Toribash
Originally Posted by Natejas View Post
Make sure you get in lots of cardio, A mile a day is what I do and it's honestly easy so dont be scared away by the idea. No need to sprint but definitely sweat. I'd also say look into calisthenics, build strength, build a great body, little to no equipment and it can be done practically anywhere. Since you're on a budget I'm not going to give you a stack of supplements that you should use but you should definitely invest in some Amino Acids and Creatine, I'd recommend , Micronized Creatine over Monohydrate, more surface area so more actually gets taken in. Increase water intake, atleast a gallon a day. Getting a good diet is also important, I dont care what anybody says. Get a BMR calculator(find one online or something) and try to work your daily calorie intake around that. Cardio will also burn more calories as well so take that into factor as well. Anymore questions I'll gladly answer.

I've only taken like 3 biology classes, but
I'm p sure creatine adds something at least that increases atp which is what you need to get through to start burning fat. I don't see how creatine will help you lose weight or make you stronger. It gives you rapid energy and swells your muscles up a bit which is true, but the atp thats doing that will be in the way of burning that unwanted fat. It would be a waste of time basically imo. Creatine is there to make you look big. ;/ Micronized creatine can help you with sugar problems if you have those lol.

Nice try, but I sense redundancy in the all mighty creatine. As for supplements, most things that give you energy will just make you burn through it to get to the fat. Good for muscle and probably strength building, not great for fat removal.
Last edited by Link; Jul 6, 2016 at 10:37 AM.
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.
The creatine acts like the Amino's in a way to keep gains. They both help delay the break down of muscle tissue. Amino's are responsible for almost all things physique such as energy, recovery, muscle hypertrophy, fat loss, and strength gains. Creatine is made and pumped throuighout the body(primarily through the liver) because of aminos ( arginine, glycine and methionine). This is why I say creatine is a necessary supplement. Creatine has nothing to do with that "pumped" look. I feel like youre talking more along the lines of Nitrates and such. I'm no bodybuilder nor expert but with experience with Creatine I recommend it as I've been using it with a fat loss plan and seen great results. Could blame the success on the fat loss plan, might be better without creatine but while using it I still see perfect results so I still recommend it. Plus Creatine is proven to increase overall strength and endurance so why not have that extra little boost?
But yeah do you fam

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/drobson181.htm
Little read to back up the creatine claims.
Last edited by Natejas; Jul 6, 2016 at 11:07 AM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
~ raku ~ Team Girl Scouts ~ Clan League 2013 Champion ~ Duelist ~
Prince
Fucking
Ravioli
Originally Posted by Link View Post
I've only taken like 3 biology classes, but
I'm p sure creatine adds something at least that increases atp which is what you need to get through to start burning fat. I don't see how creatine will help you lose weight or make you stronger. It gives you rapid energy and swells your muscles up a bit which is true, but the atp thats doing that will be in the way of burning that unwanted fat. It would be a waste of time basically imo. Creatine is there to make you look big. ;/ Micronized creatine can help you with sugar problems if you have those lol.

Nice try, but I sense redundancy in the all mighty creatine. As for supplements, most things that give you energy will just make you burn through it to get to the fat. Good for muscle and probably strength building, not great for fat removal.

The creatine acts like the Amino's in a way to keep gains. They both help delay the break down of muscle tissue. Amino's are responsible for almost all things physique such as energy, recovery, muscle hypertrophy, fat loss, and strength gains. Creatine is made and pumped throuighout the body(primarily through the liver) because of aminos ( arginine, glycine and methionine). This is why I say creatine is a necessary supplement. Creatine has nothing to do with that "pumped" look. I feel like youre talking more along the lines of Nitrates and such. I'm no bodybuilder nor expert but with experience with Creatine I recommend it as I've been using it with a fat loss plan and seen great results. Could blame the success on the fat loss plan, might be better without creatine but while using it I still see perfect results so I still recommend it. Plus Creatine is proven to increase overall strength and endurance so why not have that extra little boost?
But yeah do you fam

Because supplements and exact nutrition are totally the right thing to focus on when a person is just trying to get into regular shape. Why talk about simple exercise and boring old healthy eating,
WHEN YOU CAN START ARGUING ABOUT CREATINE! Gotta confuse the OP by talking about supplements. Right babe?
Last edited by cowmeat; Jul 6, 2016 at 11:14 AM.
Originally Posted by cowmeat View Post
Because supplements and exact nutrition are totally the right thing to focus on when a person is just trying to get into regular shape. You know, why talk about simple exercise and healthy eating.
WHEN YOU CAN START ARGUING ABOUT CREATINE! Gotta confuse the OP by talking about supplements. Right babe?

Lol It's not like we even touched on macros, I really think supplements are important for losing weight and getting in shape but this could just be me. I honestly believe they could play an essential role in a weight lose plan.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Prince
Fucking
Ravioli
Lol It's not like we even touched on macros, I really think supplements are important for losing weight and getting in shape but this could just be me. I honestly believe they could play an essential role in a weight lose plan.

Well I think that if you eat lean meat, some god damn veggies and exercise regularly, that's all most people will ever need. I doubt the average person ever needs more than what they get from proper food. I get if you want to get shredded and actually be super fit sure, then the discussion about supplementation might be in place. But I don't think talking about supplements is the right way to forward the discussion about OP trying to get into shape.
Last edited by cowmeat; Jul 6, 2016 at 11:22 AM.
I see what you mean nate. I guess it could act as something that breaks down fat itself. Didn't look at it that way, but it still can also get in the way of a cardio work out. That's a factor.

@cowmeat: We are trying to recommend drugs to people. This is an educated argument over something interesting and helpful imo.

@RAWWHR, simple this turned into a long summary:

Energy and fat loss:
Quick energy comes in carbs and sugars. You're body will burn off what hasn't turned to fat before anything else. By keeping that in mind, you need a way to burn off the fat in the areas that need it. Blood, nutrience, etc flows all over the body. The simple solution to this dilemma would be to work out every part of your body you can so you can break all the carbs and sugars quicker and get to the fat. Yes, burning fat is the part where you feel like dying. That's what it is. Energy can come in many forms. Fat hurts the most and that's THE ENERGY you need to get rid of, so pumping yourself with coffee or some mix will not help that. Some supplements may help burn fat for you, but beware of the catches and side effects. (for the record, creatine is basically harmless. I would research it, but if what nate says is true, go for it!)

Protien:
This is basically what heals/helps build yourself. Consume it after workouts for a quicker and more healthier rejuvenation. It's just stuff I don't really need to talk too much about.

Calories, food, etc:
It's all energy. Burn it or it turns into fat or it's used. Some metabolisms are worse than others so the energy might not be used and is stored as fat. Cutting back on your diet logically would prevent that, but it's definitely not something you should fret over. Put more effort into burning the energy rather than avoiding it. Your body needs it for work outs. People who do large diets should work out less actualy so they have energy to stand, but that ends up having your muscle being eaten away and other things. So, logically, diet if you don't need some energy your consuming, but don't hurt yourself. By the way, if you want to gain muscle, consume calories after workouts with protein. Calories are the building blocks and the protien is the builder, but if you gain muscle, you'll need more energy and calories, etc. You're physically bigger.

Strength for you:
This is not actualy defined as muscle mass. You can be super strong without gaining much. It is possible, I promise. I would wait to gain until after you cut down fat for reasons above.(fat people with big muscles look even fatter if that's an issue for you lol) A lot of skinnier-type strength has things to do with muscle development, compaction, and diet. Lifting light or your own body weight will keep muscles healing and getting physically stronger without the need to get bigger and thus helping reduce your need for the intake of calories aswell. (works with that burning fag thing)

All and all:
No one is saying anything wrong really. Go about it in the way you deem fit, but research the facts about the human body so you can make an educated decision.

Holy shit wtf is wrong with me ^ YOU WANT A FITNESS NUT? HOW ABOUT AN ARROGANT FITNESS NUT?!
Last edited by Link; Jul 6, 2016 at 11:56 AM.
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.
Originally Posted by Skizzify View Post
Also, OP asked for cheaper protein sources that could help him out. I don't think he wants to buy $37 creatine.

Fight me m8

Originally Posted by cowmeat View Post
Well I think that if you eat lean meat, some god damn veggies and exercise regularly, that's all most people will ever need. I doubt the average person ever needs more than what they get from proper food. I get if you want to get shredded and actually be super fit sure, then the discussion about supplementation might be in place. But I don't think talking about supplements is the right way to forward the discussion about OP trying to get into shape.

Well sure if you want to spend more on getting a diet and take an even longer time to reach your goals sure go all natural. Supplements aren't just for getting "shredded", lol I really dont know how you see supplements but I see them as afforadable shortcuts that are more convenient than proper dieting plus it saves a lot of time. Not only that but the supplements I mentioned aren't even for getting big it's just so OP doesnt have to lose any gains if he rest for a little bit. And no gains aren't important but in the long run these supplements are going to be super beneficial, especially if he has trouble with staying active and sticking to his plan.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Prince
Fucking
Ravioli
Oh jeeze, ok, a lot of information to take from.

Few things, I'm not extremely overweight or anything, think more out of shape. I'm big belly.

So what should I focus on first? Like I said, there is a lot of info here so it's hard to pinpoint what's the best action to start with.

Also, my phone has Shealth, which actually will help you calculate calorie intake and what not.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]