Toribash
maybe another staff member would handle these situations differently, i tend to prefer sorting issues out by talking to said member in question - whether that be a staff member or regular user. i can't speak for solax or anyone else, but i'm pretty lenient when it comes to bans and the like. personally i don't think what kyure did is severe enough for us to strip his positions and ban him, would have personally done the same thing to anyone else in the exact situation as him right now. in my opinion, banning someone for said amount of time for unclear purposes is worse than contacting them (especially if they're newer or don't have a history of fucking up) and sorting out the situation, user in question generally tends to fuck up less as well. clearly he's on a tight rope in terms of fucking up, but you guys need to realize that i'm generally the one handling his complaints and i tend to talk with users about problems before advancing to a ban (unless said user is impossible to contact and i need their attention immediately which usually results in a ban for investigation purposes, kyure is always on irc so it's just as easy to handle it there).

feel free to refute any of my points, but that's how i stand on current issues. like i've said, i don't think anything he's done is severe enough to warrant much action like stated prior in the thread (he hasn't gotten away clean with any of these issues, either), but staff members generally have their own unique way of handling issues.
Last edited by Faint; Mar 9, 2016 at 01:59 AM.
Could you address this point Link made? Not starting shit (I feel like I always have to preface my posts with this), but I'm wondering if there's been any consideration about the effect his 'outcast' status has on the community he serves and the interactions he has with them. I feel like a lot of the problem has to do with his communication/presentation skills (same goes for any staff that end up similar situations like this).
Originally Posted by Link View Post
I also don't think it's good for the community enviorment to have staff who get these problems all the time and become outcasts within the user base.

Originally Posted by Ele View Post
Could you address this point Link made? Not starting shit (I feel like I always have to preface my posts with this), but I'm wondering if there's been any consideration about the effect his 'outcast' status has on the community he serves and the interactions he has with them. I feel like a lot of the problem has to do with his communication/presentation skills (same goes for any staff that end up similar situations like this).

no problem, i didn't think it was worth addressing as i didn't think it needed to be stated but i'll give my opinion on it. as it stands, kyure should be upholding staff professionalism and it is expected of him to do so just like any other staff member. staff members, like any other user, are free to do what they like in their own private spaces (so long as it upholds said professionalism without going too overboard), but when in a public space or representing the toribash staff, they are held to a higher degree. as far as i am aware (from what has been brought to my attention), i think that kyure has handled the negativity fairly well and, to my knowledge, hasn't done anything wrong in terms of personal interaction with the user base (maybe aside from not leaving a server when asked to in the past, already talked to him about that though). also might be good to remember that this is all to my personal knowledge, no negative behavior or connotations of the occurrence have been brought up to me personally so i may not be the best person to ask.
Hi. I don't see too much of a problem. Kyure has made mistakes here and there; that is true. However, it's not like he neglects his job and/or simply refuses to fix things. He doesn't complain or argue. He is straightfoward, and takes full responsibility for his mistakes.

Whats wrong with that?

On the other hand, he seriously needs to be more careful in the future; I feel a good talk w/ fellow staff and future guidance would be the best for him and the community. Why rob us of a perfectly capable staff member, when we can help him out, support him, and benefit from his hard work...

Banning him won't really help anything. Just one less bro on the field.

-

Not commenting to anyone in specific, just my opinions on the topic.
-----
Regarding rules, I was a staff member in a few gaming servers and communities; I go by the book 100% of the time. That means, no one will complain about exceptions and being unfair. Just make sure you guys go by the book on stuff like this.

If a ban is indeed the suitable punishment for said offense, it would be best to stick with it...

But that's just common sense :P
Last edited by FruitCandy; Mar 9, 2016 at 02:58 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by Demon View Post
and reporting him will get me "he's new staff don't worry!" from faint

Originally Posted by Divine View Post
I'm all for "they're new and will get better" if they actually get better.

If you guys want to have a whine about it then it'd be good if you're whining at least somewhat accurately.

You seem determined to pin the cancel bets issue(s) on what we have said about him before - being new to the role and making natural mistakes etc. That reasoning has nothing at all whatsoever to do with the cancel bets cases.

First case:
Solved by hanz0 - deemed that the cancel was done for a valid reason. So this, while I guess it's a valid complaint thread, wasn't a valid complaint at the end of the day. Shit dawg, no mention of the new/learning reasoning.

Second case:
Solved by Faint - chose to forgive Kyure for his mistake after he appologised and rectified the incident. Shit dawg, no mention of the new/learning reasoning.

So yea, if you want to complain then at least make sure you're doing it about the right thing. You shit away all legitimacy to your case when you clearly* haven't even comprehended the reasons and differences between various incidents.
If you want to complain about something then imo the only thing you could maybe have a shot at is double standards between staff and users treatment - and Faint has already cleared that up mostly I think.

*For citation see the earlier parts of this post.
Solax hanz0 didnt even post these "screens" that shows that kyure was in the right.

are we just supposed to take his word for it or what
I used to rule the world , Seas would rise when I gave the word.
Now in the morning I sleep alone ; I Sweep the streets I used to own.
Originally Posted by Necessity View Post
Solax hanz0 didnt even post these "screens" that shows that kyure was in the right.

are we just supposed to take his word for it or what

Fair point, I assume he'd be glad to provide them if requested for transparency/trust.

Still, doesn't change the fact that the argument being used here doesn't relate to the case(s) at all - which is all I wanted to point out.
I asked him to show me the screens and he never replied (i asked a few days ago.) If you can get your hands on them, please feel free to share.
-----
I dont understand why the staff keep backing up Kyure.

1.) He has done wrongful canceling bets more than once. (I've heard three, but know of only 2) But because he "apologized" which was more like paying someone off, he got let off the hook. Ok first off, wtf, why is no one else given this opportunity? Second off, you should have realized after the first one that there is something going on.

2.) God those reports. Case closed. You might say there isn't evidence, but it is clearly there in each and everyone of them.

3.) Please for the love of god stop blaming his fuck ups on "he is still learning" its had its effect, but 1 month? Really? I mean I would like to hope you wouldn't be that learning deficient but Hey, who am I to judge.
Last edited by parrot; Mar 9, 2016 at 07:25 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
I used to rule the world , Seas would rise when I gave the word.
Now in the morning I sleep alone ; I Sweep the streets I used to own.