Endurance Onslaught 6.0
awsome filipe

btw i managed to figure out how to make the rig for my tori model

also i made a few changes which make replacing textures easier

the rig will have FK/IK controllers

when i finish it i will release it in the forum with a video explaining how it works

also i closed my thread "wip working on tori model etc"

here's my tori model with my textures

FK/IK rig coming soon! (edit: probably it will take a while lol weights are fucked) - Edit2: Wohoo i learnt how to use weight paint properly xD i managed to make the arm rig to work properly tomorrow i will work on the full rig then the controllers

for those who dont know
fk - forward kinematics
ik - inverse kinematics
if im not mistaken

ps: the model is "Hold All" thats why he is buff
Last edited by extremerun; Jul 25, 2011 at 10:46 PM.
Belt: 10th Dan ; Clan: JollyR
Orgs: ORMO, Portugal Organization and T3AL
Very nice extreme, I'm still trying to figure how to do the uv maps, but I'll do it ;)
Ohhh and nice to see you're using weight paint too :P
Last edited by filipe994; Dec 1, 2011 at 01:06 PM.
i think you should have made the arms rig disconnected from the body rig (with parenting "keep offset") and made the pecs rig only covering half of them for more realistic contraction

i will explain better when i make mine
I modeled the person from Journey (thatgamecompany). It's not out yet but it looks cool

Journey

(And yes I have to fix some proportions and some of the model is wrong (eg there should be a split in the front of the cloak, and I am going to remove the scarf))
Last edited by Gorman; Jul 26, 2011 at 04:16 PM.
nice job gorman

i went searching for this game to compare your model to the real one.

they are very similar

btw about my tori model

the rig is starting to work ^^

arms and pecs are rigged with correct weights (no constraints or fk/ik yet)
when i finish the entire rig i will start putting the constraints and controllers for better workflow on animations and poses

edit2: chest, lumbar, abs, neck (in other words the body) is rigged with correct weights and working nicely
Last edited by extremerun; Jul 26, 2011 at 04:59 PM.
Originally Posted by aerox21 View Post
Gorman you totally need to record your modeling and/or teach me everything you know!

This one is really just a cylinder and some cuts and such :P
I may record one tho, that sounds fun

Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
Interesting model, Gorman. You really do need to re-learn rigging XD

How did you texture that?

Thx :P
Texturing was pretty simple, I just systematically went through selecting the polys I wanted, and UVing them.
For the face I grabbed the whole face at once, then moved the UVs so they were on top of each other, then moved them to the right spot.

For the repedative stuff like the bottom of the cloak I selected them all and moved the UVs on top of each other, then moved them to the trim on the texture.

The texture itself is just some simple pixel art, but the face was "painted" rather than pixeled. It is just a grey splodge with some dark bits and eyes after all!
Had an idea using booleans today.

Fired up 3ds Max and this is what happened.

Originally Posted by Everybody
What is that Spartan?

Well, I took a sphere, put a cube inside, and used the Boolean subtract operation to basically 'subtract' the cube from the sphere. Think of it this way.
I had a solid sphere, then hollowed it out in the shape of a cube. Applyed some water material, reflective ground, and did a quick (still like 4 min) render.

Anybody like?

Also rendered this while the window was open

<Crooked> I'd say spartan, cause if he's tough enough to digest ungodly amounts of alcohol he clearly has the best body
i like the effect
seems a bit weird in a few parts but its nice

btw

my tori rig is almost complete

just added FK/IK controls, now im going to script (with help of a video) to make the controls more easy to acess.

i still need to put some constraints on rotation though