Toribash
Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
I am an absolute monster with support so far. I have an L86 with a few modifications(100 ammo mag + bipod + muzzle suppressor) and holy shit I am literally carrying games solo.

I run APS(the shield thing), and basically, what I do is, I use it in order to break their ranks then I get behind cover and spray flaming lead down their throats. My highest kill streak so far has been like 14, then I ran out of ammo(both the pistol and the l86)

I really hate playing against snipers but i've learned the maps well enough to know where I should push to make their lives hell. Like, in Metro, I know to push up to the base of the stairs to remove their line of sight(after taking C with the shield)

this game has serious esport potential

Smashing through like a tank is pretty much the right way to play it :> You'll have to have your back covered as they'll try to slip in (mostly cloaked snipers) and take you from behind, or from whatever direction by surprise - hitting fast. Once you get the hang of it, support is likely the easiest of roles to play, as well as the most important (even there are only 3 classes and others have their perks). There are mods for devices as well, but i haven't dared spend money on them as long as i can handle things without them. They'll probably give an extra edge as well. I've started using Blackout recently, it's pretty fun :d.
But why's the rum gone? :v
I still don't understand what blackout does, lol. I like the whole "I have 100 ammo and a shield you can't penetrate unless you're right next to me" deal. Also, with a bipod, the l86 is stupidly accurate, like, you can go full auto and there is basically no spread or recoil.
Hoss.
blackout is good for counter shield and countering stealth. Also blocks radar. All in all very good, but a bit more subtle than shield :P

I might start running again but the lag sucks pretty bad. It's not balanced to be lag independant, good ping gives a huge advantage sadly.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff