Toribash
Originally Posted by green14 View Post
"my foot was injured very severely a few months ago"
-----
I never asked if you've killed people or ripped peoples heads off, I what I meant was I think Toribash has improved my reflexes and hand eye coordination, (Playing games like Skate 2)
I mentioned my handicap because I expected to lose each time we wrestled because of a weaker foot, maybe the foot isn't as weak as I thought it'd be, I'm not sure.

If you want better hand eye coordination, you need to do something which actually involves hand eye coordination. Video games are not a way to do this. You may get good at moving a mouse pointer over a tori, but that's not going to do anything to stop you from injuring your foot further. You're better off not fighting at all.
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
If you want better hand eye coordination, you need to do something which actually involves hand eye coordination. Video games are not a way to do this.

Get your facts straight.

http://voices.yahoo.com/do-videogame...n-2610434.html

http://dependablevideogames.wordpres...-coordination/
~Rainbow Belt|[Tint]|Rank 32~
\:D/ RAINBOW PANDAAAAA \:D/
~GameMaster|BISH|GameGrad|ORMO|ToriPrime L-Mod~

ZinxGlowToastBondyLoxSwyneErth
[Bsns][Fr3styL][Colon3][One][SyN][Rvng]

Toribash World Championship 2011 Runner Up

<AlphasoniK> Kristis: What the fuck is wrong with you, rainbow loving panda freak.
Seriously, try to piss standing up for a change. No life girly pants dimwit.

Originally Posted by ZeTo View Post
I think everyone treats this thread like shit for no particular reason.

I spend alot of time replaymaking and it teaches you shitton of momentum.
Nowadays when I watch people, as an example, do parkour you see it from a different perspective.
What I mean is that you can understand their way off moving alot better, you see how they work with their arms to gain speed and flow.

So yes, it has benefits.

after I started playing I became spiderman minus the web shooting.
I came here to laugh at you
I thought about it..and it does seem silly. but it does make your mind abit more creative with what you are able to and not able to do.
blue
pink

Uh in both studies, they were mainly testing using video games in which high precision of mouse and quick reaction time is required. Example: FPS/Action oriented games.

Toribash doesn't improve hand eye coordination because there is nothing in it which utilizes your hand eye coordination.
from playing toribash
i learned that if you make a shitty thread
fish will sacrifice it to the fish overgod
don't talk to me or my dudes ever again
Sorry for my jumble of words that was meant to resemble a paragraph, my future posts will be far more coherent.
-----
Originally Posted by Hero View Post
Uh in both studies, they were mainly testing using video games in which high precision of mouse and quick reaction time is required. Example: FPS/Action oriented games.

Toribash doesn't improve hand eye coordination because there is nothing in it which utilizes your hand eye coordination.

Quick Aikido requires some pretty high precision with your mouse, as well as reaction time :I
Last edited by green14; Oct 2, 2013 at 01:53 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Thank you Ba$ed God.
Regular turn times in toribash give you around 10 to 20 seconds to make a move. This is several times more than what you get in a lot of FPS and RPG games, where you'll often have less than a second to make a move before you die.
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
Regular turn times in toribash give you around 10 to 20 seconds to make a move. This is several times more than what you get in a lot of FPS and RPG games, where you'll often have less than a second to make a move before you die.

True, but in shooters you're making a quick move in a single direction repeatedly, Toribash requires the ability to find a proper reaction to your opponents movements and move your tori accordingly, which within 10-20 seconds is quite the feat in itself, and that's just for simple mods like aikido. I don't think I'll be doing triple flips from playing toribash, but I do think its improved my reaction to certain situations, such as wrestling with my friend to an extent.
Last edited by green14; Oct 2, 2013 at 03:00 PM.
Thank you Ba$ed God.