Toribash
I don't believe this game is popular at all to be honest. In fact I know for a fact that activity has gone down, and users per year have gone down from what I can see. I am on at different times throughout the day, and nothing changes, the number of users remains to be rather small.

When I first joined somewhere in '09 I remember rooms because full and lots of fun energetic people, but now the popularity has gone down. I know that many play single player, but if this game was truly popular there would still be an abundance of people playing multiplayer.

And even on the forums, I was used to see 400-500 users online at once, but now the number drops to the low 150-300 users online at once.
\o\ | ORMO | OSHI | OLDA | [duck] | Team Canada | Maple Syrup United | Team Philippines | [UssR] | Anime United | /o/
2008 geek game magazine. i can't say community was any better due huge probablity of "golden age" mental mechanics telling me it was great, but surely most people who were into tb were interested in fresh gameplay in first place

no PR since then.

tb selling point is no longer a unique gameplay but under than low hardware requirements and free to play nature.

in order to make it popular, focus should be shifted on potential customers who whould like to play something unique other than crowd who will play it just because they can't play anything else and it's free.
How popular toribash is....well its since kids been showing kids in school about this game.Also its rated 29 out of 1000 best games to play in greenlight.
For all the lovers out there. You don't know what love is, till you lose it. </3
Like some people have already said, a handful of people do know about Toribash, but only like one out of thirty will stay and play it.
A lot of people just see it as that fun fighting game that's impossible to play.
I only know one other person IRL that plays it properly.

It's found it's way in with some popular YouTuber's which will help, but other than that it's mildly popular.