported and uploaded to toribash it doesn't work. I've tried exporting it to PNG, and GIF but didn'¡t work. Any ideas?
Originally Posted by Jahman View Post
Does anyone of you could ever made a translucent (partial transparent color) texture?

I mean, it can be made at the designing program but when exported and uploaded to toribash it doesn't work. I've tried exporting it to PNG, and GIF but didn'¡t work. Any ideas?

As far as I know ( same old line xD ) it's not possible to have partially transparent textures. I've also never seen any. So imo only full colors or full transparent textures are possible.
EDIT: http://forum.toribash.com/showthread...=290535&page=2
Maybe since then things changed but not sure.
As far as I know ( same old line xD ) it's not possible to have partially transparent textures. I've also never seen any. So imo only full colors or full transparent textures are possible.
EDIT: http://forum.toribash.com/showthread...=290535&page=2
Maybe since then things changed but not sure.

Thanks a lot friend =) Now I'v thinking, I've seen a somewhat partially transparent, not technically but almost it was, made in a very ingenious way indeed. I'll try to make it then I'll see if it works.

Basically it is a full transparent let's say 128x128 texture square, but with a mesh of color dots. The mesh is so close that the final result looks interesting.

I mean, something like this but imagine each point is 1 pixel, and each space 1 pixel, and the second line starts 1 pixel to the right (the forum posting system automatically moves it to the left):

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

and so on.