Toribash
Buuut i think it has gotten a bit harder to sell stuff and it seems that its just gotten more boring but i only play it for ingame shiz
[TGS]Natejas: Wow, you have a very nice dong
If anything, I believe that the US players are dying, and the EU player count is raising.
Back when I joined on my first account(that got hacked. >:l poop519), I think I met most of my friends on skype on toribash.
I don't play toribash that much anymore, but the players on here are increasing all the time.
You just have to know where to look. <3
Click Here To Learn MMA today!
If there is effort, there is always accomplishment. - Jigoro Kano
Originally Posted by deady View Post
Are you asking if toribash is dying? Or stating it?

Things do seem to have quieted down a bit. But that's how I imagine it is with most online games. Things go in and out of popularity all the time, and regardless how slow it is there are always a bunch of people who have yet to play.

Another game I play is a 10+ year old mod of quake 3 ;) and its still going strong. As long as hampa is willing to keep it going tb will be around. And maybe even after that, like (I think) phantasy star, which is only playable now on servers run by dedicated fans.

you can now play pso2 if you dont mind getting an english patch and waiting a day for it to download XD
"Whats with the steering wheel in your pants?" "ARGH! It's driving me nuts!" Phantom Co-Leader!
I'm a relatively new player that's here from Dwarf Fortress. The creator/programmer mentioned it in an interview linked on his dev page. I can't have been the only one. If Toribash is mentioned anywhere, it's going to attract new players. Plus, this community definitely seems active to me.
Hello, Death. How's life?
Toribash has been dying out since like 2009. It's the same old story.

New people post, new people get oldfag famous, oldfag famous people leave, new people come, one oldfag famous person comes back, etc etc.

We're at the part where there's new and unknown 2012 joiners everywhere + the thousands of unknowns ingame, with only a few oldfags left, with a few more oldfags coming back every few months.

Next year, the 2012 joiners will become veterans, and the 2011 joiners will become newish oldfags.

While 2010 will become oldfag, and 2009 will be added to the list of "Cool people from 2006-2008".

The system will continue on like this until something alters toribash.

I'm not complaing, I will be an oldfag in 2013
The day Toribash dies out is the day hellfire rains down on earth.

The only reason it seems as if Toribash is becoming less popular is because not many people have the attention span to play this game to black belt.
Not only is there no storymode or background, but people lose too much as a beginner player.
If the player (usually 14 years or younger) can't have fun at the beginning of the game, they quit.

This gets rid of about 60% of Toribash's potential community, but hey, this could be a good thing. All the quitters are gone = better quality community.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toribash is far from dying, in fact, Toribash is about to take off in a new direction. More users, more features, more fun is coming...

Also, the longer you play toribash, the more it seems less active due to you getting comfortable with the forum and game.
Done with this community, you guys suck.
Also, just to add:

People who've joined after 2010 really shouldn't be allowed to post here, since they have no idea how much better the community was before then.